Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 08:35:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A tale of bravery!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A tale of bravery!  (Read 2702 times)
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2007, 06:00:54 pm »

Attended by

Falconheart, Junior Guardsman (lead the hunt)
Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
Demarian Tel'var, Senior Grenadier
Kelly, Scout Corporal
Khaelieth, Citizen

Before I was to stage a Tavern night for my Grenadier trials I lead a hunt to Doom to slay one of the most powerful creatures known. The bone demon!  At the time waiting at the barracks where counting myself four guardsman at the time. I waited another fiveteen minutes longer so any stragglers might show up. We waited in vain! I told myself nay will I postpone this again. We either do it, or die trying!
So we set out to Doom and reached the very dark hole that told us this be the entrance to this undead realm.
Then suddenly we received a pidgeon from the citizen Khaelieth, telling us he will meet us there.
Fine I said to myself another poor bastard brave man accompaning us.

Well it turned out this crazy bugger Khaelieth obviously couldnt wait and decided to use another entrance and was waiting inside!

Before we even got near this huge creature we had to fight off his lesser minions

Demarian Tel'var meeting the bastard head on!

Telling this bugger to do himself a favor! Our citizen Khalieth was trully a huge support

By the Avatar was he so fast. He was heading for the Sarge who was in serious trouble in my desperation I tried to hit him with a paralyzing blow with my bow. Nay was sure if it worked.
Well somehow the tough ole Sarge got away *huge grin*

Grenadier Sargeant Raiden, Morana had this assembly of bones take a hot bath of fire! Nice throw Sarge!

This creature of the undead void nay liked this bath of fire and decided to 'ave ole Sarge fer breakfast.
The Sarge decided otherwise of course

In between our citizen Khalieth giving us some advices. And some rare sketches of our Scout Corporal Kelly.
Damn hardly 'ever saw her

Another grenaide from Grenadier Sargeant Raiden, Morana

We did pretty well in there! We giving this King of the undead void what he deserves! Just when we thought we had him Scout Corporal and myself fired a volley of bolts into him, at the same time the Sarge rushing in for the final blow.
We still didnt have him! The Sarge nearly knocked down, my bows nearly in ruins, Scout Corporal Kelly nay hitting the shadows anymore and our citizen Khalieth not making his usual remarks...............

But then suddenly..........

it was over! After we tended our wounds and sorted things out. We had alot to sort out there! I opened the corpse of this thing...and noticed something strange? Some adventurer once told me that these things reward a mortal with a skull of solid gold if he manages to kill it.
He did nay tell me that more then one golden skull would magically appear in my bagpack. Did nay say anything until we reached the barracks.
I instantly ordered a tacticle retreat from this void to the barracks

Well not quite instantly *smirks* I was so shocked what I  found in my bag that I forgot everything..The Sarge insisted that we get the hell out of there.

Very good advice

We reached the barracks with no casualties where I ordered them instantly to line up. In my bagpack was the exact number of golden skull for each member on this quest. I thought this be a fortune. when I remembered the Adventurer telling me if you use this skull to reach another void ye will be cursed.
He rather advised me to keep these skulls as a trophy of our feat! I warned my fellow guardsmen of this curse...Later on my Tavern event after this queist I gave Miss Grayner my skull as a trophy for the Tavern...Later next moring I was nay sure I was right doing this....After that I dismissed them

The rather slim margin of around 4500 gold pieces was donated to the coffer's

*signed Falconheart*  Junior Grenadier in the Covian Army

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 05:10:29 pm by Falconheart » Logged

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 05:39:23 pm »

A tale of bravery indeed.

No doubt Covian grandchildren will be told this tale for generations.

However with two bronze clad heroes and an aspiring Grenadier in the party victory was always assured. *shifty eyes*

Fantastic job everyone who attended and a great show of leadership Falc'.

For the Baron!

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 06:38:13 pm »

Excellent hunt AND an excellent report, Fal'!

Well done!

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal.

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Falconheart
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

Baron's own Grenadier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 03:58:03 pm »

Excellent hunt AND an excellent report, Fal'!

Well done!

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal.

Many thanks Corp! I especially liked the moment when we both let off a  volley arrows at the same time!

*signed* Falconheart, Junior Grenadier in the Covian Army

I work at a place with 2400 MW's of pure power
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 07:44:41 pm »

Indeed, Junior.

We should work together more often, dear. Keep up the good work!

*Signed*
Kelly Valentine, Scout Corporal

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length