Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:58:29 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A memory lost....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: A memory lost....  (Read 20972 times)
Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 03:22:33 pm »

[OOC: You write damn good man! and remember, I'm always up for some good RP! If you want to do something with Delc involved into it...Just give me a shout over ICQ.  Wink]

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 07:57:12 pm »

OOC(Well was planning to add a story where I was Delc's Pimp, but thats for later issues ! )OOC

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 01:06:42 am »

Breathe, claw, breathe...

What was up or down, panic gripped me, panic soon leading to terror as my lungs were near bursting... my vision dimning..

Breathr, claw, breathe...

No light, eternal darknes shrouding my senses, I kept clawing with my arms, pushing myself forward, I saw the air bubbles rising to my left, surface!

Breathe, claw, breathe...

Light, the ray pulsating through the mud covered banks of the Vesperian river as my head emerges from the depths, breath, breath... algies covering my body as I laid on the beachhead, breathing in the life giving essences...

*Flicker, flicker, flicker...*

Firebombs... the decks hull covered in a blaze of fire, the drunk yet able Captain Tom Black Vance steering the oars with a pirates deftness, avoiding the hail of arrows the murderes in red were sending down on our hull with deadly intent. The deck was covered in the fine goods from Trinsic, weapons, tents, wood and shelter for the homeless of Vesper during my war... or so the Trinsicians thought.

We stood on the banks, me and Tom, I see it clearly, him already drunk on fear and old flasks of brandy, his breath sour as his curses grew to mere murmurs underneath his thin breath, the stench of it recoiling me back to my senses as they approached with the goods, the Duchy approaching somberly.

I recall looking up at the withering gails, the storm brewing intently for it's corrupt climax as lightning blasted down with the soft echo of drums.. they had been waiting for us... guardsmen... Yew.

Screams... Tom smashed the hull against the Yewian war galley, there shouts diminished by the roaring thunder overhead, some of them went overboard... piercing screams in night as there armour pulled them down to the depths to never be seen again... oh god I laughed... there small pupils as they knew there inevitable fate, one of them clinging onto a man without armour, the deathgrip as he pulled his companion down to the depths along side himself.

Pulling his cutlass from his scabbard Tom drunkidly charged, quickly parrying a wild thrust with his bracers, he shoved the red clad guardsmen overboard sidestepping quickly to avoid a murderous arc of a large guardsman's axe, sending the guardsman stumbling into the deadly riposte of Tom's blade, his jugular smashed as blood pulsed out onto the floor...

I recall watching it as I fired bolt after bolt into the masses of guardsman, but suddenly, hell came to live... Lyim drew his potions and said soft incantations which made the hair on my neck stand rigid, suddenly he threw the potion high into the air, the aftermath was oblivion... the screams of the men on the ship filled the night air, mingling with the smell of the burning dead or still alive it made for a excellent image to behold.. it was beautiful..

The sandbanks gently clutched me into a soft embrace as I laid there, soaked to the skin...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rebecca... then Kiran...

Rebbeca... then Kiran...

It was mine...!

How could that wench have written the letter with that girls name infront of mine, my own name just a afterthought in her sick scheme to overthrow what is rightly mine?

The Swaggers was mine!

Rebecca could never see the letter... I won't let her,

"Burn the letter, yesssh, as you will burn her, Kiran..."

It was the voice... no... the door opened, the flames which had smoldered the letter soon gave out as he stepped through the door, my prayers had been heard, I knew they had... but not by the one I had hoped...

Withdrawing it's hood, the flames gave out softly as a breeze was send through the small room... Craggious it called itself.. I remember... it's eyes burning with the un-righteous fire of the Guardian, it's steps malign, the smell of him was like brimstone and corruption, his presence meant - Death..

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 01:08:54 am »

Darkness shrouding me like a nightmare, tenticles creeping up and obscuring my already lacking vision...

A cave... voices...

The soft scraping of metal on stone as the voices get louder, my imobile exterior restricted by straps, the smell putrid as my senses start to react again, my vision impaired by the blindfold... they were laughing softly, the echo of the claustraphoic cave walls amplifying the malice, it was evident in each rough and delicate tone of voice of my capturers..

They had never done this before I felt, as they removed my bond my eyes were blinded by the dancing flames of the surrounding torches. The cave was damp, it's acidic walls filled with the green decay of moss, scanning I felt something not felt in years... Fear.

