Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 11:58:14 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Sentry Duty (Report)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sentry Duty (Report)  (Read 1611 times)
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2007, 06:54:47 pm »

Today was my first day on full duty and I think it started off well.   I attended the sentry post and was set to work gathering hides with fellow Recruit Zoie.  Whilst we were gathering hides a Troll appeared from behind the trees, we both put up a good fight and soon had it wishing it hadn't messed with us.

Back at the sentry I asked Guardsman Jack what doing Sentry involved and what we might have to do.

We had to look out for people coming close to the sentry and judge if they were friend or foe.

After finding out we could be stood around for half an hour I thought I'd beeter get a comfortable standing so my feet didn't ache too much.

It began to seem as though our duty would be uneventful but a few minutes later and a figure approached us from the shadows, wearing a robe and looking sinister.  He began to threaten us and ask for our gold so he was obviously a brigand, either very brave or very stupid to try and take on four armed Guardsmen.

He opened fire on me and I tried to dodge his attack whilst the other two recruits gave chase, I fumbled with my bandages and forgot all about my spells.  Then I gathered my senses as the other two came back and we stood guard waiting for the man to reappear.  Then the chase was on and I managed to stop the man in his tracks long enough for Sergeant Hoagie to deliver a deadly blow with his sword.  That and my fire blast brought the man to the ground.  We waited a little for him to get up but it didn't look like it would happen so we left him alone to his own fate.

Not long after our sentry time was over so it was time to pack everything away, there was a patrol taking place after but I was already too tired to attend.

Officer in charger - Regular Guardsman Jack Sinist

Guards attending

Watchman Tyrael Styx
Recruit Zoie Hayden
Recruit Mercy
Dragoon Sergent Hoagie (joined later)

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 07:01:00 pm »

Nice first report, Mercy! You're as a good writer as you are spell caster.

*Signed*
Regular Guardsman Jack Sinist

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 09:17:25 pm »

It was my first sentry as well, and a cracking one at that!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length