Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:45:56 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Sentry of the Shire
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sentry of the Shire  (Read 2337 times)
Sean Greyson
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:55:39 pm »

We lined up ready to set up a sentry at the Shire,  I believe most of us thought we were in for a fairly easy evening and it would be quite relaxing.  Unforuntately on our way there the Scouts were already reporting sightings of orcs near the area.

On arriving at the Shire we began chopping wood, gathering hides and setting up crates around the openings.  Not long after the last crate was set in place a war party of orcs approached us from the West side.  They stood there watching us as we threw insults at them, then they walked away making us think we were not going to be attacked. 

A few minutes later it started, firebombs were thrown at our crates setting them on fire, as we formed up we watched as the orcs began destroying the sentry on all sides of us.  I only managed to shoot off a couple of bolts before finding myself unconcious, when I came round I found my comrades bravely fighting the orcs. 

Unfortuantly the odds were not on our side and we found ourselves rounded up by and being appraised of our worth to them.  They even threatened to sacrifice myself to their sky god though it turned out to be more of a scare tactic than a real attempt.  When we were finally able to leave the area I aided Eve to get to a healer so her wounds could be attended to.

Led by

Grenadier Sergeant Raiden Morana

Attended by

Officer Cadet Eve
Dragoon Sergeant Hoagie
Junior Dragoon Flina Trix
Regular Scout Dalamar
Recruit Sean Greyson

(sorry if I missed anyone out)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 06:52:18 pm by Sean Greyson » Logged

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 02:14:48 pm »

Grand report Recruit.

Aye those damn stinking orcs and their foul heathen magic got the better of us this time!

No such thing as an "easy sentry" I say!

Note: Church Servant ShadowHand also attended the sentry.

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Lucas Gabriel
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 09:02:13 pm »

It is also important to state that the orcs kidnapped Flina and took her with them when they left to their Fort.

a Rescue Mission wa organized by Sergeant Hoagie to bring her back, The Mission was a success and we taught the Orcs the consequences of messing with one of our own.

Rescue,

Lead By: Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant

Attending
Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout
Arma Renox, Junior Guardsman
Gabriel Drachen, Watchman

There were not paintings done.. as we were much too busy slaying Orcs.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 09:26:23 pm »

Well done ter the rescue party and glad ter have Fli' back safe an' sound.

*Signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length