Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:56:46 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Hullo there!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Hullo there!  (Read 4379 times)
SmedlyHerbwood
« on: November 26, 2007, 02:43:14 am »

Hullo folks!  My name is Smedly Herbwood and I used to be a part of *F* (Fallen From Grace) and T^M (The Tel'marian Mercenary Company) when the Crossroads of Yew was alive and kicking.  When that all fell apart, I hung up my blades and devoted my time to running and seeking out RP events with BoC.

For the past year and oodles I've been playing games like WoW and LOTRO in the hope that one of them would provide a similar community but with shiney new graphics and hobbit avatars without having to play a human with no shoes.

Unfortunately, none of these games could provide me with what I was looking for.

When I left UO, I left rather abruptly, I think I was holding some kind of auction with people donating various items.  I feel terribly guilty that I vanished with these items in my bank account.  But all that aside, I am planning to return to the fair lands of Ultima and am hoping that people might give me advice on how long they keep redundant accounts open for and how things are with BoC?
Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 03:22:19 am »

*Slaps forehead* Now here's a face I recognise. Get yer arse in game, boyo! (Megumi)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:24 am »

Sorry I don't have a clue about redundant accounts, but it'll be great to see you around again Smedly.

BoC's fairing well Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:34:59 am »

I know you, you're one mighty fine crotch grabber!

Good to see you around.

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2007, 08:40:10 am »

I know you, you're one mighty fine crotch grabber!

Good to see you around.

I gotta get a shot of me doin' tha' to add...
Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 12:16:18 pm »

Smedly! I remember you! Can I have your ICQ, please? Cheesy

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Grief Dryfh Gry
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2007, 01:10:26 pm »

Foo'! You finally returned. Good to see you back ! Never bad to have some ex- *F* 's around.

http://cove.fantasyworld.nl/forum/index.php/topic,1556.msg14526.html#msg14526  <-- Baldies ownage!
Eason (12:40 AM) :
The play chick?
*rubs chin*

Well, by the sounds of what you're telling me, you are pretty hot yourself and stand a good chance of getting her I reckon. (Don't tell anyone I told you you're hot, or you die a grizzly death).
Eason Edit: And I was RIGHT TOO!
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2007, 05:00:54 pm »

I remember you! Get back in game, foo'!

Also, as far as I'm aware, they're not in the habit of wiping accounts of their characters and items, though they reserve the right to do so. All your stuff is mostly likely intact. Any houses you might've had, however, will be long gone.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Smedly Herbwood
Local Short-Arse
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:24 pm »

Well it sure is nice to see a bunch of familiar friendly faces!  Really looking forward to getting back in-game!

Spent the day trying to find a method of paying for subscription without a credit card, looking all over the net for places to buy gametime from and whatnot, before realising that I could actually use my debit card.  Huzzah!  I reactivated my old account so I've now got my fingers crossed that if they still have my old account on file they'll still have my character data.

Whilst it would be refreshing to start off with a whole lot of empty character slots, I think I'd be very happy if all of my toons are still in place and I don't have to start from square one  Smiley

Next obstacle to tackle is getting hold of the game again.  I thought I still had the game installed (after a two year absence you can tell how often I clean-up my pc... Grin) but turns out it won't load and I don't have any of the CDs here at uni with me.  So now I'm just waiting for my £5 version of UO: 9th Age (9!) to arrive from play.com and I can get my backside to Cove.

So with any luck I'll bump into some of you in the next few days and we can share a few belated sessions of Boom Box!  I'll probably be kicking around on ICQ before then (me number is 44032056 I think  Huh ).

PS: Cheers for the crotch-grabbing montage Mela gave me a good chuckle!  Its things like that which make me realise what a mistake it was to ditch UO in the first place!  Wink

Shadwell
Administrator
Covian Legend

Retired Commander of the Covian Army.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 08:51:04 pm »

Fool! You can download UO for free from the mainpage!

Character are never deleted unless you do it yourself.

The Baron's Adjutant.
Hoagie ‎(6:24 PM):
Basically, the core purpose of BoC is to troll Grd
Smedly Herbwood
Local Short-Arse
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 09:02:10 pm »

Been trying Sad

One site it was downloading at about 5kbps and fileplanet kept freezing after 40mbs or so of download.  Might leave it on overnight... but at 5kbps my new copy will have arrived in the post before it finishes! Wink

[EDIT] Okay just started the download again, ETA 9 hours providing it doesn't freeze in the same place as the other download site *Fingers crossed* [/EDIT]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 09:14:57 pm by Smedly Herbwood » Logged

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 11:03:44 pm »

Smedly you old bastard!

You shouldn't come back! You just drop my tunics in the forge! *Shakes fist.*

Well okay, you can come back and make me a new one. Wink

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 12:45:05 pm »

YOU! ISHAEL! POLISH MY BOOTS!
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2007, 02:12:47 am »

Kewl, "new" dude. Anyway welcome back and that fileplanet thing sucks truly but stick wit it a 24 hour DL from the deserts of Kuwait on FREE public access got me what i sought!  your account should be intact, though the house (if you wernt paying for the account) is gone and somebody got richon all your loots!! (maybe me even lol )  Cheers!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Smedly Herbwood
Local Short-Arse
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2007, 08:48:53 pm »

Dropping stuff in forges and polishing boots, glad I am remembered for the finer things in life!

Got back in game few days ago, although been revising for an exam a lot of this week so my time has been limited.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length