My eye...

The piercing pain as the heated tongues pierced my socket, scraping, destroying, burning...

They were as suprised as me as I started laughing after my lapse into unconciousness, they were more frightened of what they done... t.. they took my eye.. yet they were scared of it more then me.. I remember there faces, the soft delicateness of Vie... the rough exterior or Dirk, and the suprised yet satisfied smirk of Lyim... my partner during the war...

I passed out...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Waking hurts, my arthritis stinging my hands as they creak with every movement of the joints, my dream evaporating as feel my cold sweat covering my chest, a dream... I had both my eyes then... but not anymore...

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 01:11:42 am »

Missed, just a cripple fit for the vultures.

The next bolt thudded thickly against the wood next to the target, penetrating the wood with a sharp thwang, annoyance and anger fuming me as I loaded the next bolt into the socket with a hissing click od despair.

Click, thwang!

Another shot, the bolt smashing a window, the implosion of the shot virbating as the splinters of the glass broke into thousands of deadly shards.

Throwing down the crossbow in anger, I stormed away from my coherent yet pitiful excistance

They hadn't just taken my eye, leaving a decayed rotten eyesocket, no, they had taken my life..

Crippled, useless, a corpse... days spend in a sick bed under the constant care of people, there eyes full of sympathy, self loating becoming a constant companion of mine, I was meant for more then this...

Days passed, not anymore even ashamed of laying in my own filth as my bowels kept emptying itself, the stench sending me to delirium. I could see them as they came inside, the barmaids.. there noses cast down, a slight crease on there young un-tarnished foreheads as their frown signified my being, what it was I had become, a monster...

My sanity, I had become what they all thought I was, my soul content with excisting within this shell of my former self, my current condition leaving me unable to even fend for myself. Eating became a chore, sitting a dream of a future I did not believe in, and revenge... a hope inside my twisted nether that burned my mind like hot coals scorching the flesh...

I wanted them all dead, to suffer, this anger fuelled me.... I recovered.. My body, not as young as it has been , showed the marks of my previous nights of torment, it was visible in my every agonising stride. I recall looking at myself in the glass, my cheeks hollow, eyes.. no.. eye filled with.. nothing, emptyness, empty as myself, my other side burned and corodded,I sat there imagining the eye was still there, I sat there for hours... watching... watching, my breathing sharp, painful... my image moved, yet I did not... the smile wrenched out of me through gritted teeth not of my own doing, he whispered to me, enticingly, seductively, full of confidence with every soft sylable...

"Sweetness, we have people to... dispose of...!"

He never left.. never... my mouth opening and closing in a attempt to speak, I watched the mirror while I uttered no words, the conversation occuring within me, struggling.. fighting, clawing, I ripped at my face, the blood soaking my cragged and dirty fingernails, clawing, ripping, shredding.... he kept laughing within me, my skull echoing with his shrill laughter... he knew... he always knew..

He cooed me, soothingly embracing me as I could not reject his attempt to make me succumb to his will, he is me... I am a monster.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panting, groaning as I wake, my arthritis stronger from the cold weather of the night previously, the not so recent torture of my Vesperian capturers still aching with a dull pain as I stand to view myself in the looking glass.. He fled my body as they cut my fignertips, he screamed in fury and utter bewilderment as they struck my unprotected body with mailed gauntlets, he disapeared when I was finally knocked out with a metal shield to my face, splinting my teeth, a divine intervention as I blissfully sank into unconciousness....

I sold them all out, every single of of them as the pain increased, how did they find out...

Arthrious had run away to become an' outlaw, Ned barely escaping with his life instact it seems, speaking his way out of it, and the last one, the mage, I hadn't seen since.

We were so careful...

Water woke me, my body splintered by the new barmaid, Freya, I don't recall ever leaving the place... She only saved my life due to fear... all the barmaids want me to pass on so they can run the Swaggers by themselfs, they don't say it, but is clear in their eyes as they watch me, smilng secretly to one another, they are planning to dispose of me.

I must work quietly, if one finds out what I am planning to do, they will warn the others, with the shipments of ale coming in by Kaldor they shall see what happens...

"Won't they just, Kiran..."

He is there, watching, always... watching... waiting..

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 01:12:41 am »

Slam!

