Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:49:00 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  A memory lost....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: A memory lost....  (Read 20514 times)
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:27:11 pm »

Memories.... what time of day were it...?

*Flicker, flicker, flicker....*

the blur... the sun weakly shone through the barrack windows.... Is it time yet?

A memory, a fight, no, an ambush! Who were the people? Looking closely I seem to recall faces, no matter how blurry they are shown. Gerek.... Dael, names come as quickly as the picture in my mind shows the ambush at its climax.

A fight breaks out, the guards surprised at the sudden volley of barbed arrows, the throwing of spears, and the poison of the darts....
Screams echo through my mind, are these the dying, the dead, or the ones who will fall?

An archer reveals a great axe from under his cape... he attacks like a viper, do I know him? My memory fails me....
Another memory I believe, the light is making me seem to feel hallucinations of my past come to mind, I remember this... the memory, it strikes me, something happened this day, or over many days... years, decades?

*Flicker, flicker, flicker.....*

The light hurts the eyes, burning through the thin skin attempting to penetrate and blind...

Abbey wood.... it's name feels well used on my tongue, not anymore though, so much lost, so little remembered. A tavern, but its empty... a viewing? Highwaymen!?

the light is slowly blinding me.... my senses are disappearing, yet my memories remain.

A pyre? Five people are lined up, I know them.... there faces, there movements, their silent trembling and weeping as they see what they are facing.... the woman collapse to the ground.... hours must have passed, why am I seeing it from so close.... I shouldn't be here!!!

the smell.... oh the putrid smell of burning flesh.... the stench that fills the dark day, it was not a day to die.

I remember running, the screaming as... did I release the arrow, was that me?
Oh the screaming, a slow wailing sound which pitch reached at higher and higher levels.... Strangely, it made me feel exhilarated....

Tears, I never cry, I remember this, yet my heart was broken.... I remember hiding, or the hours in the darkness, the years spend in solitude....

Light.... Years in the shelter with me and my new... friend as company, without him I would have killed myself many years before hand... he speaks to me, my only friend in the years of despair....

Revenge, the death of my people, my comrades.... my friends....? Hardly, most of them left me after that day, oh yes, the memories, the "friends" leaving there village, so alone.... oh the silence, my friend saved me, he speaks to me, he is the only one who loves me now....

I must shy away fro the burning light..... Yet the pictures of my past remain....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Wakes up and rubs his eyes in annoyance, lets out a loud quick yawn*

"I... is it morning friend.....?"
"Yes, no one must know, remember Kiran... no one must know....."

*Laughs madly filling the corridors of the barracks with his laughter....*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 06:10:27 pm by Kiran » Logged

Julius Estory
Guest Of Cove

Standing 5'4" and going strong!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 05:31:34 pm »

(OOC)
A fine story of a forgotten time when CoY was still around. Especially Kirans history I can nod approving to since we have a past Wink
Nice one mate!
(/OOC)

*Blinks*
Never!! NEVER I say!!
To War!!!
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2005, 05:10:25 pm »

Revenge.... was it night?

something happened at night, a weak aching in the back of my mind, the ache becomes a soft drone.... I see light; the radiance that is light assaults my eyes.

I see him clearly.... the archer, the axe man, Him that strikes like a viper.... He strays across my vision as quickly as my eyes can keep up, where is he going....?

A basement.... no, a dungeon.

This place.... I know this place, the cells, the guards I recall, something occurred here. Who is that person in the cell, I know her, the angles of her face, the glimmer of her eyes, the cruelty of her tongue....

*Slam!*

the door opens with a kick, a man enters the room, he strikes! The guard hits the floor, an arrow lunched into her collar bone.... I know this man... it’s the axe man.... the archer.... the viper!

I must escape the light.... I belong to the shadow, the shadow is my life, the peace and solitude that it offers my soul...

Footsteps!

I must escape, wait, the viper must escape or he will be killed... My eyes are betraying me, he dwells in the shadows and disappear from my sight....

I can see the guards, but wait, I wasn't standing here...
Looking down on myself I see nothing, just the shadows that embrace my body, its small tendrils consuming me... I am the viper! I see it clearly... the guard that was wounded earlier, the weapon in my hand, a weapon made for killing... I must dispose of it or be caught!

the woman, did I know her, was she special?

