Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 10:39:43 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial ~ Alery Briggs - COMPLETE
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial ~ Alery Briggs - COMPLETE  (Read 3787 times)
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

Greetings, Briggs!

I've checked over your record and it seems ye've been doing well at the Watchman rank already! Therefore, I shall be not setting you any tasks for your apprenticeship, but instead granting ye your Watchman's Trial.

WATCHMAN'S TRIAL - ALERI BRIGGS

Junior Huntmaster - Hythloth
A grand Hunt is always enjoyable, and a good test of skill! I want you to lead a squad of guardsmen to ancient Hythloth, the dungeon that is the anti-virtue of Spirituality and Humility! There you will dispatch several of its occupants.

Conditions
* Kill 5 Gazers
* Kill 5 Daemons
* Kill a Balron, retrieving the 'Jaws of the Balron' trophy for all to see!
* Gather the remainding sum of gold ye require for promotion.
* At least FOUR guardsmen must attend with ye.
* Events must be reported below.

Training Instructor - Altmere
Ye've attended a few Training Sessions to have a grasp of what is required to be taught and impressed upon guardsmen. Lead your own Training Session, but at the Altmere Guardpost. It has been long since the Covian guardsmen have shown their presence there, and it'd most likely keep local residents at ease knowing they are still protected!

Conditions
* Host at Altmere Guardpost.
* Hold an Inspection.
* Cover basic Parade Drill Orders.
* Play-out some Combat Training Scenarios.
* At least FOUR guardsmen must attend.
* Reports the event below.

Good luck, Watchman Briggs!
I hope to see ye wearing the Covian cap soon enough!

P.S. The reports you wrote for your 'Guardsman Duties' count also for the 'Reports' requirement.

Gregor Eason
Mentor of Watchman Briggs and Guardsman Recruit Malais
Senior Guardsman, Covian Army
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:41:06 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Aleri Briggs
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:22:29 pm »

Juneyor Huntemarseter - Hycloth Hythmoth Hylolcloth Haithloths Hayamoth Hythloth - 03/07/2011

Aftr the Sundai Parayd, the brafe men and women of Cove descided to truste theyre lives in me......how insayne! I breifed the fine selekction of Cove's finesst of theyre impendin venchure. Fisrt part of mi tryal calls for tripp to Hycloth dugneon, where we have a kill liste to komplete. As Captaine an Chief of this hunte, and for ekstra motifation, I implemeneantned a point systeme...lettuce see who wins!

Don the batle armour, the esksotik weponry and the evul stares - lettuce get on withe it!

I hope thay now wat their geting themselfes into!

Haithmoth is a horible place. Damp, smely, weirde ooze spoutin from the wals..reminds mi of a Vesper inn! Hah! Stiking tite to one another, we venchured carefuly downe towardes the daemon layrs. We enkounterd many a beasts however manly leser beings that were eazily thrawarated. To bi honest, the harddest foe was getin Senor Kas unstuk from a spyder web! Hah! Any other problemos on the way were dispached quik, inkluding cuning bloking taktics from the daemons. Arkcanist bubble gate to the rescuoo!

Thins are juste getin started...

Faive Gazers and Faive Daemons? Hah! How abot a bilion milion of each, caus thas how many we kiled! Honesst!

I hop thys dugneon has hardr enemys!

In the heet of batle, we spoted a green fayrie wytch thing! Argh! Kil it yeled Komander Keres! Oh...wayte...it was Korpral Ilyana shapeshifted...lest put it nicly an say pointes were defininitly dedukted!

Eep! Whoops!

Aftr geting throu what was thaught to be an umpossible wytchcraft maze, we neered the Balrog's layr. Kommander Krepe gave us a run downe on what was comin up and useful tips! Mostely juss saying don't die caus he was tooo lazi to write our mothers leters...

Lest do this!

In went tha Comandeer, and bak out he came...with a Balron on his tayl! Swingin it's mighti akse it flatened a rekruit or two but we held it togethr with ekselcent healin to bring it downe! We evene had tyme to peel the rekruits off the walls an help them back! Frome there, Senor Kas fetchd Mummi and Daddi Balrons an we kiled them too! Three Balron kils an a bunch of leser daemons layter we descided to cheese it bak to Cove! Aha...bute not befor I stol mi a trofy!

Ekscelent batle taktiks rein supremme!

A quik headcount meante no cashualties! Fantawesome! Bak to Cove! A good amont of loot was donated by al warriors.

Win/win/win lead hunte!

Befor dismisin the lot, I talied up points, an the rezults I shal add to the botom. Senor Kas was ruled viktor, and was rewarded with mi weaks pay! Wel deservd the THREE silvers!

Som did beter than others too sai the leest!

Nowe to starte preplaning the trayning seshion! Humpf!

