Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:28:59 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  End Police Brutality.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: End Police Brutality.  (Read 4685 times)
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2006, 08:46:19 pm »

http://stolenlives.org/read/index.php?action=show&section=area_massachusetts.xml&display=MASSACHUSETTS&area=23

Yes that's right, Conan detests the New York Police Department, or any police department for that matter.  What can we as a united people of the world do to end this brutality?

Cops are scum
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 09:17:48 pm »

I really don't see how you find these to be Police Brutality, after reading these, I'd say 90% of them, the death were all caused because of the criminal who was breaking they law, and threatening lives of Innocent people (in most cases) The fact is, the criminals were running from the police, thus making them dangerous, and if their own reclace driving gets them or someone else killed or injured, it is no way linked to the Police in how they were only trying to enforce the law. "Cops are scum" as you said, is in my opinion VERY wrong, the scum in these cases are the idiots who run from the police, and threaten people with deadly weapons.
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 10:05:03 pm »

Sometimes I agree with you Conan, but in most cases Cops behave according to the laws and ethics of civilised humans.

It's just that I think the tiny minority of cases of police brutality completely overshadows all the good work these folks do. Without the cops there would be a lot more crime and the democratic society ensures that the law enforcement work is in 99,9 % of the cases not degrading to the vicitims and offendants (At least in Norway).

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 10:10:17 pm »

I most certainly do not agree with you Conan. Cops are not scum at all. Take away the cops and see how the world turns out.

Averion
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 10:13:54 pm »

Cops uphold the law.
It is the kind of small mindedness of this post that keeps people from seeing the work they do.
How would you feel if someone robbed yu and the police said...we cant stop him or someone might say we are being brutal?!
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 11:09:33 pm »

These reports date from 1998, that is almost 10 years ago.
Additionally, "Cops are scum" is something someone without a clue would say.
Sure, some cops go over the line, we all hope that they are caught when they do but the system is not perfect and there are a few rotten apples. A shame indeed, but as a whole the system of law enforcement in most western countries works adequately and cops are a vital part of the backbone of the system.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 11:42:11 pm »

Cops are not scum, though they can be spiteful and take a young man's beer Shocked

Take away the cops? They might be pretty damn useless at times, but they've got loads to do. I've been assaulted and mugged with cops 20 metres away, who were watching some "russ" - graduates - that were getting hammered instead. Sure, a bunch of drunk graduates are a huge threat to everyone, but still...

But I do like them anyway.
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 02:06:24 am »

Im not saying we should take them away, but we certainly have to make sure they obey common rights just like everyone else. Im just asking for serious revisions in all Police Departments.
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 04:55:24 am »

"Unidentified man  —
April 27, 1998. New Bedford:
This man was shot and killed by a police SWAT team at a McDonald’s where he was allegedly holding about fifteen hostages. The man and an accomplice had allegedly been robbing the restaurant when police arrived around 9:30 p.m. on April 26, prompting a 2 1/2 hour standoff that ended shortly after midnight when the SWAT team stormed in. None of the hostages were injured. The other suspect managed to escape in a car and reportedly had a hostage with him. Cops claim the pair fired at them from inside the restaurant."

Hrmm, are you saying that people like this "Unidentified man" deserve "common" rights after robbing an McDonalds, and holding fifteeen hostages, endangering those lives of common people? Oh yes, you might say "what about those people how get in car accidents while fleeing from the police?" Well, these people shouldn't have their "common" rights either! If they were worried about their safety, and the safety of the other unfortionate people on the road, they wouldn't be running from the Police, which leads us to suspect that they werein the process of doing something much more illeagal then what they were being stopped for. Thus, meaning they shouldn't have their "common" rights at all.

"All men are created equal" as our United States constitution says, is very true, we are all created equal, but we DO NOT stay that way. Just look at the case above, that man was born as equal as everyone else, but that secound he began to rob McDonalds, he looses that "common" right, of the police not to shoot you.

Please, next time KNOW what your posting about, becuase after reading through these, I haven't seen a single case of "Police Burtality."

As for changing the Police Department, it's not going to happen, simple hard truth.
Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 05:02:20 am »

i think the internet should be burned destroyed and uncreated because this post offends my eyes.

I think that is what you sound like conan, an over the top post for a minority offence.
Police Brutality? I know if i was a cop i wouldnt be able to help myself, catch some guy who has just raped a girl, or sombody who just beat and old person who couldnt of defended themselves to near death?
Police brutality? i dont think so, Crime and Punishment? I do think so

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 06:09:58 am »

The police does not serve to protect the people. It serves to protect the goverment, which to simply put it, exists only to benefit the ones that runs it.

Of course there are cops that aren't scum, cops that live in some kind of fantasy world where they tell themselfs that they serve the minority, and the people. But when it all would come down to it and the goverment want to take over your lifes, who's side do you think the police would stand on? Your side? The citizens, or the goverment, the one that hired and trained them to be able to deal with uproaring citizens.

Now you can call the police if a burgler busts into your home. But who do you call when the police does?

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Karad Helmguard
Guest Of Cove

Thou shalt not suffer the Witch to live!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 10:38:43 am »

SCUM: HOOLIGANS

Mindless hedonism is the order of the day for PC Turner.
SCUM: GANGSTERS

PCs Coleman and Reader enforcing their racket.

TRUST NO-ONE, BUY A GUN IMMEDIATELY
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 06:20:28 pm by Karad Helmguard » Logged

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 01:44:47 pm »

Right.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 05:19:36 pm »

The police does not serve to protect the people. It serves to protect the goverment, which to simply put it, exists only to benefit the ones that runs it.

Of course there are cops that aren't scum, cops that live in some kind of fantasy world where they tell themselfs that they serve the minority, and the people. But when it all would come down to it and the goverment want to take over your lifes, who's side do you think the police would stand on? Your side? The citizens, or the goverment, the one that hired and trained them to be able to deal with uproaring citizens.

Now you can call the police if a burgler busts into your home. But who do you call when the police does?

It's not too often that happens unless you've done something you shouldn't have.

Though what is funny is rappers (who shall remain nameless) come out and say they're against criminality like pirating their songs, though they glorify their lives as gangsters. Metallica are also quite a bit like that, so hard and lawless as long as it doesn't affect them.

Though gotta love Mötley Crüe, they've got bootlegs for sale via their internet site that they don't get a penny for. And as for police... They've made a song (Knock 'Em Dead Kid) which is about poor Nikki who actually got beat up by the L. A. Police for being drunk when he was 17 Cheesy
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 06:02:13 pm »

What rappers is that? MTV wanna-be pussy rappers? The ones I listen to couldn't care less. Most of them give songs away for free as well

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: