Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:44:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Secret Report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Secret Report  (Read 1693 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2006, 09:09:40 am »

*Delivered in sealed envelopes to the Commander and all the other Covian Officers (Corporal and above)- OOC info unless you were present or one of them tells you*

Sirs,

As ordered by Corporal Morana, I have written this sensitive report on an interesting encounter we had.  After reading it, I recommend you all eat your copy and chew thoroughly.

As we prepared to leave Dungeon Shame, after Cadet Hoagie's Hunt, a drow stranger approached us.  He informed us that Recruit Veiko Deschain had betrayed us.  He kept asking for gold and to speak to Corporal Morana alone.  The Corporal agreed but, being nosy buggers concerned for the Corporal's safety, Corporal Mela Arkay and myself tagged along, keeping to the Shadows.

Apparently this drow is not too fond of his boss or comrades, and so he told us that Recruit Deschain had approached them offering to give them information.

After a short time Raiden and the drow agreed to discuss it further in Cove.  Once there, the drow was paid some gold and they discussed it privately in a small building next to the bank.  Hiding under the beds Taking advantage of the cover provided in the house, Corporal Arkay and myself kept our ears open, and I jotted down some notes and made some scribbles. 

It appears that Recruit Deschain dislikes our Good Fair Well-loved Noble Baron and has offered to provide information to these villains that they might ambush the Baron and kidnap him.  The scamps!

The drow seemed to want 3,000 gold coins a day for more information!  Having heard enough, Corporal Arkay and myself revealed ourselves to the chagrin of the drow.  He was not too pleased, but we paid him some gold as a sign of good faith.  I was completing some sketches and missed the later bits, but when I left the house to join them, the vile drow was casting foul necromancy spells at Corporal Morana! 

I used my arcanery to heal him (Raiden) and began casting some spells at him (the Drow).  He galloped off, but got slowed down by the stockade gate, and was knocked off his horse just outside.  He muttered something about how he would "not forget this" and left.

Signed in secrecy,

Garak Nightchill
Junior Scout
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 09:56:07 am »

Ha! Damn fool drow.

We lured him with a fraction of the gold he wanted, extracted the information we needed then sent him packing minus his gold.

Hoho! Seems we weren't as dumb as I thought he thought we were once eh?!

Then when he got on his high horse we promptly knocked him off it  *grins*

I think the Deschain clan have done a bunk from Cove, but if Veiko or his kin are seen around our fair town I think we should bring them in for execution questioning.

Good work!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Corporal.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 11:23:25 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length