Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:40:37 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Golem training, EasyUO & Roleplay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Golem training, EasyUO & Roleplay  (Read 4107 times)
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2007, 08:58:47 am »

I'm sure you folks all have experienced the horror that is called "training a weaponskill".
Well, with the latest changes (a while back now) to poison weapons, golems now ALWAYS take damage when you bash their heads in, no matter how small the twig you are holding is.

I've been dabbling a bit EasyUO (www.easyuo.com) scripts and came up with a roleplayer golem trainer. This script just makes your character dance around like a big poof (with samurai emotes) while you bash that golem, taking breaks in time to make sure you don't beat your metallic pal into a pulp. I tried the script with wrestling/anatomy/tactics and it all works fine. Just keep in mind you need to have those skills at 70 before you can start gaining off a golem.

I posted it here.
http://www.easyuo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=272413#272413
It'll soon be elaborated on a bit to allow for more "roleplay" during the training.

For those of you who are concerned with 3rd party apps., not to worry! EasyUO has officially been granted UOPro status (just like UOAssist). The only but is that you cannot macro unattended. But let's be honest, who would do that? Nobody I know!

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:14:51 am »

*Claps*

Easy UO is teh shizzle.
Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:21:37 pm »

good macro but instead of the waiting so your dont beat it senseless, why not build in a repair script into it? somthing like "If golems health drops below 50%, use Tinker kit to repair" even with no tinkering after a few trys it heals it

userjosh5368
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 01:23:02 pm »

Or be special and have like 3 legacy Golem Cheesy
Love m cause they heal them selves!
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:03:18 pm »

*hugs his prepatched golem that doesn't take any damage when hitting it with poison weapons.*
Moraine DiGoraz
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 03:21:51 pm »

Or be special and have like 3 legacy Golem Cheesy
Love m cause they heal them selves!

All golems heal theirselves these days. That is the whole purpose of the script Smiley
As for repairing it, nah, too much hassle to work it into the script (finding tools, using tools, if nescessary making tools, running out of tools, having to halt the script because of it, etc. etc. etc.). It may speed up training but who cares? You can leave this one running from server up to down without it breaking or trashing your golem.

Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 03:54:53 pm »

This might be out of topic but...
Why recruit should have GM, Elder of Legendary weapon skill?
I haven't ever used any "training" method.. just old fashioned bashing monsters in hunts. It used to be that joining chars were freshly made.

If it was please feel free to delete this

userjosh5368
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 06:21:05 pm »

*hugs his prepatched golem that doesn't take any damage when hitting it with poison weapons.*

Thats what i ment got three of them Bwhaa!
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 06:22:48 pm »

I agree with Dalamar, it gets annoying when a recruit fights a veteran soldier and wins.

Saying that, it is also annoying having a higher ranking char, or a char who should be good but isn't because it takes so long to get there.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 11:20:27 pm »

Golem training... All use it. I don't approve of it, but it's nice of Kazuo to make one. I've personally never used one for the record (I've got better methods!) but RP'ers shouldn't need it. If a trainee knocked me, I'd commit suicide.
Moraine DiGoraz
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 09:50:00 am »

Heh, I cannot stand it when Kasei (a battle-hardened samurai) gets his arse handed to him by a recruit and yes I do feel training should be done gratuadely and over time.

However, that is not why I wrote this script.
Take Kazuo for instance, he is an old Tokunian with strong ties to the ninja and a man of mystery and mysticism. It wouldn't come as a surprise that this character would be a kung fu expert as well. Hence I trained wrestling for him but as he is an estabished character (with 4 years of roleplay existance/experience) I doubt that at the age of 50 he'd start learning the arts of kung fu. No, he has already mastered it and kept it hidden. Therefor you wouldn't see him train either.

Or what if a character wants to switch weapon skills? If a veteran guard chooses to take up macefighting and is already known to be legendary with a sword, it would not take long for this person to become a master armsman. Golem training helps well in this. Afterall, you already went to the training phases before and I can well understand how dull it is to have to do that all over again.

This golem training script can be used by anyone and is free to be used by anyone and (as soon as I got a working computer again) I shall keep working on it. However, I do encourage the fact that only established characters use it. Heh, besides, if I see all recruits using it all of a sudden it would not be too hard to write a check into the script that makes sure you are not of the recruit/watchman rank (even if you have your guildtitle turned off). Wink

Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 12:46:09 pm »

I like it Smiley

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 03:47:02 pm »

This might be out of topic but...
Why recruit should have GM, Elder of Legendary weapon skill?
I haven't ever used any "training" method.. just old fashioned bashing monsters in hunts. It used to be that joining chars were freshly made.

If it was please feel free to delete this

QFT!

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Locke DaOrt
Cuts Elves limbs off (Dell does too!)
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 10:08:20 am »

Heh, besides, if I see all recruits using it all of a sudden it would not be too hard to write a check into the script that makes sure you are not of the recruit/watchman rank (even if you have your guildtitle turned off).

Mmmm the fresh smell of bullshit in the air Cheesy

Moraine DiGoraz
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 10:12:53 am »

Or if you are in Grd for that matter.
wait a minute...

Gah, I just realized that everyone can adjust their scripts when they download/open them. *smirks*

Locke, you smell!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length