Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:11:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Warrior's End.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Warrior's End.  (Read 3990 times)
Nicholi Ravnthorn
« on: August 01, 2007, 06:50:50 am »

It was early morning, the sun just breaking over the distant hills as the wildlife broke into it's morning chatter outside of the window. Nicholi woke in a cold sweat and chills running down his spine. The haunting images of death layed upon him through the night as it has been for the last several weeks.. Rubbing his face over with his hands he tried desperately to leave those images behind as he stood slowly from his battered cot. His first creaky steps with his knees cracking and grinding echoed through the empty hall. Glancing around at the dusty, cluttered trophies and awards stacked around the dark and damp Dragoon Tower.

Stepping downstairs and out onto the front stoop, taking a quick look around, and enjoying the cool, crisp morning air, Nicholi heard a small ruffle in the leaves. Looking to his left toward the forest he thought to himself "Hmm, must be a deer." Taking a few steps forward, spending a bit of time to stretch out his shoulders before heading back inside He felt a sharp pressure at the mid of his back followed by a hissing cackle.. "Yhsss, the fleshlingsss joinss usss now..." How could this happen he let his guard down.. leaving all his armour and weapons inside he had nothing to do but fight back with no result. He let his mind wander to his blade seting by the edge of his cot.

Nicholi turned to face his oppenent in time to see a large, dark curved blade with a sort of green tint to it, undoubtable cursed, swinging toward him. Nicholi attempted to sidestep the strike for it to clear his body, but his reaction was slow the blade caught him in the stomach. A burning feeling swept over him as the creatures sunken features were fading in and out of focus. As Nicholi sunk weakly toward the ground, all the pain leaving him slowly his mind drifted again.. Not to his weapons laying by his bedside like normal, but to his friends and his loved ones. Nicholi looked up to the cackling figure who's features were fading into darkness forever.

[OOC: I haven't had time of which I would like to give to Nicholi.. I think it's better to kill off the characters rather then jus leaving them to question were they can't be played. I've been to busy lately to play more then just a few minutes here and tehre which isn't enough to keep a good character going. I still will be checking up on the forums every now and then though... But to my friends I give my love andhope to see you around every now and then. It was great to RP with all of you. Kiss ]
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 07:42:07 am »

[ooc]Sorry to see Nich' go. Sad He was a good guy. Wink Keep checking back on us when you get the time bud and maybe you'll be back one day. Good luck with everything mate - Raiden.[/ooc]

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

userjosh5368
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 07:58:59 am »

[OOC- Is sad to see you go man, good luck to the future and we know you'll be back UO calls to all! ]
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 08:57:22 am »

(OOC: Come back some day, ya hear?)

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
Oct sayeth  (19:47):
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 09:17:30 am »

[OOC: NOOOOOOOO!

Take it easy, eh? You'll be back!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:25:05 pm »

[OOC: Never RPd with you much Nich, but your character had the beginnings of a beard, and I respect that. Wink Hope you'll be back sometime in the future, take your place in beardom and whutnot.]

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 04:58:10 pm »

(Ack:/)

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 08:52:14 pm »

[OOC: Good luck out there! Undecided]

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 09:52:41 pm »

(Was his body left there?)

Nicholi Ravnthorn
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 06:46:33 am »

[OOC: Yes, sorry to clearify his body was left at stoop of the Dragoon Tower.]
Pages: [1] Print