Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:47:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Report: Nightchill's Tactical Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Report: Nightchill's Tactical Training  (Read 1784 times)
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2007, 03:09:05 pm »

(OOC: Apologies for the lateness, I forgot I'd run this and never reported it)

Garak frowns as he finds some sketches that had slipped under his bunk.  Eyes widening, he hurriedly scribbles down a report

Where: Nujel'm
When: 6th December 

Led by: Garak Nightchill, Officer Cadet

Attended by:

Kal ShadowHand, Martyr Regular Scout  (left near end)
Flina Trix, Junior Dragoon
Xander Laedon, Watchman
Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant
Eve, Junior Guardsman
Hoagie, Captain

As instructed by Commander Shadwell, I organised a special tactical training session.  The goals were simple:

1: Encourage Teamwork
2: Expose the Guardsmen to extreme conditions of heat
3: Teach them how to intercept arrows
4: Strengthen them against poisons

So I led them to Nujel'm.  Many think of Nujel'm as a sunny island ideal for taking a vacation.  But to me, it's an island offering ideal conditions to train the Guards to their peak!  Sadly we lacked the time to improve co-ordination, balance and dexterity by practicing some of the Nujel'mian dances exercises. 

As soon as we arrived I instructed the Guards to strip off their armour and boots, and led the way into town.  The heat was incredible, burning at the very soles of our feet and giving us a great tan resistance to extreme heat.  The first task was to practice team fighting, without armour.  Due to being unarmoured, and fighting in the heat, the guards fell quicker than normal. 

We then marched to the chess arena and I set up a stretching net.  Then I got the Guards to practice jumping, good practice for when they need to block the arrows being aimed at our brave arcanists and archers at the rear. 

Then we played some volley ball to get practice into jump, and catching.  Team Vince won.  Dragoon Trix was particularly good, make sure to put her on the front line to block those arrows!

By this time, night had fallen, so it was time for the last stage.  Many enemies use poison, so we need to toughen our bodies against this.  So we went to a tavern alchemy building and drank down many potent poisons. 

Thus toughened during this gruelling jolly-up training session, we returned to Cove.

Signed,

Garak Nightchill
Officer Cadet
userjosh5368
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 04:03:32 pm »

Well done cadet i hope to see you be the next scout coporal eh'? Keep it up!
Fer Kal's memory'!

Signed
Demarian Tel'var
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length