... Of course not, only the darkness within my soul is my companion... and also my friend, through the years of despair he has been my saviour, my only hope of keeping what sanity remains left in my corrupted being.

The archer, I saw it all through his eyes... the slow torturerous affair, the beating of the woman, the slow wailing as her screams echoed through the silent halls. The adrenaline that was send through me... oh the adrenaline of watching the beating....

Torture.... That was one of my many traits, the professionalism that was required to keep the human body functioning. Even through the most heart piercing of wounds that could be inflicted....

I kept the girl alive for three days, the joy of knowing she was in my hands, Her screams excited me.... Yet no body can contain so much pain and live, but her death, the way in which her body gave up.... I still find its interesting, how the human body slowly expires when death takes over; there is no heroism, no final words.... Just the smell of the body collapsing, emptying bladder and lungs....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Wakes up and looks around, leans on his halberd as he watches the being walk in front of him*

"S... sir, you must stay back, the barracks are restricted to militia personal only...."

*A loud cackle can be heard, the torch burns out from the sudden gust of wind....*

"Mortal.... I wasss a guardsssman yessh... what I once wassss you are, what I am you will sssoon become..."

*The creature pulls out a dagger and attacks......*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 07:09:23 pm by Kiran » Logged

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 06:36:26 pm »

God.... Does such a being excist, if it does, would it allow the pitiful excistance of creatures like me to still linger in this world, the pain I have caused people?

I recall all the pain I have caused innocents, my memory will never let me forget, every night the faces of the dead, the wailing of the innocents....

Pain, its only a illusion of the human flesh, betraying its weakness to other beings, why am I cursed with this weakness....?

The light attempts to struggle through the bars of my cell, I remember this night clearly, the dead bouquet of flowers laying next to my filth infested body....
The pain... my body betrays me to the anguish that is within my corrupt soul.

I remember a soft cackle, slowly the pitch grows louder, my soul tears itself listening, it grows to a piercing wailing which slowly starts to fill my vision.... I wasn't alone.... Another "innocent" had fallen to my capturers, I remember her pleading with the beings, her soul ripping apart slowly as her screams of despair echoed through the cursed dungeon. You can not plead with the undead....

I remember, three days I sat there listening to her screaming, oh the blessed screaming, it send ripples through my body, I was in love with that voice.... the pure excstacy it would grant me, if I could be watching her as her tormentors tortured her body slowly.......

Years.... hours .... days.... She died, finally her screams subdued by the echo of the instruments used on her body, the noice echoing through the empty halls.... I remember it clearly, it was to be my turn now...

Pain.... It seemed strange to me at this time, I was the one who used to cause pain, not be the one to be inflicted by the slow torture...

Another memory, a kidnapping, a corsair in the militia, Ke... I do not recall names, but the face is clearly vivid in my imagination.... A strong soul, it has allways been more entertaining to break the ones with a strong spirit.... He never cried, a man who knew how to handle torture, but oh did he scream.... The passion of the scream was pure in his heart, it touched me in ways I would never understand still to this day....

I escaped from the dungeon... the nights spend alone... No, not alone...never alone...

I had a friend in those hours of torment, my flesh bubbling, the sheer heat from the thongs and instruments of the creatures inflicted upon me, I screamed at first, but fascination slowly took over..... firstly I was shocked, there skill in tormenting surpassed mine by unknown quality... I wished to learn...

I remember my friend, He kept me sane in that dark box, my cell....

I escaped, my memory does not recall how, but I did it... or no, we did it, my friend followed me, he never told me his name, I still do not know it to this day....

Through the rat infested tunnels we crawled on our mangled broken bodies, I remember the days of laying in a hole, praying that the creatures, the undead, would not notice my escape....

The light! Oh the blessed light, it burns my skin.... I look at myself, my pale excistance that is left, but yet life is still there within me....

But what happend to my friend? I thought I lost him, he was not there...

*Flicker, flicker, flicker

But he is allways there now.... not in body, but he is a part of me, my savior... my true love, my friend... He speaks to me, he knows my corrupt soul, and he does not judge, the blessed voice as he speaks in my head, when he speaks to me I love him, I would kill for him!....

I have already on many occasions already killed for him....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Pulls out the halberd from the corpses torso, placing his foot on the shoulder using it to pull out the halberd clean off the corpse...*

"I told you.... no citizens enter the barracks, or the undead....

