Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 06:41:34 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A recruitin' we will go!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A recruitin' we will go!  (Read 1496 times)
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2007, 11:18:23 am »

Led by: Zoie Hayden, Dragoon Corporal

Attended by:
- Thomas Sendrich, Regular Dragoon
- Dalamar, Regular Scout
- Garand, Junior Scout
- Kal Shadowhand, Church Servant
- Brandy Arrowsnap, Watchman
- Amelia Cane, Guardsman Recruit

Having noticed a shortage of new blood in the form of recruits about the Baronship, I decided it'd be worthwhile to test the waters of New Haven and see what kind of fish we could catch.

So I assembled all the necessary supplies we'd need to set up a proper stall: Banners, leaflets, runes, and torches. Then I gathered the guardsmen milling about the barracks and sent them off to New Haven to help me spread the word.

I arrived first and began to set up the stall, but almost immediately Amelia met me and began shouting to every passerby about the Baronship. The other guardsmen I brought along straggled in and either manned the stall or spread out around New Haven proper to hand out leaflets and inspire the local people.

Garand spoke to a woman obsessed with her looks, but even when we promised that Cove had a good surgeon that could alter her face, she still wouldn't sign up on the spot. However she was interested. Thomas Sendrich stood in the center of town and spoke of Cove's heroes gone by to inspire the masses.
Amelia did very well for a recruit, and was very active in trying to wrangle the slippery locals. She even managed to speak to a strange man who called himself the Prince of the Bolg people. Clearly insane, but she nearly tricked him into joining the Baronship!

Everyone did very well and was very vocal and active during the 45 minutes or so that we manned the stall. I sent them all home when I'd decided the river had run dry there, but we left the stall up with stacks of leaflets set up in case someone new happened by. Hopefully we'll see an influx of recruits as a result of the stall!

*Signed gracefully*
Zoie Hayden, Dragoon Corporal

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length