Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:36:24 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  In the Name of Avatar, A report
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: In the Name of Avatar, A report  (Read 2731 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: March 04, 2007, 06:13:54 pm »

3 March, 2007

A Crusade in Avatar's most Holy and Just name, to Tokuno.

Leading: The Most Esteemed and Righteous Bishop, Father  Destain. *Bows head reflexively*

Attending:

Hoagie, Dragoon Sargeant
Kal Shadowhand, Church Apostate  (Or Some other rot to that effect)
Marcus Kobra, Guardsman Recruit.
Numerous other Army members (Names not noted)

I had just got done with a bit O' fitness training being led by Mister Darkmoon, one in which I hate broke, my ankle. This was when the Church bells began Ringing. I furrowed my brown as the healers finished the splint of used wooden spoons and fishing string and with sheer force of will and a mighty wince of pain and nothing short of bitting my own tongue stiffled a pathetic little sound. To say i was mighty sore would be putting it mildly but, Avatar was calling and all  should serve him from time to time.

I limped my way to the barracks using my parade arm as a crutch, those filthy healers had nothing of any sort for me to use, not even a sturdy shovel. Soon as I arrived at the barracks I gave my respects to the bishop and of course saluted my superiors. I lined up leaning on my Halberd waitting for the tardy. So how I managed to make the barracks limping before some of the most able boddied about could.

Once a suitable number had arrived the Bishop did tell us what we would do and I quote and paraphrase, Avatar forgive my poor recollection. "Today we shall travel to the lands of the Tokunees. They are heathen dogs who must be shown the light of Avatars most Holy Word, it was not their fault they have been born far from the lands of Avatar, thus it is our DUTY to bring them His most Holy Word! Your job today, shall be to assist me in bringing the message of Avatar to these poor ignorant, barking mad fools. You shall defend me as I work and defend any new converts from the retribution of their unenlightened peers. It is completely likely we shall have to lay many of them to rest and send them racing off to tell Avatar himself why they did not believe His Most Holy Word. Now get in line! and follow me through"

The Bishop then opened a gateway that led us to the Vesper shore, I think that Avatar was trying to tell us that the Vesperi lack faith and need a crusade as well, we then went through another and found ourselves on the Isle of Homare. After a an At ease march (The Bishop could not be made to actually force march) we arrived at a small building. Immediately we where attacked as the Bishop myself and other guards men began to speak the Most Holy Truths to these Heathan dogs.

They tried to kill the Bishop!! That was when I screamed, "Die you Heretics!" I then charged in head on swinging my Halberd and didst splatter blood all over the Bishop, my MOST sincere Apologies to you Bishop... thought it was Heathens blood and righteously shed. We soon found ourselves getting knocked down and being drug back by the more senior guardsmen. the charge i had done had sorely taken my ankle out of socket and I was limping worse than never and barley able to stand on two feet and swing my Halberd. It was in short order that we had cleared the room after many hours of battle. All the while the bishop did chant prayers of soothing peace upon us and called forth Divine wrath on those heathen dogs! Finlay as many more came rushing in from the forests it was decided that we should leave. We all made way back to the Moongate, the most healthy of us doing a rear-guard effort. These Tokunees Sods were persistent...

Upon getting back to the barracks we put out the loot, some sum I have now forgoten as i lost my notes into the bay when I nearly stumbled in last night.

Very Respectfully,  Marcus Kobra, Guardsman Recruit, Army of Cove
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 06:19:52 pm by Marcus Kobra » Logged

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 01:34:40 pm »

Try to write down -all- the names.

Scout Sergeant,
Mela.E.Arkay.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 02:35:16 pm »

Aye mam, will do better next time!

Very Respectfully,
               Marcus Kobra, guardsman Recruit, Army of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:57:38 am »

*Kelly scans over this report for the second time, and attatches a small note to the bottom...*

This Recruit's reports are grand! Not often we get recruits with good reports from the first one! Not often we get many recruits that stay ALIVE. All you need now is a couple of sketches and it'll be perfect! Keep up th'grand work!

Signed: Kelly Sanderson, Regular Scout.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 02:23:06 pm »

*scrawls something on the bottom of his previous post*

Many thanks Ma'am but its jsut the quality that aught be expected.

Marcus I. Kobra, guardsman Recruit, Army of Cove

Smudrud
Covian Citizen

I came, I saw, I ran away!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:31 pm »

Eventhoguh you's can't scetch, you's can write like a goblin nearly as good as a goblin

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length