*Watches as the corpse reasembles itself, it crawls away into the dark forest, a slow cackling follows as it hisses an incartation, a sphere opens, it disapears.....*

"W... we got them good, didnt we?"

*A insane laughter can be heard, coming from the guardsmans mouth, yet it didn't seem to be Kirans voice... something else stirred behind those dead cold eyes.......*

Tweeso Pebble
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 07:00:36 pm »

*ponders and shakes head as he walks off again*

[OOC] *Grins* Quite interesting actully! [OOC]
Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 12:15:38 am »

*OOC* just to clear certain topics up,

A, this story is about Kirans past, when he was a highwaymen, which is a old guild based in Yew, under old COY

B, No one would know of all this information, since its just a story, you would only know of certain events if you where there, only exception is Darwin though in BoC

Hope that clears some things up, had many people ask

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 02:11:52 pm »

Cities... where the innocents are hardly safe in day, and even less so at night, even citizens with ill intent, I recall I was neither of the two this night, I came to give out justice.....

I see the archer, the axeman, myself, walk across the square, palaces with their great spires reaching into the sky, its strange how a human beings hands could construct such a wonder.... A voice echoes inside of me..

"We were never builders Kiran, we were destroyers.....! W.. where Am I? Have I gone insane.... are you me? please.... let me out!!"

Sneaking across the courtyard the hooded figure gracefully moves across the dark court yard, throwing immence shadows across the ground.

I remember, I see now what the figure see's... attempting to ignore the unseen eyes which watches me from the small alleys, the thugs and worse who earns there coins at night....

Attempting to move across confidently showing my battle axe by drawing my cloak back they thought better of it.... I hoped...

"Have at ye!"

Two shapes jump from me from the tiles on the rooftop, the first never even gets to land on the ground before a scream and quickly a gurgling comes from his throat, a bolt had stuck to his chest...

The other one did a quick roll and landed on his feet, watching the corpse of his dead companion he moved cautiously towards me pulling out two rapiers, his face already showing his unease, he expected suprise to win him this battle... Whispering softly I tried to convince him to begone..... He attacked...

I recall pulling out the remaining bolts out of his chest, watching how the blood spurted out of his corpse as if a funnel was placed inside of him, fascinating how much blood is containted inside a humans corpse..... How the eyes flicker softly before the eternal rest, oh how I envy the dead....

Excecution.... I had come to kill two men I recall, there names are now common on my tounge, there faces a curse to my being, they deserved to die...

In most stories I heard before my mother died to my own doing, she told me a hero would allways give out justice for the weak and defenseless, real life has taught me otherwise, I had come to excecute these two men, not have them fight me in a fair battle, if they were asleep so much more for the better....

Having skinned the person who I tortured for this information, I slowly crept up the dangerous slippery wall and climbed through the half opend window.... There he was, Brego, asleep in his bed, I remember the disapointment of not finding them both.... This quickly surpassed and I set down to do my job...

He deserved the death, he left the Highwaymen, no one leaves, ever, I stayed till the last, the years spend in the hole, the cest pool of corruption that filled my nostrils daily.., I was more alive there then I ever knew, if not for that place I would never have met you though, my friend, one day you will tell me your name...

I sat down with a knife in my hand watching the corpse under me, I slowly began to work on Brego, skinning him alive.....

*Someone soflty singing a soft lulaby could be heard through the window of the building...*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*The orcs head exploded, the smell assaulted my nostrils, as the body fell to the ground I looked sideways watching Darwin with his content grin...*

"Showed that Orc didn't I eh?"
"Sure did mate, come on lets get that other one, blody orc wytches eh?"

Darwin Darkhood, my friend for over 15 years in the Highwaymen, my brother in arms, the only one who knew the truth...

"Kill him Kiran.... no one must know, he must die or we will be found out! kill him... kill him now!"

Ignoring the voice I watched Darwin, his new found powers frightend me, he was the only one of the highwaymen I could still allow to live.... for now...

*Head butting the orcs head, Kirans axe swung in a quick riposte breaking the brutes ribs with his battle axe, quickly in a new move, slamming the axe into the torso killing the orc instanteinously. Drawing the crossbow a bolt suddenly hit the orc wytch in the head, it died while attempting to cast one of its spells...*

"Kal vas flam...!"

