Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:23:29 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  Guardsman Boards
| |-+  Guardsman Duties
| | |-+  Completed Guardsman Duties
| | | |-+  Recruit Duty ~ After those jewels!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Recruit Duty ~ After those jewels!  (Read 2099 times)
Jassi Cowin
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

I'm a pepper!

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2018, 03:08:30 pm »

*picks some rust off  his armor*

With the Covian army returning to her former glory there  is still much work to be done! Our craftsmen are anxious and want to polish our gear and weapons as they have become extremely rusty! To do that, they require gems apparently to make the polish needed. Why? Beats me, ah' don't ask the questions ah' just do what they request and they're requesting that we gather 'em gems!! Don't care how ye do it just gather it and write a report below..

-Gather 16 or more of the following each
-Rubies, Amethysts, Diamonds, Emeralds and Sapphires

-Gather how you see fit
- Would be easiest to gather some gold and buy from an jeweler NPC

-This task me be completed once per Recruit

*signed*

Jassi Cowin, Regular Guardsman

Sash Contains:
Ribbon of Activity
Order of Distinction

Mentoring:

Saerandir
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 06:05:43 pm »

Today I wished to practice my archery but also do something productive and seeing this task gave me the perfect way to do both. Tingles and I set off to New Haven were we found the miners outside the hills complaining about Earth Elementals being in the mines. Tingles said they would be perfect to find Gems on so we made our way inside to see how much we could gather from them.

The Earth Elementals amassed quickly and I could see why the Miners were so scared of them. As soon as we knocked one down another rose from the ground soon after. We often found ourselves fighting off three at a time.

We killed any of them but still only had half of the gems required so I took what gold we found and headed off to find a jeweller to buy the remanding gems. Once finished I placed them all in a pouch ready to be handed to a craftsman.

Led by Guardsman Recruit Saerandir

Attended by Guardsman Recruit Tingleith
Sheriam Palmer
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 04:50:27 pm »

As there were no undead around the town today I took the opportunity to collect some gems for the crafters. While there were no Covians around to help me I did run into an Initiate who was in New Haven on Church business. He did not need my assistance so I carried on to my destination.

Watchman Sally had kindly recommended the caves in the south of New Haven for this task, those earth elementals were known to be hiding plenty of the gems we need.

It took some time whilst on my own, and I even had to take a break, but eventually I had over half the gems needed. I took the gold I had gathered to a reasonable merchant to buy the other gems needed. By the end of the afternoon I had 16 of each type of gem and over 5,000 gold for the coffers!

Signed
Recruit Sheriam Palmer

Gary Gallo
Guest Of Cove

Senile Totally Not A Wizard.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 05:37:37 pm »

with the ayd of Saerandir The gard wachman, and personel frend, drinker ov many shots.
I got all the gems. However, i av not got all the saffyres but insted av free of them star shaped blue gems. If this is unexaptable pleese tell me. We went two the New Haven mynes and kil them big rock things.

I had preevysly fell into the myne when huntin for tings to kil arowned new Haven. So i fort where wud there be Jems? Well, in the mynes! Luckily enuff Saerandir was alredy there and gave me a gud frite when I arryved. But nay, he helped me the good elf. We were ambushed many a time. But after the third tyme around we had enuff gems for the amour polishin

I av a theery as to why new haven myne is infested with them things. But thats a tale fer the tavern.

- Gar The Brave!

Snargonfulj, Father Too Garshinkle The Honourable.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length