Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:26:14 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  The End of a Bloodline
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The End of a Bloodline  (Read 3707 times)
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« on: June 03, 2007, 10:36:30 pm »

It had been a hectic day for Dell, his last day. The rain had been pouring down that morning so when the sun broke out from the clouds later in the afternoon, the seeds in the grass had been shooting out and was glimmering in the sun shine. So what had happened before it all went down, before every memory flashed in front of his eyes, before he finally knew his purpose in life?

At the Swaggers, where he had been so many times before, John sat with his new found friend Jakob, enjoying his last ale before the incident. John noticed no difference from when he worked there as a tavern fool. The place still smelled of fresh woman scents. The ladies had some kind of secret scent that they used to lure the males to pay them great sums to sleep in their beds; John could never really grasp why one would pay shines for sleep when there's a whole forest to sleep in, that's free! Besides, one can spend it on ale instead. One might as well treat himself, who knows when it will be your last ale..

Later that day there was a church mass. Oh how John enjoyed the mass, as a zealous Avatarian he knew the importance of finding and punishing the heretics of the world, and especially Cove! After the usual jargon of the church men, and the groaning and muttering of the guardsmen and the church attendance was over, a punished Arkay and punishing templars, and tithing, the church was over once again, a bit longer for John at it would seem..

John, as he usually does each Sunday a few hours after mass, walked towards his beloved church to pray. As he opened the giant oak doors to the church he saw several Scout members, oh how hated those, and two templars discussing with them. He stood in the door looking at them when the templars hurryingly yelled at him to get out; John did as he was told. Of course, why wouldn't he?

A few moments later an elf that he hated, as he did them all, Kal Soulshadow stepped into the church, John instinctively followed as he would never trust an elf in the church's domain. He was however struck by a big shock, the templars told him to get out, yet allowed another elf into the halls of the church. John attempted to work his slow mind around it; why would they refuse a true Avatarian but allow four elves to stand with their disgusting selves in the sacred floor of the holy church? The templars chased John out armed with heavy weapons; well outside they beat him up, the elf eagerly helping them out.  John became furious; they attack and strike an Avatarian down, with the help of an elf?! They're not real templars, those are fake templars working for the elves, he thought to himself; what would be his some of his last thoughts of the day..

John returned after several hours to the church to get the praying done that he so outrageously was refused before. He stood and was just about to take his helmet of and begin his prayers when a templar knocked on his helmet..
it was the Avatarian traitors! Again they chased John out, armed to their teeth; this time it took a bit longer. John ran up to the barracks thinking his friends would help him chase the heathens away, such a mistake to make..

The templars ordered the guardsmen to take John down, responding at once, Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie Grayner charged at John, no one helped John, stabbed in the back on this his last day..

John escaped, barely but swore to get revenge. What else could this tall, less fortunate Avatarian zealot do?

John stood outside the barracks, and on came the Dragoon Sergeant atop his steed, with his back to John. Should he do it..? He did. John hurled himself at Hoagie, swinging his colossal axe in a vain attempt to lob his dome off. 

Hoagie fell to the ground and swiftly rolled over and around, now looking on at John and arming himself hastily. John executed a heavy blow to Hoagie’s shield, forcing him backward as he was struck with sheer strength and power. With every swing parried, Hoagie attempted to pierce Dell’s chest with the tip of his blade, though failed to reach. Hoagie proved too quick for John who relied on his brawn to knock Hoagie off his feet, but after each parry that Hoagie performed, John grew ever more fatigued. Hoagie knew that he needed to finish it soon before he to began tire.

John charged towards Hoagie in a final effort to gain the upper hand, swinging his axe at mid height with Hoagie in its path, who promptly stooped downward in avoidance, aiming his shield to John's legs. As John tumbled over his shield, Hoagie slashed his sword across John's chest, and watched him crash to the ground, and lie motionless..

Darkness closed in on Dell as he flew over he saw ale, and pie! The pie disappeared from his vision as into the mouth of a hungry guardsman. The ale grew smaller in size as well and slowly disappeared from his mind. Everything went blank and was no more..
The guardsmen surrounding the barracks took what they considered to be their previous and now fallen comrade to the healers, and then went back to their normal business.

As a new day dawned, Dell woke up and went to the Swaggers for some morning ale.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2007, 11:21:57 pm by John Dell » Logged

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 01:58:06 am »

(...So..is he dead? Or alive? Nice story though.)

Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 10:50:46 am »

(OOC:- No... not the Dell, you can't end him!, we have had far too many deaths recently /OOC)
userjosh5368
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 11:19:46 am »

(OOC- Sweet story man i always enjoy your stories.... Dell dead? Haha rubbish! well see him again im sure or a long distance family member)
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 11:30:41 am »

(OOC- He better not be dead; Frankly, I'm getting quite sick of people killing off their characters for little reason  Angry)

Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:52:54 am »

(OOC: Nice story man, Dell has always been one of my favourite characters. If he is indeed gone, he'll be missed greatly, The great, lumbering, lovable oaf :OOC)

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:57:41 am »

(OOC: Did you miss the end? Course not Tongue Fooled ya though didn't I!?)

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 05:39:50 pm »

(ooc:You scared me! nice story though.)

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 05:44:09 pm »

[OOC: Damn! So close.]

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length