Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:39:19 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The Dictata Ex Deus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Dictata Ex Deus  (Read 1813 times)
Perrin
Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2007, 10:24:01 am »

Leading:
  Perrin
Attending:
  Aerlyn
  Regdar
  Odenetheus
  Unknown Wycth Hunter

While searching fer a favorite book o mine in the library of Britain the other day I came across a reference to a book of Avatarian lessons and prayers. Unfortunately the book had been transfered to the library in Haven, not a place I wished to journey on me own. Retrieving the book fer the church would require help, so I stopped by the barracks. Deciding to take a more stealthy approach, we donned desguises. We didnt wanna stur up any trouble, just get the book and get out.

-

Arriving in Haven we quickly set out fer the library on the North end o town. Lots o townfolk were about but we didnt run into any military patrols. In the library we searched for a record of the Dictata, only to be disapointed by bad news. It had been moved to another library fer study, the library at Empath Abbey.

-

Odenetheus and a Wycth Hunter whom Im not familiar with joined us on our way to Yew, further bolstering our numbers and confidence. Again we met no resistance as we entered deep into Yewish territory, the only guards being a few sheep wandering about the Abbey grounds. Once in the Abbey, we split up and searched fer the library records. Yet again we found ourselves cursing our luck. The Dictata Ex Deus eluded us still, having been shipped off to the Vesper Museum. With little other choice we headed fer Vesper.

-

Yet again no one stood in our way, not a single guard or townsperson! We sauntered right into the heart of Vesper and into the museum. Digging about the musuem we finally located a set o records. The book had arrived by ship, and was indeed in Vesper but that is where the good news ended. The Vesper Customs had confiscated the book along with some other "illegal" goods in the shipment. The last of our patience expired right then and there. We readied ourselves and headed fer the Customs building...

-

Upon reaching the Customs building we readied our weapons and dashed inside. We quickly rushed through the building, tearing down book cases and smashing in doors. After a thorough search we managed to locate our item! With the Dictata Ex Deus in hand we hastily vacated the area, someone was sure to have heard the racket we made. An excellent success for both Cove and the Church!

-

*Signed*
Perrin Stonespear, Guardsman Recruit
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 12:39:18 pm by Perrin » Logged

userjosh5368
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 01:31:37 pm »

*Nods*
It is good artifacts are being found of the great Avatarian faith yet will it teach those who preach it?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length