Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 12, 2024, 06:42:55 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  It's just a game!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: It's just a game!  (Read 3975 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2010, 10:14:41 pm »

Grd, BoC and -V- bash each others head these times very often. And of course, as the fate of Warlocks and Arcanists, you're bound to be knocked out first and fast when there are fights. As I heard, some people are angry OOC about this though, getting attacked without much of warnings. HELLO! It's war! Of course it's lame getting ganked and within' 2 seconds your screen turns black and white, but it's just a game! Every insult IC, every death IC, every little "give-me-time-to-prepare-you-darn-moron!" IC, stays IC! Do not take it personal, nor get angry OOC, because it just kills the fun of the game, especially RP.

So, for future reference... Cool down, sip a beer, smoke a cigarette, or do whatever brings you down, before you start complaining or fighting OOC.

PS: This is not just for BoC members, it's for all that are within' the RP community.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:22:32 pm by Ilyana » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:04:55 am »

Well said. I can get a little steamed if I get killed while lagging or something, so I find its best to step away from the keyboard for a few minutes. Alt-tab to some webcomics, and you'll be happy as Larry. Grin

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 02:28:34 pm »

Yea if someone gets angry over getting killed in pvp, learn how to not get angry, chill out, dont take it personal. Compare it to getting killed by pvm, technically theres little difference. Remember its all in the name of fun!
Faden
Life is a challenge
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

o[xxx]:::::;;;;;;>

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 03:18:16 pm »

Personally I don't care about getting killed. If its normal pvp your back up and fighting again pretty quick anyway.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:08:50 pm »

Preach it Ilyana !  Kiss

But wait.....

/cocks ear

Did I hear the W word....!? S'badass that is, totally badass.

/waves a little "Go Warlocks" flag

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2010, 04:28:59 am »

Aye i've played Esca for about 8 years now. Around 7 of those years i was in the Vesper Military and nearly every battle i was in i got killed first or didn't last over 2 minutes because people saw my hellcats as a threat lol, and the fact i am a mage too just makes me an even bigger target. I don't even have wrestling on Esca either so had no defence at all, was hit by any blow 95% of the time.

You get used to it after a while. After the first year it just didn't really bother me that much anymore. Was sort of embarrasing too when i was Captain of the militia and died first in nearly every battle lol.

Heres some tips for avoiding ganks or getting killed straight away if you don't know them already, that may help in some cases:
-Make sure you have some form of defence, wrestling for mages, train it as high as possible for your template. This is a must for survivability if dieing bothers you alot.
-Potions, cure and heal pots are important of course.
-Enchanted apples to get rid of mortal so you can heal through the damage.
-Teammates to cross heal and invis you, if i see someone in my party get mortal'd and are getting ganked then i invis them. Even if they move and cancel it, its still cancelled the peoples attack who is attacking them and they have to re target.

This is all basic knowledge really which you all probably know, but maybe you didn't know about this one item that i really came to love on Esca which helped me to stay alive very well in some battles. That is invis potions.
They take a few seconds once drunk to invis you, and if you move it cancels it or if someone hits you it may cancel it. But in some cases it really does work. Like before a battle sometimes if i was leading it, i would get the attack speech ready, drink the potion and then say Attack and i was invis'd after and just stayed there until the fight got underway a bit and i could get involved.

Anyway aye like everyone else said, chill out a bit and don't let it get to you Smiley. All us leaders get it really bad as well as we are big targets in the eyes of enemies, you just have to put up with it Smiley

/waves a little "Go Warlocks" flag

And good to hear your rooting for Vesper Kas! I always knew you loved us Tongue

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »

Awwwwww what, the mighty 'Flowne has warlocks now!?

Mother.....

You're going down Bearface !

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 07:39:10 pm »

Well our very old mage division used to be called Arcanists, but when we went to reform into divisions again Cove had Arcanists so we didn't want to have the same and went with Warlocks Smiley Which i prefered anyway

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 11:41:45 pm »

Personally I see Warlocks as pretty bad ass spellcaster (warlock class from D&D)

Arcanists and I see an elf and green nature like magic ( Spellweaving title in UO)

But I like both titles anyway.

But nobody, nobody is as cool as Escabear:

Escaflowne -V-
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 11:45:31 pm »

lol <3

Sergio
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 07:04:21 am »

That kid is so a ginger and reminds me of a kid I went to high school with the kid had a massive orange fro.
Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 01:30:39 pm »

Grd, BoC and -V- bash each others head these times very often. And of course, as the fate of Warlocks and Arcanists, you're bound to be knocked out first and fast when there are fights. As I heard, some people are angry OOC about this though, getting attacked without much of warnings. HELLO! It's war! Of course it's lame getting ganked and within' 2 seconds your screen turns black and white, but it's just a game! Every insult IC, every death IC, every little "give-me-time-to-prepare-you-darn-moron!" IC, stays IC! Do not take it personal, nor get angry OOC, because it just kills the fun of the game, especially RP.

So, for future reference... Cool down, sip a beer, smoke a cigarette, or do whatever brings you down, before you start complaining or fighting OOC.

PS: This is not just for BoC members, it's for all that are within' the RP community.

I've got to totally agree with you it used to be where I'd piss and moan like a little bck talking bitch nowadays I just don't care if you die you die tough shit it irritates me hearing about gm's and agm's bickering about tiny thing's who's fault it was tought shit its a game! hold each other's hands and dance its for fun... we don't play for abuse and stress! If your going to cry about loosing go play WoW or Runescape

Celuvian
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

I bring the Haap..

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 02:47:22 pm »

Can also bitch and moan abit IC (within reason ofcourse) and let it be with that, I see examples of that happening and thats just good imo.
Darwin
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 12:01:12 am »

If your going to cry about loosing go play WoW or Runescape

Sorry to hijack, but RUNESCAPE? People still play that? It's worse than UO!
Demarian Tel'var
Regular Guardsmen
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2010, 10:04:02 am »

Tbh I'd rather play Runescape than WoW or if I had my way neither they're both for squealing kids who maon about stuff or like Oh I've got to get some crystal Ninja tiger or some crap... honestly why play such a retarded game and Runscape... No comment

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length