Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:10:20 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A memory lost....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: A memory lost....  (Read 20962 times)
Darwin
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2005, 07:10:00 pm »

[OOC] When's the next one?! [OOC]
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2005, 07:18:52 pm »

(OOC- Will be slightly delayed, gonna catch up on my watchman task, should be next one tommorow or on saturday.-OOC)

Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2005, 07:40:50 pm »

(OOC - Needs more blind praise of me  Cheesy)

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2005, 04:30:43 pm »

Tracking.... I have allways enjoyed the skill which is required to track down a beast, be it a animal or man. The finding of a broken twig, the footprints on a muddy trace, all is required to find your prey.

This night I was hunting man...

*Flicker, flicker, flicker....*

I could feel his fear, the smell a man gives out, animals can scent it... he knew he would die if he didn't stop.... He was a skilled shadow, a highwayman, one of the best, he ran after the mass burning in our village, thinking no one will catch him... oh he was so wrong...

*Flicker, flicker, flicker...*

*Watching the man lean against the tree, his chest heaving as he attempts to breath the air, Kiran steps out from the tree line, watching the man...*

"Hello, Desmond...."

*The mans fear was evident in the pupils of his eyes, the sweat of fear running in beads down his muddy forehead... He saw death....*

I remember his answer, his voice filled with fear, yet anger came through the voice, he thought he was in the right....

"Kiran, why do you persist... you can't kill all of us.... one of us soon will tell of your past..." Desmond said warily...

Panic, i felt pure fear as he said these words, no one had to know, no one must! My friend urged me on, he felt fear too, as he spoke to me, the voice in my head, he knew aswell, but he would never betray me.... Or would he...

"No one leaves the Highwaymen Desmond, you know this, if no one but me will do anything so be it, but I will hunt you down... every one of you!"

*Desmond drew his mace shield, watching Kiran warily he started circling him, Kiran drew his bow and quickly fired without aiming, as the arrow his the shield Kiran drew his hatchet and charged, sprinting towards his "prey". Kiran aimed swung his axe in a half arc, aiming it fiercely for Desmonds Shield, cleaving it in two, and nicking his chin, blood started to fall from the small scratch on Desmond's chin...*

"How does it feel knowing your about to die, Kiran?"

*Kiran started laughing....*

I knew the rules of war, a man would attempt to inspire fear into his enemy, by choosing his own fear to work against his opponent, Desmond feared death... I invite fear.... it would make it all stop.... the hunting, the lies... the people knowing... Yet, him being a better fighter, I knew I would win... he would never make the finishing move to kill me, I remember him licking his lips nervously as I laughed at him... it was time.

*Kiran charged, quickly slamming his axe down towards his opponents legs Desmond dodged aside elegantly, swinging his mace down aiming for Kirans head, Impact... blood forming in a clot, his eyesight suddenly blurred, Desmond knew victory, drawing his sabre. He sprinted towards his dazzed opponent. *

*Dropping to the ground, Kiran swung his legs sideways, dropping Desmond to the ground in a heap of weapon and body. Attempting to stand up they both again circled eachother, quickly thrusting his sabre against Kirans unprotected torso, Kiran evaded, but not quickly enough, a deep gash shone through Kirans shirts, blood oozing from the wound. Grunting with a effort Kiran threw himself at Desmond, feet first.*

He deserved death.... Yet, he was too strong.... after the fight I looked at him as he ran away from the battle scene.... I don't loose fights... he would die... but still, there was two people I already knew had to die... and they were already believing I wouldn't hurt them....

*A mad laughter can be heard in the forest, quickly dropping to a wail, which turned into tears, Kiran fell to the ground, blood flowing freely.....*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Muttering from the attack on the Vesperians, Kiran gatherd his axe, which had turned into a serpent in his hand, thankfully he knew too bring spare weapons in a fight against wytches, and so the wytch fell.*

"Fall back!!!"

Erik Arkays voice boomed out as the Vesperians came at us, being seperated from the fight, I looked to Hoagie, maybe I would die this day.... I deserve death... Don't I?

"You do Kiran.... we are destroyers... the girl you killed, what was her crime!?"

The voice echoed in my mind, I have learned now to ignore it... but the girl... I see her clearly... No one should feel such pain, the girl deserved death, didn't she... the voice told me to kill her!

