Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 09:41:35 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Carcer's Log
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Carcer's Log  (Read 2557 times)
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2007, 02:10:38 am »

Carcer's Log

12th Day of the 11th Month

-=-=-

What a bloody carry on. Not one, but two near-death experiences this evening at the not-so-longer-trusted hands of Scout Dalamar who allowed the darkness to damn near consume us, and Captain Morana who was practically talent scouting for the undead legions. No matter, I've come back in one piece and so have the rest of the men. As they say back in Minoc, "What doesn't kill ya'."

After repairing the dent in my armour; a result of Corporal Sanderson's completely uncalled-for jabbing after the return of one of the above 'enlightening' (quite literally, I almost saw the light) hunts, I decided it was time to restructure the recruitment flyers - Well, the ones I use anyway. The old ones greet people with a wall of writing that they can't be bothered to read in my own personal opinion. I believe that a nice white-space front page including the recruiters hawk number, and the tome address is much more pleasant and digestive to the mind. Here are some sketches of the book:

My own recruitment book, available to others if they choose.

If any of the Guardsmen ever decide to get off their arses and go find some more hapless folk like themselves, they'll find a copy of the book in the Banner Bag; just pray to Avatar that they copy it, and leave at least one book for future copies to be made. At least if my faith in humanity proves me right I'll have the original copy in my bank if anyone comes to me looking for some to be made. Either that or they're coming to me because they're scared of going into the barracks with Hoagie still inside. I swear the Sergeant's losing his mind - Throughout the whole time I was writing the books he appeared to be talking to an invisible rabbit. He swore to me he was merely rehearsing lines for a play. Best keep my eye on him.

Sergeant Hoagie may be losing his mind.

Eitherway, with the Sergeants approval; whether or not that means anything in his delussional state delicate condition I don't know, but regardless with his approval I headed to New Haven in hope of finding a flood of strapping young lads itching to get their hands on a sword. Alas I found one whom request a book from me to read later. I was more than happy to obliege and set up three banners at the moongate, bridge, and city walls.

Three banners & a potential recruit?

Unfortunately, he was the only lad I saw all evening, and thus it wasn't long before I packed up my equipment and headed on home to rest before another hectic day began.

*Signed*

- Graem Carcer, Officer Cadet.

-=-=-

[OOC: Readers are reminded to use common sense when reading this log in terms of what information may be considered known in-character, and unknown in-character to anyone but Graem. The purpose of Carcer's Log is to bulletpoint the day's events from Graem's perspective, and for the out-of-character enjoyment of those who frequent these forums. Furthermore I'd like to remind readers that negative character references are purely for entertainment purposes and do not reflect on my out-of-character relationship with the players of such characters - If you are unhappy with certain content, contact me via the details in the next sentence. Please forward all comments to me through these forums via private message, or alternatively contact me on ICQ, my number is 138-231-193.]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:21:39 pm by Graem Carcer » Logged
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 12:40:06 am »

Carcer's Log

13th Day of the 11th Month

-=-=-

Couldn't sleep a wink last night. I lay in bed thinking of ways to enroll recruits to the army for our numbers aren't as they used to be. Eventually I got out and travelled to New Haven again in my uniform; people were around - I believe I convinced one lass to join us, and handed out a number of books (as well as placing many banners) to the young fighters that roamed the town. I even managed to get some strange lass in Britain to hand on a book to her brother who would be interested in joining - She also said she knew Recruit Belorion, whom I hear has been doing a little recruiting of his own...

Recruitment Efforts prevail in New Haven & Britain.

Spent the rest of the day catching up on the sleep I missed last night, but I was awoken by Corporal Sanderson, informing me we had a bust to perform on The Swagger's Inn, Vesper, as they'd been suspected of smuggling illegal substances once more. We mustered quite a few men including a guest appearence by Joey Lanai, Senior Dragoon, and having separated into three teams we stormed the shanty tavern and performed a thorough search of the premises. The locals kicked up quite a fuss as could be expected, having found some nightside growing equipment, and samples in the basement. One man fled the arrest order, and when I gave chase I was shot at by a masked celt who seemed to believe his business included aiding criminal escape routes through the assault of army officers. He gave us some grief before disappearing without a trace. Next time I see him I'll shoot him dead.

Unfortunately the raid wasn't completely successful, Sergeant Hoagie - The one who may be losing his mind, also managed to lose the prisoners. Lucky for the poor, degenerating Sergeant, the moron actually turned up at our door-stop, and was arrested promptly.

Some sketches of the raid, and a mysterious rogue.

Fortunately the night took a turn north as the battle training session in Yew, with the Guardsmen Militia of Yew seemed to attract us some more recruits;

Guardsman Recruit Ed - 71-127-290
Guardsman Recruit Larissa - 360-950-061

I gave these two their kits and welcomed them to Cove, giving them some basic information that might come in handy for them. After all this, I was well and truly dead on my feet - The second I sat down in the Commander of the Watch's chair, I nodded off. I heard the twee voice of some lass from across the room just as I was dropping off, but nothing was going to get between my cheek and our appointment with the front desk.

