Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:30:39 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Career path for veterans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Career path for veterans  (Read 7690 times)
qom_riyadh
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 08:42:47 pm »

I've got an idea: maybe the Veterans could organize weekly wheelchair races some kind of schools - training other arms(wo)men in an individual way focused on some specific skill - maybe Archers Range, Fencing Academy or alike...

I think that in means of RPing it would be an honour to be chosen by some legendary person of the army which will train me and my skills...
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2007, 09:20:44 pm »

I've hit the promotion barrier a long time ago, and ever since that time I've been trying to create my only little world in the baronship household. Even so that I've made most structure designs that we hold to this day. Truth admit that grief has never really been a very active event organising guardsman. I've always strived to make grief as much a guardsman as a person. Ever since he started managing the tavern this has been really easy, and that meaning managing the citizen element for quite some time subsequently as well. Grief is a guy you can come to for militia business, but for citizen affairs as well. As roleplayers I think we strive to make our character as versatile as we can.

I'd encourage any of the old foo's around here to start looking beyond the horizon of just roleplaying your character as a guardsman.

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2007, 10:15:44 pm »

I've got an idea: maybe the Veterans could organize weekly wheelchair races some kind of schools - training other arms(wo)men in an individual way focused on some specific skill - maybe Archers Range, Fencing Academy or alike...

I think that in means of RPing it would be an honour to be chosen by some legendary person of the army which will train me and my skills...

Like Jig Fu!
Speak to Grief.

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2007, 10:54:34 pm »

Upon reaching the heights of the Covian ranks, one must then begin their journey through the Art of Jig Fu! Mastering the various stances, of which their origin lie in dark and sinister parts of Britannia, and beyond!  Kiss

rofl!

Now that's something for Raiden to aspire to in his old age.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2007, 11:29:01 pm »

I'd encourage any of the old foo's around here to start looking beyond the horizon of just roleplaying your character as a guardsman.

That's the entire point of the topic. Getting old coots and young dogs alike starting to think beyond the guardsman duties if you start to feel the monotomy set in. In short, develop a more realistic and multidimensional character

Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 11:30:05 pm »

Upon reaching the heights of the Covian ranks, one must then begin their journey through the Art of Jig Fu! Mastering the various stances, of which their origin lie in dark and sinister parts of Britannia, and beyond!  Kiss

rofl!

Now that's something for Raiden to aspire to in his old age.

You think I'm joking? Its going to happen! Cheesy

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
qom_riyadh
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 11:42:31 pm »

That's the entire point of the topic. Getting old coots and young dogs alike starting to think beyond the guardsman duties if you start to feel the monotomy set in. In short, develop a more realistic and multidimensional character

Well that's a great idea - IMO allowing arms(wo)men to not wear uniforms off-duty would greatly help seeing military as almost normal people Smiley
Gimbly
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2007, 11:27:19 am »

I'm inclined to agree here; no-one is stopping them setting up a side business or enforcing the church if they want to. It's always a bit of a difficult task to make the guild interesting for those very old players, so to some degree the player has to make it interesting for him or herself. Having said all this, I can't see Tiberius selling much! Perhaps his own brand of ale.. *Ponders*

Agreed to Tib. even the path isn't clearly defined it doesn't mean you cant walk on it. It only depends on how much effort you are willing to put into your alter ego ,or not. I guess the problem arn't the missing opportunities but the laziness we are all struggling with. The one more the others less.  Gimbly maybe more than others *coughs*. Even if he didn't reach the end of the regular guardsmen career ladder (like Kal, Tib etc). But after years i really cant arse myself patrolling or doin sentrys or other regular guardman stuff only to get up two more ranks and face the same problem or situation i'm facing right now.  And tbh there' s no really reason to do so. We dont have wages from which higher ranks would benefit , no goodies we would get from those higher ranks above Regular. So other things like greater events (wars) and Grens stuff keep me logging in atm.

Society for Putting Things on top of Other Things(tm)
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2007, 12:43:08 pm »

I could set up a hair dressers on Mela. Then again people would be coming out with bald patches and bright green hair.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 01:15:29 pm »

Set up a hairdressers with Grief!
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 03:15:58 pm »

I could set up a hair dressers on Mela. Then again people would be coming out with bald patches and bright green hair.
Bright Green hair, huh?  Sign Conan up..  Cheesy
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2007, 04:14:42 pm »

Well I think it is a good Idea and beings that Kal uses potions maybe he can set up a potion shop, and a Fencing School as he is also an elder fencer. I will give some thought on how I can go about this and see if I can set it up.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2007, 04:43:35 pm »

Nice one Kal! Wink

I think that if and when Amon makes burgher that he and Raiden will go into business opening a shop of sorts selling supplies to guardsmen and offering work to crafters etc. to keep it stocked.

The shop i think will be the ground floor of my cottage so all my junk will have to go upstairs. There goes the double bed but heh! I wonder if they'll want it for the museum?! Tongue

Raiden of course will be a silent partner he's a lot of years service in him before he turns into a shopkeeper although i think he may broaden his horizons by learning the art of jig fu' in the meantime.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2007, 06:05:08 pm »

Well I think it is a good Idea and beings that Kal uses potions maybe he can set up a potion shop, and a Fencing School as he is also an elder fencer. I will give some thought on how I can go about this and see if I can set it up.
The fencing school idea sounds very cool.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2007, 07:37:01 pm »

Maybe some veteran might consider opening self-defence classes for civilians Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length