*Quickly ducking, a fireball flew over Hoagies head, The vesperian wytch smiled, teeth showing as he prepared his second spell with his arcane powers. Quickly lashing out Hoagie took two great leaps and slammed the hilt of his sword into the nose of the vesperian, breaking bone and skull in one quick move*

"Not bad teddy!"

Kiran said smugly to Hoagie, a grin appearing.

"Stop calling me that Kiran...."
"S... sorry... hehe."
"Not going to cut his fingers are you Kiran?"
"W.. why would I do that?
"No reason... no reason..."

Watching him he seemed to have noticed nothing, but why would he mention me cutting fingers, I did it for a reason.... It was the only way to redeem my soul, m... maybe... just maybe, this could make me feel whole again. Probally not, if the Avatar knew of my sins, not even saving the world from demons would ever redeem me... I was a lost soul, a doomed soul.

Yet.... I deserve life.... I earned it.... Is the voice, the voice told me! Oh please lord, forgive me!!!

*A scream of anguish can be heard from the forest, sighing deeply Kiran followed Hoagie, yet Hoagie was watching Kiran....Allways watching....*

The girl, she spied on me, she saw what I was doing, her first mistake was screaming, her second was being caught.... my mistake was enjoying the whole thing... ...

Her face... is filled with blood... the slow beads forming, her blue dead eyes is allways watching me.. watching..... watching.....

Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2005, 04:37:11 pm »

*Shudders and walks off*

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2005, 08:18:04 pm »

[OOC]Good shitzors. I was like, in the fight, oh no not the super hero kiran fighting ppl with his toes or smoethin, then he went like BAM!!! and he got hit in his melon with a mace! Now thats some good shit right there. [/OCC]

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2005, 08:35:42 pm »

(OOC: Woop! Made me look like a pimp!)

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2005, 09:38:07 pm »

Waking.... My body bruised, my head aching from the impact, I remember recovering, the slow thumping inside my head, the faces above me looking down at me.... Attempting to speak. The endurance flee's from my body and I fall back into my delirium....

I remember many days waking and seeing the people gathering above me, fear shone in there eyes before I fell back into my delirium... Ten days passed I think. Desmond.... He escaped me, his mace fracturing my nose, my side still throbbed from the deep wound to my waist, looking down I saw a bandage strapped over my shoulder, and covering my waist. He would die, one day I would kill him, mym istake was warning him, he needed to die. A arrow in the back will be the only way....

Desmond, Skilled assasin, my student, a Highwayman of infamous proportions. Quick as a viper, stronger then most wrestlers, and skilled with any kind of weapon as if he was born with it. I used to go out with him on our jobs in the Highwaymen, to take down the people we were orderd, or paid to get rid off, sadly, this time we only needed to give these people a warning.

*Entering the Tavern through the windows, slowly climbing the first floor, Desmond and Kiran leaper gracefully into the dark sinister tavern, it was closed.
Voices, in the corner she sat, the target, the new member of the enemy thiefs guild.*

Most people would tell you there are no thief guilds in Yew, but many still linger in underground, tunnels linking buildings to eachother, years of operation and design by the thief masters had gone into this, making it a perfect network for thiefs and thugs to communicate. Yet, this new guild did not want any allies, so a example had to be made. Me and Desmond was chosen.

*Staying close to the wall they both slitherd across the room, drawing there blunt arrows, the target fell to the ground in a heap, clashing to the ground.... *

Mission accomplished.

*Flicker, flicker, flicker.....*

Looking around, I recall the painful light striking my eyes, blinding me ever so slightly, shying my eyes away I stood up painfully, my side throbbing.... I was in a jail.... this wagon was a cell! T... they were going to kill me! I only did it because of this! Oh forgive me.... I didn't know!

I recall breaking the door, it flew open as I kicked it, they had forgotten to lock it! Silly people, they deserved to die now! Gypsies... they were going to kill me, I remember seeing the children running around the horses, the few adults sitting around a fire, the woman cooking a meal for later. They saw me and fear enterd there eyes.... they smiled... but it was the smile of fear... Yes.. the smile of fear...

Waving to me in a threatning way they were, don't you remember friend? They were going to kill me!

