Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 06:22:41 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  [Report] Quest for Feathers & Gold
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Report] Quest for Feathers & Gold  (Read 1377 times)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« on: March 11, 2007, 12:32:39 am »

An Hunt to Ilshenar

In Attendance:
Regular Jack Sinist
Regular Kelly Sanderson
Watchman Faden Wildheart (Commanding)
Commoner Evan

As we all lined up Faden began to explain where we where going and why. For some reason or another we were to gather feathers for the archers in the ranks and a load of gold (which he later decided to take most of to the Archer Guild. Greedy watchman.). Now, I never see us going to collect iron for our weapons, or regents for our mages, they must think that they are something special.. these archers. And it was all to take place somewhere in Ilshenar, Spirituality.

Wildheart ordered with half dedicated shouting march towards the Minocian moongate. So I obviously had to wait for quite a while for them to arrive..

From there we made our way through the moongate into Ilshenar and came out in the mountain surrounded area where the off-road gate laid. Faden declared forced march with another half arsed order, at least he got it right this time!

As we made our way through the mountain pass and into the waste forest we sensed hostility in the air. It was like the trees themselves was looking at me, wanting to harm me. There was something odd with that forest, because I could swear I heard child whispering.. all around me.

That's when it  happened.. little children with wings came flying down from the tree tops and from the bushes, charging at me with rage rarely seen in children. I stood little chance as I ran as quick as my legs could carry me through the wild life infested forest. I might have gotten knocked about a bit, but nothing serious! And.. a scout had my back at one occasion.. or two.

Don't trust flying children..

We had finally made our way through the deep forest and lined up outside the well infested Harpy Nest. Faden decided to declare the importance of following orders and sticking to formation, this coming from the same man that barely could, made me want to bang my head into the mountain wall that we had our backs towards.

We slowly made our way inside the nest of harpies. Their nest seemed surprisingly guarded for a monsters lair. It reminded me of invading a small enemy town where the hidden scouts alerted the guards; we were quickly surrounded.

After quite some time, we were able to slay the onslaught of monsters charging at us. While the seemingly endless amount of monsters came at us Faden called a form to better stand a chance against the hordes.

When the attacks became lesser in size and less frequent, the citizen began to pluck the monster bird ladies, whom in many cases looked a lot similar to certain female officers in our army, to collect their feathers for strong and strike powerful arrows for those damn archers. We also stole several piles of gold that these crocked crones had stolen from poor and defenceless travelers and adventurers, oh what intriguing creatures!

As we gathered the feathers and ourselves up we made our way out from the nest.. or rather we ran out, being chased by a larger force that suddenly appeared from no where.. I guess they sent for reinforcements. Which leads me to wonder if they have diplomacy between their harp tribes. Once we stood on safe ground outside, Faden yelled forced march to the moongate. And so once again I ran through the haunted forest..

We quickly made our way through the evil forest of flying children, towards the mountain surrounded moongate that was connected to Minoc. Once arriving at the Minoc moongate I took the liberty of cease the barbaric running by creating a gate to the barracks.

Once we had arrived we lined up and displayed the materials gathered. Which was a whole bunch of feathers and 10.000 gold coins collected to the Barons coffers towards Faden's promotion.

Signed
Regular Guardsman Jack Sinist

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 11:54:50 am »

A grand hunt for those feathers and gold!

And a good report, too!

Signed:
Kelly Sanderson, Regular Scout.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length