Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 08:56:54 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Question concerning selling (illegal) stuff
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Question concerning selling (illegal) stuff  (Read 2524 times)
qom_riyadh
« on: December 30, 2006, 09:14:54 pm »

Hi all, I want to describe my situation to you.

I have loads of stuff, which is illegal for a bocian (heh, I always laugh at this word, as it's exact meaning of the word "stork" in Polish Smiley ) - magical stuff - jewellery, weapons, clothes etc.

I'm about creating a char (not guilded, I think) to sell this stuff and still being fair with the guild. This way all is clear. But...

My question is: Am i allowed to put up a vendor in my house, and sell these wares with him?

Averion
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 10:22:52 pm »

No, BoC does not own your house, it is your stuff to sell, and it is your house in which you are selling it!
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 10:35:41 pm »

The downfall of BoC

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Odenetheus
Maestro
Covian Regular

Kill! Maim! Burn!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2006, 12:40:19 am »

You should not place a magical vendor in Cove, as it will ruin the atmosphere of the town, as well as attract a lot of blue '1337' players.
Averion
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2006, 12:42:19 am »

His house is quite far down from the town so it wont bring any to the bararcks or that way!
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2006, 12:47:53 am »

The downfall of BoC
The Downfall of BoC has already started, and believe me it's got nothing to do with selling wares.
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 12:55:21 am »

Lies!

Averion
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 01:12:29 am »

It's True, and he sooner you senior members and command members face up to it, the sooner the problem can be solved.
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2006, 08:58:40 am »

There are things to argue with and against putting this vendor.

It could attract people to the barracks and where we roleplay thus advertising us more however this could also be a deamon for events and such.

Your choice really.

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 11:19:06 am »

The downfall of BoC
The Downfall of BoC has already started, and believe me it's got nothing to do with selling wares.

How I couldn't agree more.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2006, 08:25:45 pm »

If your house belongs to BoC in the IC sense, such as the personal house of your character, or is in some way dedicated to BoC, then magical items should not be sold there as it reflects badly on the guild and endorses something which is against the rules. If it is just your generally property and does not relate to your character or BoC, feel free to sell whatever you like.

Cryptic doomsayer messages are not what the OOC board is about, and if people have problems with the guild they should take it to a command member via ICQ or another messenger. The downfall of BoC is only initiated when members turn to trolling rather than getting out there, roleplaying, and having fun!

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
qom_riyadh
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2006, 08:36:19 pm »

Okay Chief, now it's all clear.

Since my house is a known workshop of my Covian crafter, I'll have to sell these wares using other char.

Thanks.

/Locked/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length