The door shook hard, the bronze gate slashing against the hinges of the doorframe.

Slam!

Wide open, his haggard breath filling my lungs as I drew my mace, his tusks profoundly rotting to the core, food remains visible between the larger fangs... it approached.
Larger then any mortal man, the green skinned orcish brute howled it's fury as it broke the gate to splinters with it's two handed cleaver, it's eyes full of a inteligent rage, it's nostrils flarring with each heave of it's massive chest... it came closer.

Drawing a bolt, a soft twang is heard, the bolt impaling itself on the orcish chest, the beast howled and charged...

Another bolt stood out in the beasts chest, it's charge not faltering, drawing his mace Kiran leapt to the side, avoiding the murderous arc of the orcish brutes cleaver, Thud! Wood chippings filling the room as it strikes the bar hard, rolling to his feet Kiran dashed at the beast, swinging his mace overhandedly as the cleaver remains stuck in the wood, lifting his arms the orc struck out, the impact blinding, blood oozed out from Kiran's broken nose, his vision nulified. The beast lifted Kiran...

Flicker, flicker, flicker...

Watching him I remember one voice entering my soul, one of despair, it's cold claws gnawing at me as I was raised, immobilised by the orc's brute force.. What always made me wonder this day was the coldness of thought, and also it's counterpart, the fierce burning intense fire as it's hooked knife entered my side, breaking my skin, ripping into muscle, blood oozing... killing me...

This was not a memory...I remember it as I wake... my side burning, my cries unheard..

I am dying.

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 01:18:49 am »

Banished... her words were final, the distant shouting of my own men and Anna's shouting abuse nullified as she ruined me... her eyes glinting with the untold exstacy which follows as she hurts my being....
her words were soft, a mere whisper in the breeze of raised voices surrounding us...

I remember you speaking to me... daughter... I now know who you are, voice inside my head... I twisted that innocent neck myself.. when I close my eyes.. I see you.. watching.. as always... my beautiful Jasmine..

"No time to daddle.. "Daddy"

Her voice was mocking, I think I knew years ago it was her, as I laid in the ruins of Abbeywood... she is part of my past, one which lingers foremost in my thoughts...

*Flicker, flicker,flicker...*

Many questioned in the following hours why I did not outright stay within the Swaggers, even you, daughter, questioned it... your sweet voice brutal yet honest, the sarcasm dripping like honey...

"I love you.. daddy"

The mad laughter followed, her insanity breaching my own incoherent thoughts, she was a beautiful thing when alive, now a mad incomprehensible voice inside my depraved mind...

Many in Vesper knew of the assumed killing, my mind already revealing my planned death of Anna-Maria, the mercenaries failing there task brutally... I was now a militiaman, Partisan, but you and me knew what was going on, daughter, we had a plan... we could be patient... we could wait..

"Patience... daddy... patience.."

As wicked as my own being, she I think is what made me do so many terrible things, a parent can't refuse his daughter anything... not even the blissful death... always a part of me..

Days went by my sweetness, my little darling, Vesperians muttering of the Swaggers soon destruction and overthrow.. First the ex champion.. the liberators, and now the completely mad Baron of Vesper...
And I would know of madness my darling... oh I would.

Days it took before Anna cracked, defying the Baron and his overthrow, I was one of them who got to chain her and lock her up in West Vesper, the Barons old domain.. we took her there my love...  chained up, ready for the slaughter..
The mushrooms greeted us at the old house... The ex owner of Swaggers eyes wide in fear.. all the way there the Liberators had spoken of the fall of the Swaggers, taunting Anna, believing me one of them... poor fools..

"They never knew daddy... they never knew!"

A short laugh... Draxen watching me wearily.. I must be careful.. shh darling.. shh..

His madness was evident, my worst fears were true, all my plans had led up to finding out our newly "elected" barons madness and plans... he wanted to rule Vesper with a iron fist my darling... my beauty..

"No daddy... you are just mad.."

Her voice wasn't mocking... serious it felt... her giggle following it send shivers down my spine, looking up I saw him stroking the mushroom, the madness in my own eyes reflected in his.. always having preached against torture, this madman was totally ignorant of what his men was doing, this was my thought my darling, but he was the puppeteer... and the militia was the puppets.. and so was I..

"Puppets daddy, remember you bought me a puppet when I was still alive...?"

