Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 11:02:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  I feel that we are lacking a Mage Division ... brainstorming.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print
Author Topic: I feel that we are lacking a Mage Division ... brainstorming.  (Read 26368 times)
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2007, 10:52:48 pm »

*Sences someone badmouthing the Covian cap from far away*

Celuvian! You badmouth the Covian cap, the pride of the Covian Empire! I sentence you to death by stoning!

That is all..

Conan Darkmoon
Dead
Covian Legend

Grenadier of Cove, Protector of the Baron..

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2007, 11:12:27 pm »

Id like it if we(the uber mages) were alowed to at least wear a wizards hat instead of the gay lookin cap Tongue
Just an idea *coughs*
Wizard hats? *Vomits all over the screen*
Maldraedior
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2007, 11:25:39 pm »

Lawl ^^

You party peps have taken this discussion WAY to far.
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2007, 04:04:34 pm »

Id like it if we(the uber mages) were alowed to at least wear a wizards hat instead of the gay lookin cap Tongue
Just an idea *coughs*

-That- took it too far!! *shakes fist*

But yes...as Kazuo says, it all boils down to two things.

Dedication (This is your number one priority). And numbers in the army overall is also a major point. And by number...I mean numbers of dedicated players.

And concentration. It's so much better to concentrate one a lesser number of squads, than spread us thin, no matter how good the idea.
And make no mistake I like the idea of "war-wizard" but I also believe that it doesn't fit with Cove as a town and guild. The average covian doesn't openly use magery.

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2007, 08:59:28 pm »

Thats why I dont use my magic alot....only when I feel the need(for speed).
I dont recall unless I have to run around the world map or something.
I dont gate unless ordered to. I dont cast spells if I can kill it with weapon...and dont heal(in vas mani) until someone is standing with one foot in the grave.

*smiles*

And I retract my comment on the cap...it is obviously superior to any other headwear in the world and universe alike. Shocked
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2007, 07:42:51 pm »

I'm sorry did I say mage RP is lame?  Well what I should have said was, "Mage RP is alright, but an army of mages is so.... I can't find a word for it."  I think it would be alright if there was a squad of mages that use weapons as well as magery, but a squad of pure mages doesn't fit the Covian community.

I still think that there is enough squads for mages to join.  I mean, my character can only join two squads too.  "Dragoons and Grenadiers."  Mages have a little more strict, but they got two squads they can join as well.  Being a Marine is just like being a normal soldier except you have the luxury of being the superior force on sea.  The way I see it is you have three good choices.  Stay a guardsman and have no restrictions, Join the navy and not force your char to love the sea, or get 50 hiding and like 70-80 stealth and join the scouts.

I don't hate your idea.  I just think it's the wrong time, you have the same amount of choices as everyone else does, and Warrior-Mages would be more Covian than pure mages.  Plus it's an awesome temp if you use it right.

I'd make this Tongue

100 Magery
100 Evaluate Intelligence
120 Swords/Fencing/Macing
90-100 Healing
90-100 Tactics or whatever else.
100 Anatomy
100 Meditation.

90/90/70

It would be good because if you got disarmed you have 110 Evasion on your back.  With your weapon you'd have 50% chance of getting hit by a person with 120 weapon skill, and like 43% chance of getting hit by a GM weapon user.  You can heal 4 different ways, cure poison 3 different ways, and kill someone in like 2 seconds in a duel.  Just seems like this would be a good fit if the mages used a weapon as well as magery.

I'm out peace.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:52:28 pm by Kurt Alimar/Markus » Logged
Garak Nightchill
The Light Company
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2007, 07:47:57 pm »

People shouldn't get too caught up on marine = sea.  Cove is a port-town so marines could be assigned to the watchtower, guarding the docks etc. 
Kurt Alimar/Markus
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2007, 07:55:32 pm »

Exactly Garak...  Marines are supposed to be efficient no matter where they fight, and that's why they are most qualified to be the major part of the navy.  I mean how often do you think the marines will be on a boat anyways?  You don't have to walk, talk, or act like a seaman.  Just have your character RP it as they are in the marines, but have them act like a normal guardsman.  You can always switch squads should the mages get their wish.
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2007, 08:01:09 pm »

Well "just another job" kind of hurts the fantasy role playing feeling. A sea dog should be a drunk sailor etc etc, because it adds to the magic and the fun rather than having it feel like "a job".

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Averion/Gambit/Crystal/Etc
I'm banned
Covian Regular

I hate This Stoopid Thing!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:25 pm »

Question: If mages do not have meditation therefore do not need med-eable armour, is it possible for them to join a main squad e.g The Dragoons?

Girls are like phones. We love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! 
It takes 46 muscles to frown but only 4 to flip 'em the bird.
What you call dog with no legs?
Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.
Hrothgar
Played by a Icelandic banker
Cove Command
Covian Legend

The Old One

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2007, 10:21:53 pm »

There are no "Main" squads except grenadiers, there is the main bulk of the army the normal guardsmen.. And the squads. I don't think the Dragoons would accept mages unless you could wield a weapon as well.

Tyrael
Diciplined Soldier
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

The Baron's Own

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2007, 03:52:28 am »

Well now that I think about it.. Mages don't really fit in any squad do they, I mean they are to big of sissies that can't take a punch (Low HP) so dragoons are out,  They aren't the sneakiest bunch.. I mean its not that sneaky when you run and invis yourself for a short period of time..  The Navy.. HA seaman mages.. enough said, then they are the Grenadiers I guess, but The Baron trusting a wytch..?! Well i guess its because we don't really have enough mages in the guild to do anything about it.. They could always stay guardsman..  I dunno I guess in the end.. this post was posted in pure boredom!
Moraine DiGoraz
Banned for excessive profanity.
Citizen of Cove
Covian Veteran

Unlike cool Covians I am banned for being an idiot

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2007, 07:46:40 am »

It is a valid post though and should flare up the discussion again.

Do we need a mage division?
Do we have enough mages to form a division?
Who would run the mage division?
What -exactly- would the mage division entrail?

If we can get a short but solid answer to all those questions then it's up to Command to either realize this devision or not and if not then let them decide what and where the rightful place of a mage would be within the Baronship.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2007, 08:00:52 am »

In my personal opinion... Aye it is a valid post.

We do have a few more mages than we have had previously.

Yes a battle-mage is something new and fresh to BoC as opposed to pure mages.

But...

For this squad to become reality...

We do need more mages/battlemages.

We need a few of them at least to have reached the rank of Junior.

We need a suitable candidate to lead the squad.

And then... Maybe... It could become reality.

So to all you battlemages - get recruiting and get your promotion requirements done Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2007, 09:11:50 am »

What about a College for mages? They don't need to join a specific squad, but they're members of an informal squad?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length