*Grunting loudly Kiran drew his cleaver from the side of the wagon, smiling at the gypsies he charged. Unarmed and defenseless the woman fell down quickly, there stomachs cut open in a deadly arc, gutts spilling to the ground, blood fell to the snow coverd ground.... The men attempted to form a circle around Kiran, he cut them down, they attempted to block him so the children could run to safety, a village was nearby... Swinging his cleaver, Kiran cut down the first gypsie, his scream was cut short as he was beheaded. The rest of the men panicked, they ran leaving the children standing froozen in fear and terror.*

Looking back I remember watching the little girls body.... I had cut her hand off, she wasn't dead, she deserved to die, she had allowed the adults to imprison me! She survived for three days, her screams.... pain she deserved, she wished me dead...

I remember killing the children, why should they be allowed to survive if they would grow up to be like there parents and elders. I don't recall seeing any rope though or weapons at the camp, and thinking back.... don't gypsies believe that killing people is wrong......?

*A strange voice can be heard coming from Kirans mouth, the shriek of agony which followed as he watched the dead children and woman, it soon ended as he took his knife, even though he was wrong this time, there were fingers to harvest... *

The eyes of the children though used to haunt me... but now my hands are filled with the blood of the innocent.. and they are just another face to my list which damns me to the abyss..... and the girl.. she will be the top of my list of many...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Kiran was watching Roland from the ground, a arrow sticking out from his leg, Kiran could do nothing to help his friend. Roland, drawing his sword and small sabre faced the bandits, concentration showing clearly in his eyes,sweat trickling down his foreheads, the three thugs stood facing him*

"You are a arrogant child, the tall bandit said scournfully,
"Kill him, Tudrri" He exclaimed to the short bandit next to him

*Screaming a battle cry Tudri rushed forward, a surge of fighting fury swept through Roland. Tudri's Iron sword flashed at Rolands's chest. Stepping in to the charge the young Covian parried the lunge, then sent the sabre scything up and across.*

*Tudri stumbled on for several paces, blood bubbling from his severed jugular and drenching his shirt. Then he pitched forward to the grass, his body twitching.*

Kiran lay on the ground and saw as the two bandits advanced more warily now...
Roland waited motionless, watching them aproach. The tall man was graceful, and Roland seemed to guess he would be fast. The other man was more nervous, licking his lips and blinking rapidly.

*The two mean spread out, then the tall man leapt forward. Roland parried the thrust and trtied a riposte which missed. At that moment the second man rushed in, spinning in a deadly circle Roland's sword ans sabre cut accross the chest of the man leaving him to fall down screaming, his life blood draining slowly from his dying body*

"Time to die, thug...."

*Before Roland could charge the tall lean man, a arrow suddenly pireced the mans chest, forcing him to fall to his knee's, Kiran appeared next to Roland and mumbled, decapitating the man the two guards ran to catch up with the rest of the army*

Today, was a day where Cove would succed, the mass of numbers which showed even suprised me, yet as we approached the tavern, it was empty... Seems the Vesperians had heard of the army approach.

Shadwell orderd a quick march around the lands, then a return march back to the keep...

I feel at home in Cove, yet... my past haunts me, maybe... if I do something heroic... my memories will cease?

The girl.... allways there... allways watching...

*A insane laughter can be heard in the forest*

« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 09:44:30 pm by Kiran » Logged

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2005, 02:24:21 pm »

OOC: Wow! This is good man! Nice stroie, which makes us understand why ye are mad! Wink Keep up the good work! Grin

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2005, 02:21:15 pm »

(OOC- Since me back in the guild I can continue this oh ever never ending story, and tell you all what Kiran has been doing these past weeks ! Happy reading in the future folks.)

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2006, 01:31:56 am »

Fears enter my marrow, my soul is tormented.... death beckons me with his decayed claws, I should cease to exist, yet my body lingers in the coldness that is my corrupted soul.....

Light breaks through the curtains a sabre disemboweling a torso, the rays affect me, my dreams are realities.... ? Somethings is stirring behind the my eyes, a darkness which echoes through my being, death beckons all....

Returning.... the gypsies slaughtered as cattle, there bodies covering the plain grass which crunches beneath my foosteps, I bend down..... a hand, not bigger then a small boys seems to be reaching, reaching for something in the sky, looking up I see the dark matterd hair covering his scared forehead, the bruise near his eye covering his skin like paint, his eyes flickers....He gasps for air, his lungs are crushed, his left leg cut at the knee, he slowly bleeds to his eternal sleep, leaving him to the Avatars mercy was not the hardest part, hearing his screams as I cut off his fingers were....

Desmond.... name send vibes through my body, the name makes me queasy, bile gathers in my throat as the name clicks, a Highwayman, one of many....

