Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:48:49 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  Covian Navy (Moderators: Arma Renox, Gregor Eason)
| | | |-+  Navy Shields
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: Which shield do you like most out of the options available?
Tear Kite   -14 (77.8%)
Kite   -1 (5.6%)
Order   -1 (5.6%)
Bronze   -2 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 16

Author Topic: Navy Shields  (Read 9953 times)
Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:02:01 am »

As other squads have their own unique shield as part of their uniform, and the Navy as of yet does not, I thought I'd like to see what shield members prefer.

By no means will the shield which proves to be most popular be implemented into the Navy's official uniform - though of course, it could be! - I merely wanted to see which of these options I've given members like the most.

In order from left to right, there is the Tear Kite shield, the Kite shield, the Order shield and the Bronze shield. I've left out the Chaos, Heater, Buckler and Metal shields as they are all already in use by other squads / army entities.

The options are as follows:

Personally I'm in favour of the Tear Kite shield, followed by the Order shield. Whether or not to include the Order shield was debatable, as it's a sign of loyalty to Lord British which Cove is decidedly not. However, the serpent could represent some sea beast, of which we are the bane! Laterally thinking, mind you.

Post your views!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 02:08:27 am by Krieger » Logged

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 02:34:00 am »

Tear kite:

Why? The kite shield looks like something a knight would use, an order shield is what Lord British's soldiers use and the bronze shields are just butt ugly

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 02:40:47 am »

I don't really fancy the order shield or the random kite shield type thing. It came to a tossup between the large round one, which reminds me of viking ships, and the tear kite, which are just plain sexy.

While vikings are awesome, I'm going to have to go with the tear kite.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Lucas Gabriel
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 02:44:09 am »

Why not Wooden shields? they fictionally weigh less. .and float... seem alot more IC for someone on the sea to carry.. as it could double as a floatation device
userjosh5368
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:58:53 am »

Kite shields just rock, they look mint and have a nice sea born thing about them
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 07:00:46 am »

Tear Kite Shield.

Looks pretty neat, especially in Valorite to match the Marine's plate arms.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 08:50:45 am »

We tried Valorite looked a tad ugly..
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 09:16:44 am »

What does a bronze shield look like? Aren't those quite hot!?

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 11:21:23 am »

I like the tear kite shield. You can RP it made of leather too, therefore it floats like wood.

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 11:26:46 am »

Leather isn't very good in water. Metal is better in water, as metal has straps and doesn't stick to your body when wet.

If floating is good, then why not go with a wooden shield?

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
userjosh5368
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 11:30:23 am »

OOC: Think cause they want resists
Jessica Hawkins
Citizen of Cove
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 12:19:05 pm »

Tear kite definitly

Just use valorite, but non coloured..atleast it looks wooden.

Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 06:21:35 pm »

Welp, I was under the impression that shields had to be Shadow Iron hued, but supposing they don't, I've displayed further suggested options below.

In order from left to right, we have a valorite hued tear kite shield, an un-hued tear kite shield, a wooden shield, and an un-hued bronze shield:

I didn't originally include the wooden shield either as metal shields have much superior resists, are seen as more professional equipment - Cove's military is no shabby militia! - and, as for the idea that they are bouyant, I thought the fact that we're clad in heavy plate armour defeated the purpose of floating in the first place.

Personally I'm still much in favour of the tear kite - probably the un-hued brown. Both are undoubtedly sexy, but I think the brown colour has the edge over the shadow iron. My second choice is probably the un-hued bronze shield.

Anyhow: do these additions change anyone's views?

Gottfried of Yew
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2007, 06:25:28 pm »

Go with non hued Tear kite, but change the color of the plate arms. Go with like..copper or something.

Gottfried Aberforth,
Templar of the †Covian Church†,
Loyal servant of the Baron.
Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2007, 06:33:09 pm »

Well, with valorite arms / gloves and the un-hued tear kite, we do look slightly like corsairs, it has to be said. That's another debate though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 07:08:51 pm by Krieger » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length