Don't mock me... they made her stay, listening to his threats.. they locked her in... alive... with the mushrooms.

Having Draxens axe, all I needed to do was wait till my comrades fell asleep my love..

"He gave you his axe... do remember to give it back to him, planted in his chest.."

You twisted little angel.. daddy will always love you.

We looked at eachother darling, her tears streaming as she sat there frightend out of her wits, exstacy passed through my like a aphrodisiac, her tremblings as I lifed my axe over her defensless body, her cries hoarse as I lowerd the axe swiftly in a murderous arc...

to land softly right infront of her..

Her bewilderment was understandable, she has thought I wanted to kill her for years... poor girl... we had little time, patrols had heard our commotion as I smashed the door in darling, I had to run..

Planned she asked me darling, I suppose in some recess of my mind I had planned this... perhaps not as smoothly as it had went, already within a week the inner circles of the militia revealing themselfs to me.. insanity, the trust they showed us love.. insanity... as there Baron..

Emerging into the Swaggers was going to be problematic, especially when he sat there, Escaflowne.. and Ned... I had to act, Ned knew.. he reacted faster

How could I explain everything to them, daughter..

"Explain it to me.. daddy.."

Yes.. your right, you see, I have been infiltrating Vesper due to the incident where the militiamen drew back because we did now show them respect enough, the fights which broke out drew a deep rift between me and my Vesperian informers..

"But why did you leave for.. Vesper?"

Her voice was puzzled, I chuckled softly as I explained to her it was all to find out what was really going on in Vesper, my brutal dismisal and the unbeknown reasons left many people in doubt, the Baron himself offering me a job as advisor, when Ned came to give me the Partisan job, my spirit lifted.. I was in..

"Oh.."

"Still puzzled love? well you see.. they now started telling me about the unfairness of Swaggers, instantly forgetting my old allegiance to the tavern, instilling me with all the plans.. in the end I knew what I must do... save Anna and use her for my plans in the end.. she is key to the downfal of the tyrany residing in Vesper.."

"I still don't understand.."

We will destroy Vesper my love, for what they done to us, and what they are planning to do to MY Swaggers!...

*The shrill echo of madness dwindle... the insanity of laughter heard of Jasmin and Kiran.. softly disapearing..*

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 01:20:00 am »

"A.. a.. another slize daddy?"

She carefully placed the slize onto the plate...

"No more... stuffed to beyond imagination dear..."

Her childish giggle send shivers down my spine, the voice I had imagined for so many years, lonesome corrupted years. I was able to see her as she should have been, little Jasmine... beautiful innocent baby, why did I kill you...?

"Something the matter, daddy?"

Her voice was sparkled with ammusement, a reasonating feeling of deja vu twang up my spine, corroding me, I had felt this before.... a thousand times now...

"Daddy... don't... no... don't leave me..."

Her voice broke, the snarling confused me, the forest we just sat in turned into the Abyss which had welcomed me... smell of the sulphur evaporating any sense of being, my nostrils flaring with the indescribable pytrid aroma clinging to the place, my gaze returned to her swiftly as she was not my little girl anymore, she was the demon which resided within my cranium, the figment of imagination within me, the voice which made me want to kill... I started to scream...

"Another slize Daddy...?"

Her voice was deeper, her smile always filled with admiration, I accepted gratefully, the forest was as pure and clean as nature intended, her smile soft and knowing, my baby girl knew me so well..

"You know I can't eat another slize Jasmie, I am stuffed, parh.."

Something was wrong... Pain.... starting at my leg and creeping agonisingly up my gut to my chest, flaring, spreading... the canon!! No... my own death...

"D.. daddy... w.. whats wrong? - y.. you're scarying me!"

The pain... I was in hell....!

"D... don't leave me daddy...!"

Her voice was pitiful... it changed...

"You can't leave though, can you Kiran... they killed you, remember...?"

Her voice became the deep wrath of the abyss, breaking me, shattering me with every word... it was all true...

"Miss Boon... Rebecca... All of them... wanting you dead... "

She knew me so well, my little girl..

I remembered it clearly... the canon hitting me, my mere existance shattered, my soul fleeing my fleshly carcass to the firey abyss...

SLAM!!

The world turned, Jasmine, the slize... screaming.. turning, make the pain stop... please...!

