Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:33:38 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman Trials: Kerri [COMPLETED]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman Trials: Kerri [COMPLETED]  (Read 3795 times)
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2007, 04:25:58 pm »

Watchman Trials...

Kerri… Another lovely Scout-to-be… Hard working lass. Let’s see what she can do!

Task One:

Our civilians provide a lot of things for our army day in, day out. However, a few materials are difficult to get and are also very time-consuming to retrieve single-handed. To aid our citizens with their work, you shall gather the following materials:

•   Leather
•   Cloth
•   Wood
•   Metal
•   15 000 Gold Coins

These materials can be gathered through hunts, patrols and any other army-related activity. Citizens of Cove may be in attendance, but you must have at least two other fellow guardsmen to help you. The amount of activities you choose to run to gather these materials is entirely up to you, as is the amount of each material you gather.

------

Task Two:

Lead a training session, explaining how important it is to have the required and correct equipment at all times. You must give examples to the men, such as showing them what happens if you do not have said equipment. You must prepare activities for the men to do during your session to keep them interested.

For this training session, at least three guardsmen below the rank of Junior Guardsman must be in attendance.

------

Task Three:

Gather at least 5 guardsmen and take them on a recruitment trip to Britain. Three things must be included in your recruitment run:

•   A recruitment stall for people to pick up pigeon cage numbers and runes
•   Various banners should be placed around the city, such as outside major shops and taverns.
•   You and your fellow guardsmen must find an empty spot in the city to create your own larger banner.

It is strongly recommended that the guardsmen you take with you have rather large mouths. A lot of shouting is often required.

Good luck, Watchman. Hope to see you in the Covian Cap soon!

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 12:05:25 am by Kelly Valentine » Logged

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:44:25 pm »

This will be done as soon as possible ma'am!

Kerri, Watchman

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 12:21:36 am »

Leading: Kerri, Watchman

Attendants: Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
                  Demarian Tel'Var, Senior Guardsman
                  Desmond Kreiger, Junior Guardsman
                  Gabriel Drachen, Watchman
                  Patience, Guardsman Recruit

Resources gatheres: 15,000 gold
                              196 Barbed Leather
                              154 Horned Leather                         

After Arma Renox dismissed the men I let them rest for a moment before lining them up again. No rest for the Army! I explained to them that we would be going to Destard to gather some gold and some leather for my Watchman trials. It was now time for me to try recalling for the first time, so ordering everyone to make their way there I borrowed Hoagie's rune and recalled. I didn't like it at all! It made me really nervous and sick, however I didn't have much of a choice if I was going to get around nowa days.

Once everyone had arrived outside of the dungeon I lined them up and then we marched inside! It was really dark so I lit a torch and led the men in. We first came across a drake which we cut down before it could even breath its fire on us! We then encountered not one dragon, but two but we slew them closely healing one another!

It was a bit of a struggle actually as everyone couldn't carry the mass amount of leather and gold we were collecting however in the end Demarian and Hoagie managed to cram some extra into their backpacks and we left the dungeon in one piece!

I ordered the men to find their way home and was quite surprised when I arrived at the barracks to find loads of Vesperians trudging around. We gather the above loot which should be enough to forfill some of the things I needed to collect.

Kerri, Watchman

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 12:16:41 am »

Attendants:
Zoie Hayden, Junior Guardsman
                  Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout
                  Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
                  Dareneth, Guardsman Recruit
                  Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant

Resources gathered: 850 cloth

Lining up the men I explained what we were going to be doing. It was time for me to get the cloth for my first Watchman Trial so the best place to gather this would be in the sheep pens in Yew. I explained that we would have to be very careful as this was enemy grounds (as most of them already knew) so we were going to try be sneaking.

On the way to the moongate we encountered an ogre and a harpy which we took down swiftly and stripped them of any valuables. Moving further on, we entered Vesperian lands where of course I pointed out to hold our noses.

Moving further towards the moongates we spotted a couple of Vesperian women (boars)! Of course we pointed and laughed before moving on.

