Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:37:36 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Eve's Sentry Building Contest
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Eve's Sentry Building Contest  (Read 1806 times)
Marcus / Straeban
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:25:41 pm »

Eve's Sentry Contest

Lead by: Grenadier Corporal: Eve

Attended By

Junior Scout: Garand
Guardsman Recruit: Tamara
Watchman: Marcus tel'var

After haveing my morning meal interupted by a pigeon from Grenadier Corporal Eve I set out to the town of Cove to see that all had arrived before me so I ined up as ordered. Corporal Eve then began to explain what it was we were to do. We were to set out on our own and build a sentry the way we would think it should be built. After explaining all the details we were then order to begain.

I set out and found a nice remote clearing that had a clear view from all dirrection then set out to chopping the lumber needed to build a sentry that Mister ShadowHand had taught me to build. After gathering all the wood and then forming them into small boxes I set out to gather some hides from the local animals to disguise them so no one could see them once finished. With all gathered and ready I then commenced to build my sentry. Was not long I was finally finished and sent word by Pigeon to Corporal Eve of my Location so as she could come look at it.

After the Corporal arrived I was hiding in my special place that I was shown how to build she and Recruit Tamara could not see or hear me at all till I finally thought they were ready to see and hear me. I then began to explain the practial use of the sentry I built and how it would be good to use in future Sentries. Once finished we then set out to see the Junior Garands creation as he had help from a strange man that was called James.

As we cot close we could see a nicely built structure by the Lake of Cove.

Junior Garand then explained his creation and its practical uses. It was a nice one indeed and had some very usefull uses except that it was only set up for those in light armor as the mages and Scouts ware. Someone with metal armor would have a bad day if they were to use the excape route that he told us about, and they would be better targets for the enemy archers as they will never move or get out fast enough.

After seeing and hearing his explaination we then set forth to the Town wall where Corporal Eve had assisted Recruit Tamara with her sentry.

It indeed was a practial Sentry used most often with having no back attacks and having a three poin view and one opening for entering ad exiting. Another good sentry with a small drawback, (one exit). Good for close quartered fighting but a death trap if Archers and Mages are about. After all was said and done we were then ordered into the Final sentry for duty.

We stood there for a while then were dissmissed and sent on our ways.

I must say that all the Sentries were grand and had their own practical uses. But Sentries must be formed to suite all the them men and women of the army of all Squads. One entrance, atleast two exits, and a place for the scouts to hide even though they mostly use the shadows to hide. It is not my place to judge the sentries but I feel that everyone has an input that may be helpful.

Signed Watchman: Marcus Tel'var

[OOC: Sorry it took so long to post this Eve, I have had very little time these days due to work]

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 04:57:16 pm »

Grand report Marcus and some fine looking sentry posts.

I always find that the best sentry post of course is one which someone else has constructed. *nods*

Oh and it must have a chair or two too! *grins*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length