Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:35:42 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Intelligence Operation to Britain
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Intelligence Operation to Britain  (Read 2243 times)
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2007, 08:36:30 pm »

Thursday 30th August, 7pm GMT

Attending:

Arma Renox, Commodore
Eve, Grenadier Officer Cadet
Ihiniar Tel'var, Watchman

As per Sergeant Hrothgar's orders, the Navy mounted a mission to assess the defensive capabilities of the Royalists' home City: Britain.

I "disguised" myself as a sailor (at which point Flina Trix decided she would not be attending if it meant wearing a silly distinguished hat such as mine), and instructed Eve and Ihiniar that they would pose as a noble-couple.

This would serve as not only a disguise, but also as part of a cover to avoid awkward questions.

Arriving at the docks and tying up the boat, we noticed no guardsmen, and were asked no questions by the workers there! Not even the harbour master raised a brow at the finely dressed couple and their sailor...

Not only were the docks themselves undefended, but a channel also leading up through the centre of the city was unguarded. We even found ships, discarded and unlocked, scattered along the coast.

Just as we thought our luck was running out, having stumbled upon a guard tower, it turned out that even a defensive structure on the Eastern coast was completely empty, with not a guard or even a cannon in sight!

I used a piece of reflective glass to mark the cliff face near the tower, so that it could be seen by our naval forces from sea, in the case of a potential "excursion"...

Using one of the unguarded boats, we sailed across the bay to our own vessel, to decrease the risk of being stopped, and made a quick exit!

The verdict: Britain's defences, from a naval perspective at least, are a shambles! Royalist scum!

Signed,

Arma Renox
Commodore
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 04:13:55 pm by Arma Renox » Logged

Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:11:51 pm »

Excellent work Commodore, this information will prove usefull to the Empire.

Also i am a Sergeant, not a corporal..

Signed-
Sergeant Hrothgar De'Mar.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:13:27 pm »

[OOC] Then change your forum avatar from Corporal! Wink [/OOC]

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »