Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 01:31:07 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A Notice To All Covian Soldiers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A Notice To All Covian Soldiers  (Read 3201 times)
Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2009, 10:34:58 am »

It has come to the attention of Army Command that an overwhelming majority of Cove's soldiers are unprepared for the task at hand; the neutralization of the Vesperian war machine. If Victory is to be assured, EVERY COVIAN SOLDIER MUST DO HIS, HER, OR ITS PART. Therefore, every Covian Soldier is reminded of the following things;

1. Equipment Regulations

Soldiers of the Grand Imperial Covian Army are expected at all times to have in their posession all of the items necessary for them to survive in the field, as well as to perform their numerous functions. It is essential to the smooth and successful operation of the Army that all soldiers' kits be both complete and in working order. It is Mandatory that all soldiers, including Arcanists, carry the following items with them at all times;

~ At least 300 clean bandages to prevent inconveniently timed death. Arcanists may choose to carry as few as 100, as they wont be using them themselves.
~ A non-magical source of light, such as a Torch or Lantern, for nocturnal obstacle avoidance.
~ A sharp hatchet or axe, for the felling of trees. Contrary to popular belief, the standard-issue Halberd Parade Arm is not an axe, it is a polearm, and is therefore not to be used for this purpose except as a last resort.
~ A saw or other carpentry tool, for the building of sentry posts.
~ A sewing kit, for medical and uniform care purposes.
~ A sturdy Knife, for self-defense and utility purposes.
~ A bedroll, for sleeping in. Doubles as a bodybag should you die.
~ A Covian Tan Kilt, for the purpose of identification and preventing public nudity.
~ A Covian Tan Sash, for identification and self-defense (strangling) purposes.
~ A Covian Tan Cap/Bandana, depending on Rank.
~ Sturdy leather boots, to facilitate marching and prevent crippling foot injury.
~ Appropriate Parade Arm, for ceremonial functions. Keep well shined for best results
~ Their weapon of choice, shield optional. For inflicting swift destruction upon the villainous enemies of Cove.
~ Armor suiting rank and preference (see Uniform Regulations for specifics), for preventing said villains from inflicting similar destruction upon you..

~ Skillet or other cooking tool, to prevent death by starvation.

2. Chain of Command

To clear up any confusion members of the Army might have, the ranks of the Covian Army are, from Lowest to Highest, as follows;

Guardsman Recruit
Watchman
Junior Guardsman
Regular Guardsman   =   Officer Cadet*
Senior Guardsman
Hardened Guardsman
Corporal
Sergeant
Captain
Commander

*Officer Cadets hold rank similar to Regular Guardsman. As a general rule, however, they are to be treated with the same respect as a full Officer.

It should also be noted that Squads have no official bearing on the Chain Of Command. An unsquadded Captain still holds authority over a Sergeant of the Grenadiers, and a Grenadier Sergeant authority over a Scout Corporal. Failure to show proper respect for and obey the orders of your superiors will result in disciplinary action being taken against you, as an insubordinate soldier puts all of his comrades at risk.

Failure to follow orders quickly and failure to show proper respect for one's superiors show a general lack of discipline on the offending Guardsman's part, and does little more than undermine the Army's ability to function and provide Cove with adequate protection from those who would cause it harm.

-------------------------------------

In order to promote discipline and preparedness amongst the troops, I will award a Report Point to any guardsman who can show me in person that they have a complete, well-conditioned kit and who provide visual evidence below.

*Signed*
Sergeant Torrak Keres,
1st Baron's Own Grenadiers
Grand Imperial Covian Army
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:56:41 pm by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:50:58 pm »

I write in regard to the equipment listed above, albeit without the intention of receiving the commendation. You see as a dedicated Arcanist I carry a lot of tools for my trade, both to assist my fellow Covian's and to be thoroughly prepared for battle. The bulk of these supplies are as follows;

• Fifteen greater heal potions.
  • Fifteen greater cure potions.
  • Fifteen total refreshment potions.
  • Five invisibility potions.
  • One hundred and eighty of each reagent pertaining to Magery (one thousand four hundred and forty altogether).
  • Fifteen orange petals.
  • Fifteen purple petals.
  • Ten enchanted apples.
  • Five writing pens.
  • Five mortar and pestles.
  • Twenty pieces of blank parchment.
  • One notebook and three blank.
  • Four uninscribed runestones.
  • A sextant.
  • A sealed pitcher of water.

Each of these items has it's uses. I list them only in relation to your own list since the addition of various items therein would render my backpack too heavy. I've done a few experiments with equipment and I'd find myself roughly fifty stones overburdened if I had to travel with what you see below (in dark ink);

~ At least 300 clean bandages to prevent inconveniently timed death.
~ A non-magical source of light, such as a Torch or Lantern, for nocturnal obstacle avoidance.
~ A sharp hatchet or axe, for the felling of trees. Contrary to popular belief, the standard-issue Halberd Parade Arm is not an axe, it is a polearm, and is therefore not to be used for this purpose except as a last resort.
~ A saw or other carpentry tool, for the building of sentry posts.
~ A sewing kit, for medical and uniform care purposes.
~ A sturdy Knife, for self-defense and utility purposes.
~ A bedroll, for sleeping in. Doubles as a bodybag should you die.
~ A Covian Tan Kilt, for the purpose of identification and preventing public nudity.
~ A Covian Tan Sash, for identification and self-defense (strangling) purposes.
~ A Covian Tan Cap/Bandana, depending on Rank.
~ Sturdy leather boots, to facilitate marching and prevent crippling foot injury.
~ A Halberd, for ceremonial functions. Keep well shined for best results.
~ Their weapon of choice, shield optional. For inflicting swift destruction upon the villainous enemies of Cove.
~ Armor suiting rank and preference (see Uniform Regulations for specifics), for preventing said villains from inflicting similar destruction upon you.

Is it acceptable to leave this items out, what should I do...?

Additionally are Arcanists carrying gnarled staves as parade arms now...? Or has that not been decided upon...?

My thanks.

Signed with delicate pencil strokes,
Senior Arcanist Kas Valentine.

Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 03:06:54 pm »

I Spud Goodsoup would like to take this opportunity to announce that the Forge and Loom, are selling a Guardsman Supply Kit.

These supply kits consist of:

300 x badages - 100 for arcanists
1 x Torch
1 x axe
1 x carpentry tool
1 x sewing kit
1 x sturdy Knife
1 x skillet
1 x bedroll
1 x book
1 x sextant
A selction of potions, Petals and fruit (if available)

The total cost per kit is 2,500g and is available while stocks last!

Signed,
Spud Goodsoup
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 03:29:24 pm by Faden » Logged

Linaeus
Cove Command
Covian Legend

Not the Commander.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:19:22 pm »

Updated to reflect;
- That 300 bandages is a little excessive for Arcanists to carry. Its now 100 for Arcanists.
- That certain squads have parade arms that are not halberds.
- Food needs to be cooked more often than not. Skillets are required.

As to the question of whether or not the use of gnarled staffs as parade arms by the 6th Arcane Company is official, I'll have to look into it.

- Sgt. Keres
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 04:57:44 pm by Linaeus » Logged

Torrak: As far as I'm concerned, though, EA is just unauthorized modding BoC.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 09:48:43 pm »

*Raiden eyes the notice and adds a further note*

Arcanists may carry less bandages but they must have at least 100.
Arcanist parade arms to my knowledge have yet to be finalised.
Guardsmen should follow Senior Arcanist Valentine's example and carry a sextant along with supplies of potions, petals and fruit.

ALSO...

The only time a guardsman should be out of uniform is inside the tavern, whilst attending off duty events or when excused duty by an officer due to injury.

Those found out of uniform whilst on duty or without sufficient supplies will be punished.

*signed*

Raiden, Commander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2010, 08:38:52 am »

*Placed is promenant locations so as for best disimination to troops*

The vast majority contained within this notice, though old, remains true. Should you find yourself so unwilling to comply than making oneslf unfit for service is advised either the removal of arm, leg, or eye is adequate. . though be forewarned, man a soldier has fought for this army with out the use of these limbs or sensory organs. Former Commander Shadwell, fought without his leg! And Senior Grenadier Delcrakdur Fought without his own arm! As for who fought without an eye. . .  I certainly can't remeber EVERY guardsman I ever knew! Now hup to it soldiers, before I buy the item you're looking for!

*Signed*

Marcus Kobra, Regular Guardsman and Field Medic.

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length