Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 06:46:31 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Virtue Training with Mentor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Virtue Training with Mentor  (Read 2675 times)
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:39:18 pm »

Event:- Training 18/11/2006 at 12.04

Purpose:-  A grenadier will most likely take the path of Honor! that is "the courage to defend and uphold the truth against all odds"

Guardsmen in Attendance:
-
Raiden Morana, Grenadier Corporal
Eve, Guardsman Recruit and aspiring Grenadier

After being sent for, by my mentor Raiden, I was informed that we would be travelling to Despise, for my lesson in Honor.  I was very apprehensive, although I dared not admit this to him and tried desperately to conceal it.  I had never before been to this Dungeon, and had no idea as to what evil lay within it's depths. 

Before we entered, he warned me to keep close, to be alert and to heal at the first wound. 

my apologies for the very green paint spill

He instructed me that we would take turns to Honor an opponent, whilst the other was to heal. 

This he said was how it would be done:- You will face your opponent, bow to them, and speak the words, “I honor you.”  You then must defeat your opponent in an honorable fashion, and by this I was to understand that I must:-

• Allow my opponent to damage me first.
  • Engage in one-on-one combat.
    • Use ranged weapons only when staying in the same spot where you honored your opponent, or you only damage your opponent whilst adjacent to them.

The reward for following the path Honor was, he told me, the ability to move peacefully among aggressive monsters.

We drank some night-sight potions, and as he led me in, a feeling of dread came over me!  He knew where he was going, and marched quickly on, which gave me no opportunity or time to protest.

Once we reached the area that Ogres and Ogre Lords inhabited all appeared quiet. 

But then we could hear in the distance the disturbing footsteps of an approaching Ogre Lord.  Raiden stated that he would show me how it was done.  We were ready, and Raiden honored it.  I watched and healed as he skillfully fought the beast until it stumbled and fell. 

After assessing my strength he recommended that I should honor the next ogre, since my body, unlike his, would not likely withstand a blow from an Ogre Lord.  This I did, and fought the beast as honorably as possible.  Some further honorable fights were fought.  Raiden could see that I was tired, as much as I tried to hide the fact, and gave the order to return.

*signed*
    Eve, Guardsman Recruit

Averion
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 03:43:22 pm »

Honor is indeed the best path to turn down.

Grand report and yer skills in painting are improving i see? *Grins*

(OOC Huzzah for 2D)

*Signed*
Averion, Watchman and another aspiring grenadier!
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 03:49:29 pm »

Good work Eve.

Honour is indeed the prime virtue for a Grenadier!

'Tis a long path and a lot of training but ye have taken the first steps. Well done!

For the Baron.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.

p.s. Yes those paintings are looking fine now recruit... ye sure painting meh green was an accident? *grins*

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Averion
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 04:03:46 pm »

Wait a Moment!

You AREN'T green?

*Rubs eyes*
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 04:04:25 pm »

*a note addressed to Raiden Morana, written in all seriousness*

Twas not intentional sir, I assure thee.

*tries to amend the painting"
userjosh5368
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 04:08:50 pm »

Honour is indeed a powerful virtue to learn as is Sacrfice but Corporal Morana will teach you that another time.... and yes good report recruit keep up the good work

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length