Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 12:49:36 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Some libraries do not require you to be silent
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Some libraries do not require you to be silent  (Read 1810 times)
Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2007, 03:02:20 pm »

Greetings and salutations!

I bring to you tidings of an expedition held last tuesday. A rather untrustworthy looking monk working for the Britain Library divulged the location of a certain book I required. At the time it seemed unlikely that such an individual would know such information and when he told his story it seemed even less likely. A copy of the book I was looking for was located in the haunted chambers deep within the Cavern of Ice. The monk was obviously of questionable virtue regardless of his intentions but nevertheless I considered it worthy to verify.

After returning to Cove I saught out Sergeant Grayner who was quite willing to lead an expedition into the Cavern. We rallied outside the Barracks and after a few encouraging words by the Sergeant we were stepping through a portal, free of charge I might add!

Off to fame and glory!
The Cavern was truly infested with creatures of all sort of malign intent. The guards struggled ferociously to clear a path. It would someday prove an interesting subject to learn why creatures as these band together in those distinct locations. Anyhow, back to the subject at hand!

The fighting was fierce
After what seemed like hours we finally entered an ancient crypt. Inside we found living quarters and a bloodspattered pentagram with some sort of Energyvortex in the middle. One guarding deamon was quickly dispatched.

A strange pentagram found
I cautionned the guards from stepping into the pentagram but apparently Corporal Eve couldn't contain herself. It should prove interesting to observe what sort of effects are the result of this careless behaviour. I made a mental note to come back and investigate the Energyvortex on a later date and urged the guards to continue searching the chambers. We quickly found the Library and lo and behold we actually -did- find the book I was looking for.

The book -was- located inside the library!
As is always the case, this mission brought up more questions then it answerred though. How did the monk acquire this highly valuable information. Why did he give the information for such an obviously underpriced amount? What is the exact purpose of the energyvortex found inside the crypt? What will the effects be on Corporal Eve? Only time and research will tell!

*Signed with a flourish: Evinyatar*

Guards present:
Hoagie
Eve
Regdar
Thomas Scarr
Raven

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 04:58:28 pm »

Strange findings indeed.

Well done men!

A few shillings for our fearless Commoner too...

65 Shillings awarded - Evinyatar

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Captain.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 09:28:41 am by Raiden Morana » Logged

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length