Whatever it was, I'm sure it can wait until morning...

*Signed*

-=-=-

[OOC: Readers are reminded to use common sense when reading this log in terms of what information may be considered known in-character, and unknown in-character to anyone but Graem. The purpose of Carcer's Log is to bulletpoint the day's events from Graem's perspective, and for the out-of-character enjoyment of those who frequent these forums. Furthermore I'd like to remind readers that negative character references are purely for entertainment purposes and do not reflect on my out-of-character relationship with the players of such characters - If you are unhappy with certain content, contact me via the details in the next sentence. Please forward all comments to me through these forums via private message, or alternatively contact me on ICQ, my number is 138-231-193.]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:21:31 pm by Graem Carcer » Logged
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:21:10 pm »

Carcer's Log

15th Day of the 11th Month

-=-=-

Another late night last night... Woke up this evening just in time for my Drill Training & Recruitment Parade, though that was in vain as only three people turned up. Luckily, I was called back to the Barracks later on by Corporal Sanderson, as a number of recruits had joined us that eve, and she wanted someone to teach them the basics. They picked it up quite quickly as you can imagine, much like sponges... We had a few slip ups but that's to be expected. Soon enough they were ready to show and tell in Haven, and I'm pretty sure we dazzled the locals. Not only that, but I must have placed five banners, and handed out around 15 books in total.

Handing out some books to the locals.

With that done, we headed home to be greeted by the one and old only Baron - Hadn't skipped a beat it seems as I arrived to be titulated as "Gertrude" and my beard was apparently a badger. Perhaps he's just jealous of my majestic mane? Eitherway, I allowed the recruits to duel amongst themselves whilst myself and the other Officers went into the Baron's Officer to discuss matters of importance in this brief window of opportunity we had. Honestly, I think I've never been in such an awkward office environment in my life. I'm actually skeptical whether or not that was actually him!

The return of the Baron, and disturbing of the peace go hand in hand, it seems.

Eitherway, it's been a long day and I can't move another inch to do anything else. Those recruits sure do wear me down. What were they called now...? Ah yes.

Recruit April - 274-898-811
Recruit Dah'Han - 58-605-745

*Signed*

-=-=-

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:30:33 pm by Graem Carcer » Logged
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 05:53:02 pm »

Carcer's Log

18th Day of the 11th Month

-=-=-

Not a heavy day on duty I'll admit, various other paperworks have had me tied up all weekend. At least I managed to muster the energy to do on a hard recruitment drive to New Haven. Admittedly I'm getting a bit bored of them, especially when it's the same individuals putting in the effort all the time. I'm sure things will pick up though, and it is afterall a necesessary evil.

Myself, Corporal Sanderson and Cadet Mithar grabbed a handful of banner materials and headed to Haven and various moongates for what was a very informative effort.

Placing banners at Felucca and Malas moongates may be more effective than Trammel.

We managed to spread the word to a few individuals who showed genuine interest, infact I'm beginning to run out of books! Eitherway, we managed to bag another recruit:

Recruit Alfred - 405-739-026

*Signed*

-=-=-

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 08:57:21 pm »

Carcer's Log

21st Day of the 11th Month

-=-=-

You get those days when you just know it's going to be another bad day from the moment you wake up.

Today was one of those days.

Spending the rest of the day at the healers tending to my sprained ankle I was just about fit for duty in the evening - Corporal Sanderson had something planned for the revival of the Arkay Archer's, wasn't going to miss it. They had quite a few turn up, though most had to go; oddly enough when the Yew Market was mentioned. More an administration meetup than any hands-on work, but it's good to see some interest anyway. Once that was done we headed off to Yew.

"Never work with a partner, he'll just slow you down."

I have to say I'm beginning to worry about the posibility of joining Command. It seems to affect folk. First, Sergeant Hoagie, who if I remember rightly was talking to a rabbit, and now Corporal Sanderson gettin' her tongue tied - Though I'd put that down to Yew air; stinks of trees.

"Disram", ye what?

Some bint was having a cob-on in Yew over Covian originality, turning up in uniform so that put things on hold whilst those who gave a damn went to find their civilian clothing to blend in a little better. I stuck around... And the smell of something so sweet and delicious caught my nostrels - Sergeant Hoagie was buying a pie; an opportunity I could not resist.

Trying my luck.

Though, that didn't exactly go as planned, so I pulled out all the stops!

If your mum says no; ask your dad!

That didn't work, so I thought I'd appeal to the lasses good nature...

I don't think she took too kindly to my charm.

When THAT didn't work, I had to resort to dirty tricks!

It didn't go as planned...

Bugger that I thought. I'll go bake my own pie! How hard can it be?

Maybe I'll get back to you on that...

*Signed*

-=-=-

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length