Atended Gardsmen an Pointes
Turok Keres, Comander: -100 on the counte of bad direktion, rash blugeonin of frendlies an lak of ballet feet
Ilybanana Drachen, Arkanist Corporale: 50 for controlin herself in revenge
Kase Valentin, Senor Akcanist: 100 for cheeky antiks an provin to be good bayt for Balrons - WINNER!
Demarion Tel'vur, Reglar Grenadine: -50 for sleping on the job an leaving early!
Nicholii, Reglar Gardsman: 30 for getin loste but destryoin half of the dugneon by himself
Sergyo Jaret, Reglar Scout: 0 for getin us loste but then oferin sound advice to brayke even
Aleri Briggs, Warchmen - LEADING
Avalynne Vail, Gardswomen Reckruit: 30 for showin no mercy to bashin defenseles imps no mater how cute they wer
Kelban, Gardsman Rekrut: 30 on the counte of grate teamwerk an pokin skils
Tyrel, Guardsmen Rekcruit: 30 for fantastik healin on the Balron fites

Aleri Briggs,
Wachmen

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 02:33:09 pm »

A fine fine report Briggs, almost fine enough to rival your obvious leadership skills.

It is my hope that you remain with Cove indefinitely.

The sky is the limit for heroes such as yourself !

Signed with a small picture depicting Aleri Briggs in the role of Baron,
Senior Arcanist Kas Valentine.

Aleri Briggs
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:03:48 am »

Aleri Briggs Trainin Boot Camp - 04/07/2011

Finaly, finaly I get revenge from all the push-upps an laps! Finaly, I can be the task mastyr! Hah!

Cardio Exersise 1 - Jumpin Jacks

To begine with, a forsed march downe to Altmare. There, I instruked the enrollees to strip downe of theyr armour, althou some were less disiplined! Corporal Illylyana was quik to show us how disipline can be given easily! Sinse it took them a while realy to strip downe, Jumping Jacks were in order! Fiften of them! That wil get the blood pumpin!

Only getin started!

Cardio Exersise 2 - Suicides

Good olde sprinte, turn, sprinte some maor and turn and sprinte some maor! Good for trainin evading taktics and keepin quik on your feet! All enrollees posted rermarkabell times butt Recrut Kelban shone throu!

Faster faster!

Brake and Inspektion

Clearly out of shape, I gave the lot a rest and caried out a bag inspektion! Mi findings were realy to be ekspected, the men were messy while the women had some sense in them...ekspect for cheese remains! Corporale Ilyanna again shoing us how to keep a neat and praktical bag.

Cheese?! Ew!

Batle Trainin Eksersie 1 - Taktical Orders

Brake over an batle armour on, lettuce get serius! Firste off, a breif reminder of orders used in batle situartions to get them into the mood once againe!

Dril Master Briggs! Hah!

Batle Trainin Esxcerise 2 - Preshious Cargo

The objektive of this game was to run a simulashion of an eskort mision. Retyred Arkanist Haap was to akt as the Cargo and was not alowed to defend himself. Defnders wuld eskort the Cargo by keepin close alowing it to move forwards to the finish, while attakers...attaked! The team of Corporale Ilybanana an Recrut Kelban came out on top whil defendin an attaking, however Recruite Vale performed very wel in both atempts.

Protekt the Cargo...no attak the Cargo!

Batle Traynin Training Exersise 3 - Fox and Hounds

Simulatin a chase after a deadie in the thick forests of Greater Cove, Corporall Ilyanna volunetered to be the Fox, while others chased her downe as Hounds. The route? Altmere to the Baracks! Hounds  againe had to subdoo the Fox before she reeched the Barraks to win, however powerful Arkanist skils came out on top and she made it ther...with bumps an bruisses tho!

Catch it catch it catch it!

Batle Tranin Exercise 4 - Gladiators

The prhase "there can onli be one" fitts this nekst senarioo well! Viktorious kombatants must face wave after wave of chalengers till they fall! Good for enduranse an general combatt trainin! The batle between the two Arkanists seemed never endin, and speshul hats off to Retired Akranist Haap as he was able to dispastch two Recruts at the same time! Old dawg stil has some triks! Hah!

FIGHT!

Thus ends mi Boot Camp, I had a few maor games up mi sleeve but turnouts were up and downe. Oh wel! I will try to hold another at some pointe!

Dismissed!

Atended Guardsman
Illyanna Drachen, Arcanest Corporal
Elizabeth Martini, Oficer Cadett (partly atended)
Aleri Briggs, Warchman - LEADING
Cal'pie Cui'gnr, Watchmen (partly atended)
Avalynne Vail, Gardswomen Reckruit
Kelban, Gardsman Rekrut
Riker Valkoo, Guardsman Recrut
Celery Haap, Retried Akranist

Aleri Briggs,
Washman

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 12:30:00 pm »

Well led and a very decent report, Briggs! Attend parade on next sunday if ye wish to earn the legendary Covian cap!

*A guardsman duty OR an attended training has been awarded to all in attendance*

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Gregor Eason
Cove Command
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 01:45:44 pm »

Exceptional work, Briggs! I particularly enjoyed the Points System you deployed for the Hunt. A good way to keep morale high whilst slaying the filth that lingers in dungeons.
You've done well with your ascent through the ranks thus far. I'll do my best to attend your promotion this Sunday eve.

Literacy still needs a little work though! We must endeavour to improve your spelling and grammar before ye reach Regular!

Gregor Eason
Mentor of Watchman Briggs and Guardsman Recruit Malais
Senior Guardsman, Covian Army

Garak: "Uh, I was under the impression we didn't allow neon hair?"
Grief: "I was under the impression we didn't allow hair at all!?"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length