Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:46:40 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Rations in UO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rations in UO  (Read 2833 times)
Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2007, 09:56:31 pm »

Just an idea I had during my sentry today.  Have some recruits cook up some rabbit stew or potatoes in a pot and ration it out to the other troops.  Just an idea, wanted to see everyone elses opinion.
userjosh5368
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:17:57 pm »

Well i do that with Dem i amke my own sentries from scratch a make stools and small crates which is niffty and you don't need crates you can do one layer of crates then two logs,hide or hides and repeat till high as the charater. Adds more RP i find as you build it from hand like what a scout outpost would be made from. And then i can cook some things which is good adds the extra bit of RP which is nice to see.
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 05:18:01 am »

I did that back when I needed too do sentry's, would even have Recruits hunt or forage around.  I really loved the idea of keeping a sentry up for a while near a combat zone.  That was fun, like that one you lead near the Orc Fort.  We'd stay in the sentry and send out patrols, and the inside of the sentry had everything guardsmen needed to socialize.  It's like setting up a real temporary base, but the people could stay there and take turns on duty.  Like guarding, patrolling, and even being a messanger.  So much spontaneous RP erupts from things such as these.  That's why I suggested something like this on the Dragoon boards.  So we can create a realistic military setup in other lands.  It would be like a home away from home, but ehh.... Just read my idea in the Dragoon ideas thread.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 07:41:27 am »

Agreed!

All guardsmen should try and have a hatchet or axe (for chopping wood), woodworkers tools (making crates) and a knife (getting kindling) as part of their kit for expeditions such as these.

Also if night falls then get the bedrolls out, pool some rations, post sentries and either get some sleep, eat or shoot some dice Smiley - all makes for a nice spot of spontaneous RP.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 08:23:41 am »

... or bring along a civilian to make crates, food and stuff.

But yes, because OSI servers don't require regular eating, people don't care about it. It'd add great value to RPing. Also it's another source of illnesses to RP Smiley Like a massive hangover or eating not-so-fresh rabbit's meat.
userjosh5368
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 12:28:55 pm »

Dem carries a small pack on him consisting of a few items Saw,Hatchet,Fishing pole,Skillet these few so i can construct my own outposts from hand anywhere theres forests also can make kindling so i can cook remember all people with mondains legacy get a 25% bonus in each skill as a human so can make small but simple things.

Skillet- Cook meat ribs,bird or legs

Fletcher tool- Arrows,bolts,shafts,kindling

Fishing pole- Well fishing and baiting using a recruit on the hook.

Saw- boards,small crates,stools

Mug and cup - eating food on or hitting your colleague etc

Oil container and lantern - can restock oil in lantern then.

Several torches - alternate light source

Hatchet- logs (Make take a few swings)

There's a small list See what you think takes up 26 stones in my back
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 06:59:55 pm »

Excellent idea.
I made one, i just added a roll mat, cloak, shirt, and shorts. Stuff for sleeping in.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 07:34:12 pm »

New recruits get a pack with all the above stuff=)

Averion/Gambit/Crystal/Etc
I'm banned
Covian Regular

I hate This Stoopid Thing!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 08:36:35 pm »

So, yhe guild is basically going the Grd way? As Grd also have a ecruit pack with rations and survival tips.

Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! 
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.
What you call dog with no legs?
Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 09:03:11 pm »

Every damn army has one! Get a grip...The romans had the best army because they were extremely capable of reproducing other's successes!

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 11:34:10 pm »

and the Vikings were succesful 'cause they nicked everyone else's baggage train!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length