Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 08:35:00 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Dalamar's recruitment event for the Arkay Archers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dalamar's recruitment event for the Arkay Archers  (Read 2154 times)
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2007, 04:27:16 pm »

Leading Guardsman:

Dalamar, Regular Scout

Attendees:

Edmund Rufus, Junior Scout
Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
Falconheart, Junior Gaurdsman
Ihiniar Tel'var, Watchman

Our best archer in the guild Erik Arkay appointed Regular Scout Dalamar toforce seek new aspiring members of the Covian army for the Arkay Archers! Well me being an archer it nay be a problem.
We had some members on this training session that used a crossbow more like a club then what it was made for.
Well we have to consider that the crossbow is not exactly the weopon of choice for most of the members on this sesssion.
After Dalamar kindly informed us that we are now members of the Arkay Archers we set off for the training.

As my writing is terrible I didnt want to do this report . But our leading member of the light company  had other plans

After we have been formally recruited into Arkay's Archers we marched to Covetous..On our way we had target practice of course. First he let us target flying birds...which after a quick thought was not a good idea..then something bigger and not moving so fast...We came up to an ogre...It moved too fast. So Dalamar let us target a tree. And after that didnt work for most of us he did

this.....

After most of the attending soldiers failed to target and hit a dungeoun entrance I tucked my sketch paper away knowing that once entering the dungeon I won't have time for paintings.
When we entered the army commenced firing on the approaching Haryies..and missed alot..I carried five hundred bolts when I entered the dungeon when I came out I had over seven hundred bolts on me.
But it didnt turn out that bad...our soldiers erm used the bow in a fashion that an archer cannot comprehend.
Well I did learn something to..how to use a crossbow or bow when you are out of bolts or arrorws.
Are old grenadier Sargeant Raiden must have used twenty crossbows on the Harpies *smirks*
To my surprise and probably Dalamar's we came out of Covetous with no problem. We still virtually had the same amount of arrows but no crossbows left.
After our introduction to the Arkay Archers we where dismissed

*signed* Falconheart, Junior guardsman in the Covian Army

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:16:03 pm by Falconheart » Logged

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 09:27:22 pm »

Raiden reads the report and smirks.

Better late than never eh Falc'?

*Smirks*

Aye archery is nay fer me... Pieces o' lumber I say... But don't let the Grenadier archers hear me say that!

Well led Dal' a fine choice ter succeed Erik at the head of the AA.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 03:27:39 am »

I was there.

Rbl <3 Thf
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 05:08:49 am »

Sorry Watchman! I didnt realize or remember that one of the  Tel'var's was on this mission. I altered the report of course

*signed* Falconheart, Junior Guardsman in the Covian Army

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length