"Wake up Kiran...."

The voice... the searing pain... wher... where am I? Looking around the dark basement offered no clue, my wrists and ankles tied to the bedlike substance I was laying on, some sort of labratory? My remaining eye did not satisfy in the dimness, a figure stood over me, clothed in white, blood sprayed all over his gruesome uniform, some of it still trickling down, I look to his hand, a book? His other held something... something of mine... my... eye..?

"Welcome back Kiran... your alive.."

I do not remember if I screamed or cried.... all that is clear is the voice in my head, whispering, softly..

"And I am alive too.... daddy.."

I fainted..

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2009, 02:33:14 pm »

Years, maybe months, spend in a festering hole with nothing than the scurrying rats for company.. her voice, finally ceasing to torment my broken mind, it's soft cooing and exhilerant taunting corroding what was left of my humanity. I could return to Vesper finally to start agan.. maybe get revenge on the ones who done this to me, my body stripped bare, more a corpse then a man... but I must bid my time as always Kiran, oh yes...

My welcome was as welcoming as expected, the cries of zombie and undead were thick in my skull, I had to lie my beautiful to work once more as a human being within the hole know as the Swaggers inn...

It only took one more day for Damien to stab me...

I knew I went to far somewhere along the line, but my beautiful, you were always there to goad me on, tell what I was doing was... right. Silence... only silence follows each of my statements now, what was once the voice of insanity which left me no shred of decency is the voice I miss the most. My beautiful little girl, my Jasmine... People are starting to know my beautiful, people are telling them of what happened to you...

It happened again... I don't remember the agonising walk from Vesper to Cove as I was exciled, nor the beating recieved whilst my life blood was spilling from my stomach. I don't remember any of it... Hoagie... I remember him... Rebecca was with me, carrying my frail corpse like figure across the war torn border, Hoagie said I had a place here, I looked into his eyes, he recalled the men murdered in my old causes, the threats upon his family by my men, even the attempts of destroying Cove to the ground with my supposed ambitions... Yet he took me in... His eyes were watching me I suspect for any lingering suspicion of insanity, if only he knew what had happened all those many months in that hole, if only he knew...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What in the abyss's name do you mean she lost a fricking eye!?"

The large informant stood, lips moistening his lips as he relayed a report to Kiran, betraying nothing of his nervousness as the would be assassins stood in the corners, softly sharpening the blades of the trade, all good men, Kiran, remember this, all like Jierdan, able to turn on you... I see Sabal in the corner, watching me for any weaknesses or sign of senility, will I end up like my own master  one day, dead to the hand of one of his trusted surbodinates? I don't want to die...

The constant battle had raged unrelentingly, the toll of injuries and robberies rising to a toll unheard of in tavern history, guardsmen shredded to pieces like citizens alike in the maelstorm of nails and obliterated flesh, all to die for mine and Jierdan's greed. Don't worry Jasmine, the people are immaterial to me, however wounded pride... he must pay.
The silence which answered me was all I required, Jasmine was not there, probably would never be again... Alone left with my own morbid thoughts of death and destruction. Laying awake with sweat drenched sheets as I dream of her voice, thinking it real once more... my little angel, my demon of destruction... my... Jasmine.

The informant had turned eerily silent as the questioning continued, the minute long silence of his superior left him in a slight worry, and the continious stare of the assassins helped little to ease the sweat running down his neck to his back in a steady stream of discomfort..

"Good work, my boy, take your gold... I must speak to my other men, do remember to close the door behind you, mrmm?"

Licking my lips I watched him go, useful tools all those men and women based around Sosaria, but not something to build a power base upon, no.. you needed men like Sabal for it... Cold hearted killers without moments of regrets. Just like I used to be, just like me...

"Like we used to be you mean, daddy..."

Just my imagination, she had been gone for months... still... this was not the first time I had imagined her voice softly echoing into my ear and soul... just the imaginations of a old dying man.

"Sabal, you have your task to do, take along the men to perform this next task, the Baronship of Cove will hardly be pleased..."

Nodding with his usual smile the assassin whom had worked for Kiran for countless years set off once more. The arrangement of tools, the casual non-challant stride only helped to amplify his deadliness.

"I should know, wasn't many years back when I worked side by side with him..."

The old man said these last sentiments to himself, the nights long arm casting a shadow over the small office of the Green Goblin...

