Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 12:44:11 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Watchman's Trial: Kas Valentine - COMPLETED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchman's Trial: Kas Valentine - COMPLETED  (Read 5094 times)
Gregor Eason
« on: May 21, 2005, 12:25:40 am »

Eason chuckled. And thought to himself...

"Well, that's the paperwork done. What of homeland security? *Laughs!* Why do something yeself when ye can get someone else to do it for ye! Ho ho! Ah, the pleasures of being in command."

Eason scribbles a note, and drops it in Watchman Valentine's pigeon hole.

Good day Watchman Valentine,
Here's your Trial. I want a patrol of every territory and province of Cove organised and led by yourself. This means patrolling Cove, the Baronship Household, the Covian Shire, Altmere, and the Northern Swamp. Also, a patrol along the Great Road wouldn't hurt!
Conclude these patrols with a full report (in THIS thread, and include paintings), and all patrols noted down properly and according to instruction in the Patrolling Log.

Commander Eason,
Cove Militia & Baronship Council
« Last Edit: December 17, 2005, 09:40:52 pm by Gregor Eason » Logged
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 11:23:04 am »

Guardsmen in attendance; Kas Valentine, Calico Kate, Kal Shadowhand, Moon, Tiberius, Valiro, Gregor Eason, Vlad.

Having received orders to secure the lands and borders of Cove I called some guardsmen to rally at the barracks. "Okay everyone, glorious Cove must be kept safe, and we're the folk to do it ! So fall in behind me and we'll see that the citizens are well protected". I led the march to Cove gates and then seperated the guardsmen into two's to cover the whole town. Valiro and Tiberius headed to the north, Kal and Moon to the gates and Calico and I patrolled the town center.

Just behind the healers Calico and I found a creature that looked a little like a cow, but well, a good deal more threatening. I swear it had eight legs, barbed horns and a look of anger on it's face but Calico insisted it wasn't any trouble. As we discussed what to do the animal wandered around a corner where we followed it to find it trying to bite one of the local healers ! We herded it out of town and then scared it off into the woods where it couldn't bite anyone that didn't deserve it.

Upon returning to Cove the other guardsmen reported no trouble in their allocated patrol areas so with a proud march we returned back to the barracks. I told them "well since yer all still here and looking grand we may as well extend this patrol to the lands of Altmere as well" and despite a few groans we picked up some more guardsmen (Gregor Eason, Vlad) and headed off.

I led the patrol through the forest east of Cove, and arrived at the road to the north via the graveyard (we purged it of undead, just in case). I lined up the guardsmen and made sure everyone knew what to do if we came across bandits, "spill their guts sir" was close enough.

I led the patrol up the road to the healers outpost by Compassion desert, we came across countless two headed beasts and even a few bandits, but their guts were spilled in the name of Cove's safety. We had a small problem when Calico was lured away by the pleasures of the cloth (a local shop was selling a very pretty dress, ehhh, so I understand) but I gave her some sharp words and we went on our way.

Once we were all at the Compassion desert outpost I lined up everyone and commended their protection of Cove.

"Now since yer all the healthy athletic type, yer won't mind a forced march back to the barracks eh eh!? Now MOVE ! Toot sweet, hup hup hup !"

The guardsmen all made it back in one piece, although we briefly lost guardsmen Moon for a short while even despite a search by noble Shadowhand, but she turned up alright in the end. I welcomed the guardsmen to take their share of the gold coins we'd managed to loot and dismissed them with a hearty salute.

Conclusion;
Town of Cove; Safe for this day.
Province of Altmere; Safe for this day.

*signed neatly in flamboyant writing*
Watchman Kas Valentine.

(Note; Apologies for any mistakes in those that attended, I lost some of my documents after I dismissed the guardsmen).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2005, 11:49:08 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 09:23:26 pm »

Good show, Kas!

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Gregor Eason
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 12:08:08 am »

Well executed, Valentine. Smart report, also.
But what of this beast? It does nay sound Britannian in origin....

Commander Eason,
Calico
Old Battle Axe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

"Tired but never weak."

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2005, 12:11:28 am »

*tacks a note up*

I've reasion to belive that it is some sort of beast from the islands.  There were quite a number of them grazin' in their natural habatat whne we's were huntin' dragon birdies this afternoon.

Cali

*Earned Merit in The Kaldorian Line Campaign*
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005, 09:33:01 pm »

*Walks into the Barracks and sits down looking through some paper work*

Ahh 'ear et es, I see 'e nay finished them Watchman Trials.

