Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 04:35:23 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Sentry at the Gates
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sentry at the Gates  (Read 2052 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2008, 02:37:18 am »

Sentry at the Gates of Cove

Led By: Torrak Keres, Guardsman Recruit

Attended By: Fla Goldhammer, Guardsman Recruit Floor Scrubber
                     Marcus Kobra, Watchman
                     Kas Valentine, Regular Guardsman

As the night wore on and the crowd at the tavern dissapated, I found myself alone with Regular Valentine - who appeared to be sleeping. I woke him, suggesting a patrol, and we set off for the barracks to see who else we could find. We were joined by Watchman Kobra, who suggested I ring the bell to attract more guardsmen, and assure the citizens that the Army was keeping them safe. Guardsman Recruit Floor Scrubber Goldhammer arrived shortly after, and we decided it was far too late at night for a patrol, and that a Sentry would be more reasonable.

All was quiet at the gates, so after we'd built our fortifications Regular Valentine fetched us breakfast, which the Floor Scrubber promptly pushed me onto. The breakfast ruined, I challenged him to a duel - which I won. Although the breakfast was ruined, we all kept our tempers. The breakfast ruined, the Floor Scrubber then attempted to set fire to me - successfully failing due to my quick reflexes. I warned the Recruit Floor Scrubber that my patience was wearing thin, but he charged! I accidentally shot him, though not before he could get a good swing at my knee.

Regular Valentine helped me to my feet, giving me a branch left over from the construction of the Sentry to help me stand. I ordered the Sentry dismantled, and dismissed the men before being carried walking to the Hospital for treatment.

*scrabbled sloppily*
Sergeant Guardsman Recruit Torrak Keres

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:08:53 am »

Bloody hell, sounds like a dangerous evening, and that's with no enemies bothering you!

Good stuff anywho lads, vital part of Covian safety, is the Sentry.

*Signed carefully*
Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:42:23 am »

S'dangerous Vince, I tell yer, hence the reason we were the men for the job. If we staffed our gates with any old guardsmen we'd risk the safety and sanctity of glorious Cove (not to mention my shimmering good looks). As a side note Fla Goldhammer and fire do not mix. Good sentry there Torrak, you braved all challenges with ease !

Signed in twirling flamboyant handwriting with little happy faces above certain letters,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length