Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 06:39:01 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Power Playing + Power Emotes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Power Playing + Power Emotes  (Read 2275 times)
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2008, 03:32:00 am »

When running event please take in consideration of what the out come will be after the event is overwith. Power Play + Power Emotes of example are as follows,

Cuts his Throat
Breaks his Neck
Stabs him in the Heart

These are considered not so RP when someone has to retire a character because of it. The better way of Emoting it is as follows,

Triies to cut his Throat
Triies to break his neck
Triies to stab him in the Heart

Remember guys try to make it as real as possible but always give them a chance to eather Duck, Dodge out of the way, or even Jump back from reach

There was an insodent with one character retired by having his neck broke and body left in fire. So try to better your Emote to where an option of reaction could take place.

I hope some point of meaning will be gained from this as I also hope that no offence will be taken from this, I just want to see our RPers happy and enjoy the characters they have without having to retire them from the Power Emoting.

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:17:23 am »

In certain situations you needn't attempt to do things; such as if a character is inprisoned and restrained (thus unable to fend or flee), or if your character has a height/strength advantage; a guard over an unsuspecting civilian etc.

With regards to wounding that would leave a mark on a character, always ask for their consent via party before performing an action that will force them to alter the role-play of their character.

And finally the only people with the ability to permanently kill off a character are the relevant higher authorities within each individual guild; most usually when rule-breaking has been so severe that the character is no longer permitted to remain within the guild. In our case, this is Command and with their say so; the Church.

Cheers!

- Grey
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 02:13:05 pm »

That said, when somone does Rp *Tries to Stab him* Don't always say *Dodges* it gets annoying if your char becomes invincible to rp attack.

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 05:54:29 pm »

*Dodge* Tongue

Raven
Highlander
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Legend

The Highlander

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 09:54:06 am »

* kills hoagie *

⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ Order of Distinction ⚔ Border Wars ⚔ Trinsic Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

[22:37] Hoagie: I think Raven would make a hot girl
[01:57] XxwarbringerxX: Raven would indeed make a hot chick.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 12:32:30 pm »

Does.....

*throws Hoagie in the air, catching him as he falls down before booting him through the window of the barracks before using a backwards teleport spell to pull him back out again and then sit on his face while in the process of consuming his horse with a knife and fork in order to fill his stomach and reform the fragments of the Gem of Immortality so he can mount the town of Cove on wheels and ride it over Stonekeep*

....count as a power emote...? Because I think it's pretty tame to be honest. Cheesy

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 02:54:12 pm »

Seems reasonable enough to me.

You are no longer a Lightening Dewlap.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 06:20:18 pm »

you can't kill Hoagie! I love him!

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 07:06:31 pm »

Stand in line!  Your not the only one from what I've been told!!!  You should see all the men and women in and out of the barracks at all hours! *takes tickets and controls the rope line*  Not to mention the Bears, sheeps, goats, and elfs! *notifes the tames in charge of their rope line*  Oh and the music!!  Can be heard all the way to the docks of Cove.  *puts in earplugs*  Oh well it pays the bills *pockets 10% of each ticket in to his pack*

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length