Thinking I had killed them all, the Highwaymen, a bunch of knaves, murderess and rapists, thugs, scoundrels, drunkards, my kind of people.

Names, they fly through my memory as a cloud glides across the sky, or as blood trickles down the empty eyesocket of a slain foe, was this a day to die... ?

*Flicker, flicker, flicker....

People speak of death as a enemy, something to fear, a foe which follows your steps as you live life, as a low farmer or a noble lord....
Death is a friend, a companion through life, if family, friends, or even your loved ones leave you, know that death allways follows you, his sweet breath is what makes you live life, he reminds us we are more then just a gust of wind in life, we are capable of doing more, Death is a friend we should embrace, Death waits for me... I can see him, his eyesockets flicker weakly, the unholy blaze in his empty sockets does not make me tremble in fear, no, it reminds me.... I have the power to bring death....

Lost and left to die in the forest.... I remember this day clearly, wandering through the soft grass, my sandals slowly decaying as my body shrinks daily from my great hunger, my body is not regonicable as I watch myself in the water reflection, I see a man.... his chins hollow, his eyes sunken, his whole being screaming out agony as he slowly enters the afterlife.... Death is a friend....

*Grumbling loudly Kiran looked around*

"Aye, Sir, I will go get my equipment reparied"
"Good lad, now get out of my sight before I bludgeon yer face with my fist"

Just another day in the militia, returning was not easy, all my fellow guardsmen were suddenly my superiors, there nose lifted as they watched the wreck which was me, bloodied and bruised, I allways seem to land in fights....

Hoagie... Junior Guardsman.... Olchafa, also a Junior Guardsman, two of my close friends suddenly lifted to a status of respect, I never used to care for my fellow guardsmen.... but now from not caring I come to hate them to the depths of my soul, there proud faces as they cry out when charging a enemy, there glistering smiles when they win, pathetic....

*Watching Hoagie swing his "Harvester" the curved blade singing as it swung down, Olchafa grunted as he ducked and rolled, coming up on one knee he turned and brought his great cleaver down in a shimmering arc, aimed at the knee's of the guardsman, chuckling Hoagie brought down his shield, the axe struck into the shield, wood splintering as the impact vibrated the fortified shield.*

"Again!"

Tauntingly Hoagie called over Olchafa for him to try another attack, attempting to find focus Olchafa started a slow paced walk, which turned into a sprint....

*Sliding across the surface of the barracks ground, Olchafa quickly swung his axe in a left arc, attempting to bring Hoagie to his knee's, Hoagie stepped aside lightly, however the blunt end swan on Olchafa's axe as he slid pass, hitting the confused Guardsman on his kneecap bringing him tumbling to his knee's.*

The laughter followed as the two guardsmen went to rest after there training, I stood watching them as they walked past, not a word of hello.... was I just a number now ? No longer a friend, no longer a drinking partner ?....

*Flicker, flicker, flicker*

Was it all a dream.... my memories betray me like the friends through my life, yet one friend never left me, allways by my side he waits, his hollow smile, his beckoning hand allways tempting me to end my life.... He opens his mouth, the laughter which escapes his rotten mouth freezes my soul..... Yet, death is a friend who never leaves...

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 01:39:46 am »

[OOC: I missed these  Wink ]

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Anari/Gareck Hallows
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

A witty saying proves nothing. - Voltaire

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 11:36:48 am »

(OOC: this is immense! tried writing a book? id buy it *Nods furiously*)

Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 12:28:22 pm »

(OOC: Yay your back on the forums. Ahh the highwaymen! Happy days!
 More please!)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2006, 12:30:58 pm by Olchafa Serpernt » Logged

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2006, 02:26:10 pm »

I remember watching the strangers face.... his creased brows drawing attention to his bridged nose, his unruled smile flickering yellow teeth at me as his eyes spoke of dark intentions, his dark skin pale against the moon, he called me over with a hoarse wail, which I took for a greeting, I sat down next to him.

"Hrmph... eons since I sa' lad loike you around 'ere, whas yer name... ?

I remember not trusting this stranger, as his fake smile watched me curiously, his whole being attempting to get information, he wished me dead, his eyes betrayed him, watching me as he licked his cracked lips, his bleeding gums repulses me still to this day, he deserved death.... The shock as the blade struck his stomach was shown as his eyed widend, I turned and twisted the blade a froozen scream was on his lips, his life blood draining slowly....