Well Kas ye need ta ge' ta work meh thinks.

Gregor Eason
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:17:39 pm »

Watchman Kas Valentine has nay been seen in a long time.
Damn shame.

Commander Eason,
Kal/Mathew
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 10:56:51 am »

(Walks by the boards and see the responce of the Commander)

Bu' Commander ye nay 'eard? Watchman: Kas Valentine 'as returned.

*Signed*
           Regular Scout: Kal ShadowHand

Gregor Eason
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2005, 12:20:37 am »

Eh eh? He has?!

Where?!

Commander Eason,
Gregor Eason
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 04:23:15 am »

Finish the job, Valentine!

Commander Eason,
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 08:26:14 am »

Will do sir ! By my reckoning the following provinces still need patrolling;

The Baronship Household.
The Covian Shire.
The Northern Swamp.
The Great Road.

I'll get on to it as soon as the other guardsmen are awake.

*signed in hard to read writing*
Watchman Kas Valentine.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 10:15:29 pm »

Patrol report of The Great Road

Led By: Watchman Kas Valentine.

Attended by: Regular Grenadier Vince Valentine, Grenadier Sergeant Erik Arkay, Junior Guardsman Hoagie, Guardsman Recruit Bearon, Guardsman Recruit Garak Nightchill.

I gathered the men at the barracks and despite a low number of guardsmen being available at the time we decided to make a start.

The Grenadiers arrive...

On our way through the forests Junior Guardsman Hoagie joined us and we headed directly for the beginning of the great road. Once we got there we discovered that those who enforce the local borders do so with the upmost vigilance. A massive construction had been erected, made entirely from barrels of water !

What in the hell...

Once we'd gotten over the strange sight I lined up the men and we prepared to set off. "Just a moment sir" said Hoagie "We've got a recruit heading over to join us". Not wanting to delve into the woods without a full quota of men I waited until Guardsman Recruit Bearon arrived and then began our patrol of the road.

The journey along the road was plagued by local brigands, but they were quickly despatched by Cove's finest. We would've saved the prisoners they'd taken (must've been folk out walking) but our recruit was somewhat overzealous in his sword swings and they were slain alongside the bandits.

We continued on our way and met a fellow bearing the insigmia "NDK", he claimed if we followed him to the old lands he could give us a damn good seeing to. Well, I didn't doubt the fellows claim since he was dressed from head to toe in the finest protective armours Britannia has to offer ! Splattered with magical enchantments they were too !

Anyway we dismissed the man for what he was, a complete fool, and made our way along the length of the great road. Upon completing the journey Regular Grenadier Vince Valentine requested dismissal and was granted it since the road was a good deal safer thanks to our patrol.

State of the Great Road: Safe for this day (complete fools aside).

Patrol report of the Northern Swamps

Led By: Watchman Kas Valentine.

Attended by: Grenadier Sergeant Erik Arkay, Junior Guardsman Hoagie, Guardsman Recruit Bearon, Guardsman Recruit Garak Nightchill.

Having toured the length of the Great Road I stopped with the men a moment and looked for a means of getting my bearings while they got their breath back.

Cove's most handsome man gets his bearings....

Leading the men south towards Britain we soon came across the entrance to the swamps, which we could smell sooner than we could see. I sent Guardsman Recruit Garak Nightchill ahead of the patrol to see what we could expect from the rancid bog. He soon returned and reported that it seemed quiet, only a few rats and snakes here and there. "Excellent" I thought "A nice peaceful patrol" and took my boots off so that they didn't stink to high heaven when we returned to Cove.

Kas gets a little concerned about swamp hygeine.....

Upon reaching the center of the swamp we soon discovered that the recruits scouting wasn't quite as accurate as we'd hoped. Almost at once we were set upon by slime beasts, mutant trees and all manner of repugnant swampish critters.

They were fought off quite swiftly with a minimal amount of cuts and bruises for the Guardsmen. At one point Hoagie's boots got sucked clean off by a spot of swamp mud and Grenadier Sergeant Erik Arkay had to take over the orders while I assisted him in pulling them out. We got them eventually and the Sergeant's orders took care of an attack by three mutant tree monsters with no trouble at all.

Not wanting to chance getting overrun by the denizens of the Northern Swamp a hasty retreat was called and I opened a portal to the barracks. Once through I lined the men up and collected the tidy sum of 250 gold coins for the Baronship coffers.