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2009, 03:44:28 pm »

The first blow send the front teeth flying, a bloody spray of crimson exploding inwards and out from the old mans mouth, a cry of pahtetic submission heard as the next blow send the old man reeling to the floor, the shield of the black clad warrior connecting with such brutal force to completely throw the old man to the ground in a heap of fear and the stink of urine, the metalic voice of the men left little to what would happen next if the old man didn't co-operate..

My memories are catching up with me, the wandering from Vesper to Cove, the continuing struggle to remain a unknown within the busy city of Cove... But this was not to be so, oh no Jasmine, my past never leaves me, was it because of what happened to you my darling? Or was it more...
Only silence answers me now, even my sweet girl has hidden her thoughts and words from me, her very essence gone from my head, blissful silence... I had to try and protect myself, but how would I be able to do so, so many enemies, so many people suspicious of every move... The Captain, the Commander... they both remembered a deal I put across to them myself.. They have less then any reason to wish to deal with me. But my darling, oppurtunities arise...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hundred and eight... hundred and twenty eight.. A soft knock on the door, a man quickly following one after the other into the room, saying but nothing, seating themselfs in there different masks and identities. My brothers... my... family. I regonised faces which have worked for me for years, some of the deeds they done hidden but from myself... the killing of a bishop, the assasination of a Captain... the splendid slaughter of children. Faithful family members, all of them... but not all of them are oh no..

"Had to see two of them go, didn't we daddy...?"

Ah the voice... so sweet, like a angels harp strumming a soft melody in a stream of coherent words, bliss... But the voice was right, now all that can be hoped for is they do not talk...  Or else the older brothers would have a busy week coming up...

So much for loyalty...

The soft voices, muffled by hoods, pieces of leather and helmets continued through the evening, what they spoke of was only known to them, and the traitors...

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2010, 04:12:23 pm »

They were all tied up, the calming smell of the dense flour casting a poor reflection for what was to come, the terror lurking behind the unfortunant victims of the night, tied to chairs, fathers watching their children, eyes wide, muscles straining to free themselves, their wifes beaten and cut, the soft titter of a giggle heard whilst each cut was inflicted, he would never go too far, not this one... each cut was as if he was completing a master piece, his lips curled up in a demonic snare, his eyes brimming with excitement and most disturbingly, arousal at the task infront of him, his collection of knifes growing blunter with each fatality. The helpless victims could do nothing to resists, the pleading of the mothers as their loved ones were cut to shreds, the complete desolation and knowing of being unable to resist was evident on the men, again though, the children, they didnt scream at the first cut, it seemed they were unable to comprehend the situation as the small man said soothing words in their ears whilst his tools worked absently... Fain, he was my project.... he was the best of them...

http://www.grd-europa.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=222&highlight=mill

Screams followed me all the way back to Vesper, each syllable and word I could place to a face, a face full of pain and terror as I knew what this madman I had unleashed was doing... Do I feel regret by these actions... no... I wish I could have watched the whole show, this thought I think will follow me to the very end..

They came for me many times that year, asking if I knew, besiegers, waywatchers, scouts... Vesperians, my friends, my enemies even my loved ones, all blamed me, no one could find proof however, when they finally killed Padan Fain... blessed peace, no more screams, no more children coming for me in the middle of the night seeking revenge, eyes full of blood, malice, eagerness...

The mill... it won't haunt me any longer..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We'll need to go over the last tax lists when your finished, bailiff, seems like you might have had your men tax some people twice this week, I am sure it is a mistake..."

The guardsman uttered these words out of protocol, he was on the pay list, with a smile from me, assurances infront of his superiors he went his way with his Sergeant, hopefully soon to be part of it all...

"Hello Kiran...."

They had forgotten to close the door... that face...

"Aye, don't yer' worry one minute Kiran, not all of us are dead, some of us just had to hide when yer' went like, yer' see?"

He had taken me by surprise... Maccen, old hand at the buisness, one of my better men, and not dead.
Perhaps this week won't be so bad afterall. I remember saying...

"Lets get to planning, we'll leave the  niceties out of it, we have a city to plunder..."

A very memorable smile showed in the young thugs expression, one full of gluttony... it was good to have him back, specially with Vespers current situation...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 04:28:42 pm by Kiran » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length