Walking away I remember cutting his fingers off, why do I cut peoples fingers off ? I might claim it is a blood price I pay for walking on earth, some sort of religious babble ? hell, some people even claim I am insane, un-balanced. I just do it because I enjoy the bone crunching sound as fingers snap, the texture of fingers, the abnomality of fingertips, I just enjoyed the practise of chopping them off, hardly insane.

Walking through the forest, my body finally nourished by the meat the dead stranger 'left' I could finally see some light escaping through the thickness of the woods, a campfire was in the distance, the smoke flying into the sky as shadows dancing on water, finally I was free to go home....

Coming out into the clearing, I saw the three guardsmen, Yewians... Had I walked so long, my sense of direction were lost, shock quickly got substituted by fear as I saw them pull out there bludgeons and clubs, noticing the ragged figure which was me, some bounty was set up I recall for my head during this time...

"Eh' fella's, there be extra rations tonight, thats one of them Highwaymen barstards !"
"Lets ge' him Sir !"

*Drawing nearer, the two trainee's approached the big frame of the Highwayman, he drew a small knife holding it in reverse, standing paced apart ready to pounce,*

At the age of 17 Sebastian had no experince in the art of war, specially with skilled assasins or known killers, he only joined the militia because he needed the coins, his father had been a tailor, working with his mum to provide cloths and fabrics to the surrounding farms, his brother was also a trainee in the militia, he did not know this would be his end.

*Sebastian drew his mace and quickly leaped in to knock the man over the head, attempting to make him pass out, grabbing his wrist Kiran looked at the boy shaking his head as he drew back his dagger, the eyes of the youth went wide as his bowls released in fear, the dagger struck home into his throat, blood spurting from the mortal wound.....*

As he was lying in the grass, his vision slowly blurred, the pain in his throat forgotten he looked up into the clouds, there should have been more to his life, yet on this cold night, Sebastian closed his eyes and screamed as the pain came back, death quickly followed...

*Grunting in annoyance the guardsman watched as the trainee had his throat cut out, the armour would never be repaired after that stab, gold was wasted on these trainee's. Calling over the second trainee they approached the strange man, standing with bloodied knife in hand he watched them curiously, licking his lips in concentration.*

*Moving in to strike the second trainee stood and watched as his superior attacked the man, swinging his mace down, Kiran quickly stepped aside to dodge the critical blow, watching as the mace swang downwards, quickly lunging with his right hand, the Highwayman attempted to stab the guardsman in the eye, grunting in annoyance, the guardsman deflected the weak blow with his wristguard catching the dagger, quickly hitting Kiran over the head with his mace, blood spurted from his crunched nose, the trainee watched with amazement as the highwayman hit the ground with a thud...*

Attempting to keep his vision clear, I looked up to see the guardsmen beating me bloody with clubs, the pain in my face, chest, stomach was beyond imagining, unconciousness took over me slowly as the pain dulled my senses, dragged away slowly by the guardsmen I soon succumbed to my pains....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Wrenching free the bolt from the unborns corpse, Kiran looked around to see the emerging undead horde slain, with a bloodied arm coverd in a sling he saw the recruits spilling o nthe ground, crying and moaning in pain, the blood oozing from there batterd bodies as there young faces showed terror, they knew death approached.*

"All roit there Kiran ?"

Olchafa grumbled as he cleaned his cleaver on a nearby unborns robe, the blood from the robe mingling with the blood on the blade, leaving it non the cleaner then before.

The undead had seemed persistent the past weeks to overun Cove, luckily non of there reapers had appeared in the dark of the night, and even more lucky was the effectivness of the scouts as they alarmed the citadel to the dangers in the night. Most likely hopefuls of the Guardian wishing to show there devoutness by taking over the town of Cove, all they got that night was a swift death and a return ticket to the abyss.

"Eh what ye doing bleeding hell !?"

The one handed elf Delcarakdur asked me with suspicion thick on his lips, his eyes watching me at my handy work, the sheer bliss of cutting off the unborns fingers blurred my senses, making me seem not to hear the elf. Grunting and shaking his head the elf walked away uttering words which I will allways remember.

"That one is bloody insane..."

Am I insane, this question haunts me during day, the nights do not let me forget this question now, he perhaps knows of everything, how my dreams haunts me, how my past betrays me, how my fears would make me able to kill, he seemed to know to much, allways watching me with his squinting eyes, his smiles never far from his treacherous lips....

« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 02:42:51 pm by Kiran » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length