Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 12:24:12 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  UO:KR (AGAIN)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: UO:KR (AGAIN)  (Read 1426 times)
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2007, 12:10:03 pm »

Hey all, Jsut trying to find if any system Requirments had been laid out yer for UO:KR.. aparently not even IGN knows them. and that sucks bit fat donkey (explitive deleted) Anyone know the Requirments or where I can actually find these let me know please (Purchasing a new kick ass laptop)

Thanks in advance.

V/R
  Marcus Kobra

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
qom_riyadh
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 12:22:28 pm »

Yeah, good point.

Found this on GameSpot:

"Reason #4: System Requirements. UO does not demand a high end system to run. One could look at this reason as a weakness, because the game’s graphics/sound are limited. However, EA has made a decision to keep the system requirements low. Kingdom Reborn (more on that later) will even have relatively low system requirements. If you are a person who is not interested in spending thousands of dollars to upgrade a perfectly good computer (i.e. one that does fine with “normal” functions, such as word processing, spreadsheets, etc.) just to play games, then UO might be for you."

Although this can be based on unofficial informations between developers and press, so still we don't know nothing precisely.

I'd rather hold on for a while with that laptop of yours Wink

Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 12:40:37 pm »

It's reasonable to assume that KR won't have very high requirements; not nearly as high as other current MMOs. I wouldn't worry about any computer running it.

Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 01:09:28 pm »

They originally intended KR to be able to run on a pIII 1000Mhz with 512mb.
Not sure if this info is up to date though, but I do know they said they'd have slidable effects with the option to turn off certain graphic enhancements on a slower computer.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length