Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:07:27 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Command Boards
| |-+  Archived boards
| | |-+  The Thieves' Council (Moderators: Linaeus, Obidah Lynch, Leso Varen)
| | | |-+  Another day... another coin.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another day... another coin.  (Read 1999 times)
Obidah Lynch
Covian Citizen

Dell Wuz Heir! (-_(.)_-)

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2007, 06:58:23 pm »

[OOC: This information is to be considered Out of character. Only if Obidah tells you will you know.... also, its rather long!]

Obidah sprinted profusely through the Covian shire, then North to find the road; another day of robbing the Vesperians lay ahead of him. He could just as easily work the docks, for a more honest pay, but Obidah isn’t an honest man. He’s a man who’ll do anything for a few coins (as you’ll soon find).

“Blimey! Wha’ we got ‘ere then, eh?” Obidah laughed as he was greeted by the sight before him.

The sight was thus; a Covian guardsman shackled to the signpost at the Crossroads. And in front of it, a black clad man.

“Be on your way, citizen!” The dark figure snapped at Obidah.

Obidah smirked then pulled out a mace from under his robe.

“Hum, well ye see ‘ere I-..”

“PLEASE HELP!” The Covian cried as he came to.

Crack! The black figure cracked his fist against the Covian’s face, causing blood to shoot from his mouth.

“Now, ye listen to me eh…” The black    figure started “This is my business, so ye just noisy on off, hmm?!”

Obidah looked to the helpless Covian and smirked as he saw the colours of his uniform; an idea sparked off in his head.

“Well! I tell you what. Since I’m carrying this ‘ere mace, an’ I could whack ye face in, I suggest ye shut up and listen to me. Got that?”

Obidah waited for a reply to his statement, looking to the figure before him; the figure nodded in agreement, before  putting down his puny sword.

“Right, glad we cleared that up… Now here’s what I’m suggesting: whoever pays me the most, I’ll take their side ey?”

The Covian struggled to move, surely he couldn’t pay Obidah? Perhaps that’s what was running through his head when he asked the men the question, though.

The time drudged on; nothing.
Obidah raised his mace after a few seconds; he had grown impatient rather rapidly.

“Wait, wait! I’ll pay three hundred coins for you to leave and never speak of this to anyone.”

Obidah grinned wickedly beneath his mempo, nodding, in acceptance of the offer; he tipped his straw hat after he took the coins from the dark figure of a man.

“You see, the thing is… Never trust a Hat!” And at that point Obidah smashed his mace against the shackles, causing them to break instantaneously.

The man Obidah double crossed cursed him violently as he chased after him; the Covian headed the other way to the town for safety.

Panting from the previous chase, Obidah flung himself down onto the hard wooden floor of the Covian docks. He thought he’d lost the pursuer; he thought wrong.

“Oi, cunt! Wake up!” A gruff voice said, as Obidah was kicked in the sides.

Obidah looked up in horror as a knife dangled above his head; he’d gotten his comeuppance now.
“Look, its jus’ busy-…” Obidah stammered as his defence.

“Shut up! I don’t care what you have to say; you’re going to listen to me now. You cost me greatly just then, I don’t mean the gold!”

Obidah bit his lip, with the mempo still covering his face, looking up at the dangling knife. He opened his mouth to say something, but was cut short before he began.

“I’ll admit, I liked your ‘spunk’.” the figure said, pulling the knife back out of Obidah’s face/

“Uhh… Thanks”

“Look here, I could use a man of your” The figure stood pondering on the next word for sometime; “’talents’” he finally ended.
“I need ye to get another Covian Recruit and It’ll be worth your while; five thousand coins. I’ll give half now, half later.”

Obidah’s eyes lit up, and grew to the sun’s proportion; he licked his lips as he stumbled up.

“I’ll take it! I’ll do it!” He bellowed quickly.

The figure extended his hand. Obidah reached for it, shaking his hand with no hesitation what so ever; Coins were more important than the well being of Guardsmen by far.

“God, I’m lost…” A new Recruit mumbled. “Where the hell do I go?”

Obidah watched from a far as the confused Recruit waded through the leaves of the Shire.

“Hello there!” Obidah beamed out in a fake accent. “Lost are we?”

By this time, Obidah had used his brain for once, donning new clothes and a new way of speaking.

“Well, actually, sir, I am.” The Recruit replied bashfully.

“Not to worry, not worry at all! Come this way”

Of course, any other citizen familiar with these parts would have known north leads –away- from Cove. But this Recruit obviously wasn’t one of those citizens; perfect for Obidah’s money scheme.

“Are you sure this is the right way, citizen?” The Recruit questioned.

“Yes, yes! You’re the lost one, remember?” Obidah chuckled, in a fake manner.

After some brisk walking through the shire, along the roads eastwards, they came to the destination.

WHAM! The recruit was whacked over the head from behind by the figure, who was now clad in brown robes instead of black armour.

After a gentle nod they took their separate ways; the now brown clad man shackled up the Recruit, as Obidah headed south where he waited for the arrival of the money.

It came and went rather quickly. Obidah didn’t ask what he wanted with the Recruit, what did he care? He had his gold, he came out unscarred. He came out, in his eyes, better off.
For Obidah it was just:

« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:19:25 pm by Obidah Lynch » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length