Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:08:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  I feel that we are lacking a Mage Division ... brainstorming.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: I feel that we are lacking a Mage Division ... brainstorming.  (Read 26365 times)
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2007, 10:09:20 pm »

Well Kas Valentine said he's going to be more active, so thats an idea for a leader of the squad
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2007, 07:09:36 am »

Well yeah Kas is back - Huzzah and he's a Regular wytch Guardsman as is Jack Sinist, plus we have a few mages at Watchman so hopefully by the time they have made Junior there is the foundation of an Arcane squad proposal.

Of course the thing is with having so many squads is that we get spread too thin.

But these mages have no other squad to go to so with a concerted regular recruitment effort in the meantime we will become stronger in general and may able able to sustain an Arcane Company again in the future.

So get out there and recruit! Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2007, 10:43:56 pm »

Ahoyhoy !

I read through a few posts in this thread that Dell linked (pages 2 to 7) and I agree with the idea of the university and the purity of squads. I also agree with Sacrow when he says that the opening of gates and such like can shorten what would ordinarily be a good long roleplay adventure for one and all.

However just because we're heroic devilishly handsome masters of magic doesn't mean we have to utilize our skills every minute of every day. If you want a gate we can whizz one up but if you'd rather sail or walk I'm sure the Arcanists would gladly assist. I don't think Magery skills are cheating I mean they've been around since day one, they're as old as Empath Abbey. Necromancy, Chivalry, Ninjitsu, Bushido......now that's cheating !

I understand the roleplay resentment of mages (or witches) but that's something that can be played out between the relevant characters, it shouldn't really hold back the prospect of an Arcanist division. We can also be careful who we gate or recall around (when needed) so that we don't annoy people unintentionally.

I'm not sure what to say about the pure mage worries, Kas is a total pure mage (alchemy, inscription, resisting spells, evaluating intelligence, magery, wrestling, meditation) so I can't really comment. I understand that you want to present a good hands on roleplay front but I can't see it being a problem unless the mages outnumber the melee classes (which currently isn't the case by a long shot).

Now I admit I've only just come back these last few days so the more hardcore amongst you may not be so eager to take on my opinions, I respect that. But even before I disappeared I was pushing for an Arcanist division and back then it was just myself and people like Arc (and a few others) with active mages.

The last few days I've been back I've seen at least three recruit mages, it's like a whole new world. I share the view that it may be spreading our forces too thin, but nevertheless it's a damn good idea that I fully support.

(PS; We should have pimpass pointy wizard hats, recognise)

(PPS; I haven't see my signature for such a long time, man it rocks !)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:14:18 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Maldraedior
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2007, 11:16:36 pm »

We are three Watchman Mages now that I remember ... Myself, Celuvian Haap and Andrew.

I think we are 3, at least 2, Mage Recruits .. Synara Kahn and one I cant remember the name on.

There might be even more than I am not aware about as well.
One of the reasons for the pure Mage squad is not only for the current members to have a Squad to aim for - but also for new players that might wish to join BoC.

Anyways, Kaz, according to the little I have seen of you - you seem like a good fellow and good roleplayer. If you ever decide to put up a Mage division, I will support you 100%. I am sure both you and Jack Sinist would make great Division leaders.
Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 11, 2007, 08:57:04 am »

*Slaps Kas* I never thought you would bring the Covian cap to shame!!
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 11, 2007, 10:30:12 am »

Watchman....

Recruit....

They're all the same !  Grin

Just jesting just jesting, my apologies for daubing you with the filthy R word there Mald and Celuvian. So altogether that's like seven mages I think (look mom I can count and everything) more than enough to get started on a division if the "powers that be" deem it a worthy addition to the Covian cause.

A point I forgot to address last night (I'd been on the Scrumpy Jack so I wasn't terribly focused) was in regard to the comments about remembering we're only simple Covians and in general frown upon magical use.

Hah ! We recruit members all across the modern realm with our leaflets fluttering in winds from Britain to Jhelom. As a result we have to (well we don't have to, but it might be nice to) resign to the fact theres going to be a bit of diversity among the ranks. You can only have so much brown bread before the flavour becomes stale and boring, at times you have to daub it with banoffee toffee or mexican beans !

I don't want to turn into a whole guild of super mages anymore than the next Covian but at the same time it would be nice to have a dedicated team of wizzy wizards backing up our rough tough bearded melee folk.

(PS; I'm a staunch supporter of the Covian cap, I fought tooth and nail when Kas's was stolen by filthy commoner Tristan D'Gar. However if I ever get to choose between that and a pointy jazz hat with moons and stars buttoned on, the cap will be used as a flannel.)

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 11, 2007, 02:04:23 pm »

The pointy hat is also good for storing the survival kit...food,medicine,shoeshine etc Cheesy

Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 11, 2007, 02:37:46 pm »

Don't forget reagents! Most wizards store those in their hats too.
How else do you think most wizards are bald?
Not because they've grown old and lost their hair the natural way but because their pointy hats keep exploding!

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 11, 2007, 03:34:03 pm »

Lose my hair...!? Are you quite insane....!?  Shocked

Oh just thought I'd note that although I'm very passionate about an Arcanist Division (and will always be) I respect that the final decision rests with you high up folk that run the guild. If people think the mages should carry on as they are now, that's absolutely fine, I'm just happy to be a Covian.

(Albeit an incredibly handsome one that can create incandescent Yew smiting fireballs with the click of a finger)

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 11, 2007, 03:43:00 pm »

It's being discussed.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2007, 06:10:59 pm »

While it ever exist? who knows, but you amges could just be a "disedent faction" within Cove's Army. Say the arcanist types tend to hang together in an "unofficial squad" these things exist even in real militaries. Such as my own Navy. "The Philipino Mafia" used to describe the fact that persons of philipino decent will stick together, particularly thick within the logistics area of my Branch. I'm also with logists and whiter than a french flag in a warzone and can attest that they are ALWAYS together... and generally leaving us white boys outta the picture.

Ah well, good luck with your arcane mumbo jumbo... MK is sure not gonna be please we he gets the news lol!

Bwuahahah!!!

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2007, 11:48:57 am »

Now I've just spent 30 minutes reading through the whole of this thread I can make a comment.
When I first joined I didn't think about divisions or anything like that, but when asked in a drill to shout out what division I wanted to join I just stood there looking dumb and confused.

I agree mages shouldn't become too many and I think it'd be good not to have too many alts within the guild as mages or it'd just be a second class division people join in with just for a few reasons like pwnage in a battle. By this I mean someone as a Grenadier or Dragoon also having a mage.

I'd be happy to take up a weapon skill if need be as I like the idea of battlemages not so sure about the pointy hats.  I think that'd just be like putting a banner above our heads in battles and saying here I am, target me first please.

Firstly I think all us mages should get together and put in some practise work, learn how to work together in battles with different scenerios occuring.  Maybe come up with a few rp parameters that could be used to develop a division.

I might come up with more later.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2007, 12:42:46 pm »

Special mage orders would be cool.
RING OF FIRE - All mages flamestrike the same people
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2007, 01:17:12 pm »

YEW FORMATION - All mages polymorph into chickens

qom_riyadh
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2007, 01:18:18 pm »

YEW DISTRACTION - whole squad polymorphs into sheeps.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length