Watchman Valentine loses it in the presence of extreme wealth....

I dismissed the men with a hearty salute and took the coins upstairs for safe keeping. Yet again, another victory is secured for glorious Cove !

State of the Northern Swamps: Dangerous, travellers to be warned in advance.

*signed recklessly as though in a hurry*
Watchman Kas Valentine.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 10:39:42 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Gregor Eason
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2005, 02:04:34 am »

Almost there!!

Commander Eason,
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 09:28:40 pm »

Patrol report of the Covian Shire

Led by: Watchman Kas Valentine.

Attended by: Officer Cadet Drachir, Watchman Thomas Sendrich, Grenadier Sergeant Erik Arkay, Officer Cadet Kal Shadowhand, Guardsman Recruit Constantius.

I rang the barracks bell and gathered the available guardsmen for a patrol, a group soon arrived and as we headed into the woods we were joined by Officer Cadet Kal Shadowhand (he's always jumping out of the shadows behind me). We made our way through the forest enjoying the birdsong and pleasant weather, that is until we got to the local cemetary.

The guardsmen fight back a tide of Undead.

As ever the hideous place was swarming with dead of all descriptions and the guardsmen had to rally together in order to keep them at bay. During the ruckus the Officer Cadets got a little carried away and Mr Shadowhand was knocked to the floor by his counterpart Drachir. However he was quickly helped to his feet and the two settled their differences without trouble.

Having sent the undead back to their graves for the time being I lined the men up outside the graveyard and when ready we continued our journey through the shire.

Fine day for a patrol.

Our progress through the forest was undisturbed, unless you count the rabbits that hopped away as we approached and the log Sergeant Arkay almost tripped over. We arrived at the eastern ruins and gave it a damn good inspection. The Sergeant risked life and limb when he attempted to dislodge some of the brickwork, but luckily he got away unscathed.

I ordered a forced march to the barracks via the local road to the north and the men set off at once. Upon our return to the barracks the princely sum of 9,000 gold coins was donated to the Baronship coffers and the men dismissed with a sharp salute.

State of the Covian Shire: Safe for this day.

Patrol report of the Baronship Household

Led by: Watcman Kas Valentine.

Attended by: Junior Scout Cor'Ari Ta, Guardsman Recruit Fabien.

Given the countless threats that Cove has to deal with from day to day I thought it best that we make sure the Covian buildings themselves has not been invaded. I gathered the few men I could find and set to work on checking everything was secure.

A homeland security team is put together.

We entered the barracks and split up, Cor'Ari checked the cells while I took care of the upper floors.

The search is on.

Everything seemed to be in order aside from a peculiar smell that Cor'Ari reported from down by the cellars. I have no doubt this was a "gift" left by previous convicts who weren't satisfied with the quality of their Covian accomodation. Nevertheless we closed the doors to the barracks and made our way over to the tavern.

Valentine's nose can smell ale from a mile away.

We found Guardsman Recruit Fabien and Marie Le Blanc enjoying a beverage at the tavern and the former joined our patrol (just in case there really was trouble).

We found nothing wrong downstairs although Cor'Ari mentioned that only last night Senior Guardsman Grief Dryfh Gry had got a little rowdy and had to be detained. However Grief didn't seem to be in attendance this evening so we trudged upstairs and examined the gambling area. All was clear, aside from misplacing some dice which fell behind one of the counters (it wasn't my fault, the cup was broken!).

Leaving Guardsmen Recruit Marie Le Blanc to her drinks the three of us headed over to the local shops. Cor'Ari took the right hand buildings, Fabien and I the left.

This is a local shop for local people.

Once again I sounded the all clear, I was convinced I'd find at least four bandits in the cupboard upstairs but apparently my "danger sense" was mistaken. I gathered my patrol outside and led them to the college, the last building we needed to secure.

Calling all scoundrels, calling all scoundrels.

Despite a horrendous token to the Yewish in one of the ground floor rooms (some kind of crystal ball with a tiny town of Yew inside) no trace could be found of any kind of danger within the college walls. This was certainly a pity as my men would have sliced and diced them to within an inch of their lives !

Having secured the buildings of the Baronship once and for all I rallied the men outside, dismissed them and wished them a very good night.

State of the Baronship Household: Safe for this day.

*signed in very neat writing*
Watchman Kas Valentine.

Gregor Eason
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2005, 09:39:39 pm »

Excellent work, Watchman Valentine!
Finally, the day has come.

Commander Eason,
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length