Once we got to the moongate we moved through to Yew and the sneaking began. Moving carefully we ducked behind trees and shrubs alike. When we finally arrived at the pen we got to work, some sheering and some killing the sheep eventually we had a big pile of wool for me to make into cloth.

We soon left and head to Cove where I found we had enough wool to make 850 pieces of cloth !

Kerri, Watchman

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 01:51:00 am »

An excellent job so far, Watchman! Keep it up!

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 01:44:39 pm »

Demarian Tel'var, Senior Grenadier
                  Kal Shadowhand, Regular Scout
                  Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout
                  Zoie Hayden, Junior Guardsman
                  Jakob D'Stoke, Watchman
                  Mercy, Watchman
                  Douglas Kione, Guardsman Recruit
                  Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsman
                  Tiberius Kane, Regular Guardsman

Attendants [Citizens]: Qom Riyadh, Governor
                                 Jessica Hawkins, Citizen
                                 Khaelith, Citizen

A recruitment stall for people to pick up pigeon cage numbers and runes
On arriving at Britian I set up a stall, which Hoagie kindly offered to man. On the table I set down several recruitment posters as well as books that people could take though I don't know where it was successful or not as I took a handful of men to go place banners at various hot spots around town.

Various banners should be placed around the city, such as outside major shops and taverns.
Taking a handful of men (Olchafa, Kal and Douglas) we set off to place Banners if various locations. The first of course being the tailors, because everyone needs to buy clothes every now and then! The Second location was the inn, and the third was the healers. Mercy (I think) set up several banners around Britian bank while we were gone.

You and your fellow guardsmen must find an empty spot in the city to create your own larger banner.
For this I choose by the bank and I made a kind of chessboard out of the covian colours! Demarian also set up one on the roof which was very well put together. Once the banner was done I decided to draw some attention to ourselves and by the suggestion of Olchafa we begin dueling on the big banner I had made. This seemed to draw a lot of eyes too us (far too many actually as some sod ruined our lovely banner!)

Finishing the event off with a mouthy woman fighting Demarian I dismissed the men and began my long journey back to cove on foot. Overall we managed to nab two recruits which are currently within the ranks.

Kerri, Watchman
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 05:40:01 pm by Kerri » Logged

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 02:29:59 am »

Eve, Officer Cadet
                 Olchafa Serpernt, Regular Scout
                 Arel Mortan, Watchman
                 Jakob D'Stoke, Watchman
                 Hayden, Guardsman Recruit
                 Douglas Kione, Guardsman Recruit

Resources collected: 406

Finally it was time for my training and I lined everyone up on the barracks roof. I explained what we would be doing and then began with calling the order Sound off so I could write everyones name down. I then checked everyones armour and it was all in pretty good condition so I have nothing to moan about here!

I moved onto the equipment and named everything which their expected to keep and why! If they didn't have said equipment I made them run laps or do pushups. To teach Hoagie why having a torch is important, I asked him to walk slowly down the middle of us blindfolded while we hit him! Just so he knows what it would be like in a dungeon without a torch, and for those without bedrolls I made them make one using logs and hay to show how much easier it is to carry a bed roll around.

Overall I think it went well, and I managed to get the logs I needed for my trials aswell! Only the metal to go!

Kerri,Watchman

Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 03:08:06 am »

Attendants: David Sacrow, Junior Guardsman

Resources collected: 100 ore

After seeing I only needed ore to finish my watchman trials I lined up the remaining men of the evening and told them that we would be traveling to Shame to collect some ore! Using Gabriels rune (reluctantly) we recalled there and went inside the dark musty cave.

We were immediately met by hostile rock beasts however we took them down with swiftness and ease just as Scout recruits should! Moving deeper in we fought many rock beasts, stripping them of their ore each time!

By the end we had over 6000 gold crowns and 100 ore which went towards my trials. A short report indeed but there really wasn't too much to report on!

Kerri, Watchman

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 12:06:27 am »

An exceedingly good job, Kerri! We shall see you promoted and in that cap very soon! Couldn't have done all of that better myself.

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal.

John Dell:

John Dell:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length