Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:38:36 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Grenadier bodyguard training. And total annihilation of Covetous.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Grenadier bodyguard training. And total annihilation of Covetous.  (Read 1860 times)
Radek Wilkes
Yewish Sergeant
Covian Regular

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2007, 08:41:57 pm »

Leading - Eve, Grenadier Corporal

Attending:
*Raiden Morana, Grenadier Sergeant
*Ihiniar Tel'var, Junior Grenadier
*Marcus Tel'var, Watchman
*Demarian Tel'var, Senior Grenadier.

I arrvied at the Grenadier HQ, and saw some old school like tables and benches set out, rather baffelled by it all, i went inside to the warm, meeting room. I heard clattering outside, and lo and behold, the Sarge was taking his seat. So i sat on the back row, because i was always taught it was 'cool' to sit at the back.

Some very childish paper flinging had begun, mainly from the Sarge, while we waiting for Senior Tel'var. After a few minutes he arrived, clutching a wine bottle, which the Corporal swiftly removed.

The lesson started off, with the Corporal telling us about the basics of bodyguarding. That they must be aware of their surroundings, and anything that is in the surroundings at all times. She spoke of recent events, that failed due to chance, that had been taking place around sosoria.
She spoke of physical readiness, like if the Baron suddenly wanted to have a ten mile run, we'd have to be able to do it, in full gear, with enough energy to fend off attacks on him. After this we were ordered to run five laps of the head quarters.

After the run, the Corporal spoke of how it is important to have self control, and be able to stand guarding a door for hours, and to be able to entertain the Baron with idle chatter for lengthy periods of time. And to be able to make polite convosation with anyone. Also, reminding us, that a smile never hurt anyone.

When leading, we were told that no arrogance should be portrayed, and that the Baron's safety is our main priority at all times.
A rather...controvercial comment was made about intellegence being the best form of defence, i had to refrain from arguing too much, but you can't defend a city under siege without drawing arms. Anyway!

We then marched off to Covetous, wearing some replica Barononial capes, and Eve played the role of the Baron, and we had to protect her.
We entered Covetous, and we all know the first levels are a doddle, harpies, and plants and what not, eventually we got to the good stuff. Gazers, and dreaded spiders, in great numbers, swarming us, but we locked sheilds and beat them back. Keeping the 'Baron' up at all times.

We then moved deeper, through mountain passes, to the dreaded lich room, or building...type thing. We entered and bashed around the liches, moving deep into the building checking out the rooms, and killing the bandages zombies, and poison fingertipped zombies. Exiting we took down more liches, about twenty in total. A very fine, and superbly executed patrol, and protection.

An excellent Grenadier 'bonding' session. Good job, all.

*Signed neatly*
Ihiniar Tel'var, Junior Grenadier.

Rbl <3 Thf
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 08:53:19 pm »

Aye a grand display of Grenadier teamwork and swagger.

A fine sesh' Corp' and another grand report Inny.

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length