Darwin was fighting fifteen of the greenskins, they exploded one by one as they charged, soon the charge halterd and they ran away pushing at eachother, none of them wanted to be in the Maelstorm that was Darwin now... flames flying from his hands faster then my eyes could follow.

Making our way back to the barracks we split the gold and went our seperate ways...

The thing that scared me that day the most was Darwins allways content grin, he watched me..... he knew....

Kiran
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2005, 01:26:05 pm »

The past..... Many people will tell stories when they are older or wiser, of their heroism, their bravery, how they used to save damsels in distress, but not me... you wish to know more of my past, my days filled with the dark desire only to cause harm? I don't want to remember..... Please, someone, make me forget...Oh sweet lord make it stop!!

Darkness, sweat pouring down my chest, the rhythmic swinging of my axe against the oak tree, this was bliss, and this was my life, my sister and mother I recall...

"Kiran, what are you doing out there, come on, get inside..."
That was the voice of my mother, her innocent warm voice, I loved her, but she found out... Like all others she had to fall...

Tied up against the tree I smiled at my mother as the tears ran down her chin, the small beads gliding ever so softly over her still flawless texture. Her hands tied behind her back, not allowing blood to run her hands, such an excisite blue colour it gives, when blood is not allowed passage in the veins to the vital parts.

I didn't gag her, she deserved to plead, her questions were first commanding, then puzzled, then turned to pure confusion, pleading soon set its trails in her voice, until her screams echoed through the forest, but no one could hear.....

My mother, the one who raised me, even when my dad died in the Minocian mines when I was just a mere baby, or so my mother said.... She lied to me! I am certain of it! She was too nice; she must have known.... oh please, forgive me!!

The axe swinging, hitting at the tree... Raiders, the slave traders had come to raid the village, I was stood alone with the tree, I saw three of them split from the main party, they came towards me...

*Kiran stood calmly, the hatchet held loosely across his naked chest. Directly infront of him was a felled log. The first of the riders, a lancer, leaned forward in the saddle as his stallion jumped over the fallen oak tree. Kiran moved, sprinting forward and swinging his axe in a murderous arc. As the horse landed the axe-blade hissed over its head, plunging into the chest of the lancer, to splinter his breastplate and smash his ribs to shards. The blow hammerd the man from the saddle.*

*Kiran attempted to wrench the axe clear, but the blade was caught by the fractured armour.... A sword slashes down at Kirans head, he quickly dived and rolled. As a horsman moved in close he hurled himself from the ground, grabbing the stallion's right foreleg, pushing with all his strenght against the leg, he toppled the rider and horseman. He ran to pick up his hatchet and stood ready to face the horsman, the last raider jumped off his horse and watched the blood stained youth, he ran....*

"Any last words boy?" the raider hissed in anger, watching his fallen comrade.

*Kiran grinned at him, blood staining his bare chest, non of it yet his own....*

*Quickly running towards the raider, Kiran jumped into the air over the under hand slash of the raiders sabre, quickly rolling to the ground and aiming his hatchet at the raiders legs, decapitating him instantaneously. *

Watching the raider, I remember his screams he had gotten what is worse then death to a man in our age and day, he was useless.... He knew if I didn't kill him now he would never get a job again, his life was ruined.... he was a cripple....

The wailing that followed me as I left the battlefield in the forest gave me pure pleasure, this is what you get for attacking defenseless village boys...

Watching the ruined village, the farm burning, the bodies of the children, men and old. Only one thought went through my mind.... Revenge....

*Kiran grabs a packet of food, and watches the ground, notices a small track, a small foot print in the under growth, he sets chase.....*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Chasing the Vesperian, he aimed his bow at the back of the leg of the enemy, the Vesperian fell to the ground, quickly a slaughter was taken to rip the Vesperians body bits to bits....*

Humming slightly as Kiran sat down to work, he took out his knife and looked around at the Covian barrack, a sound victory to Cove this day, one which was needed, the morale had been low these past days in the militia.

Taking the finger from the corpse, wiping the blood off in the Vesperian cloak with his knife, he placed it in a small pouch with all his other trophies.

Darwin came, someone was standing next to him, I remember that face, Olchafa...

Another Highwayman, but... wasn't Olchafa dead? Colours blur through my head, I watch Olchafa uncertainly, but oh, the smile he flashed me as he watched me at my handywork..... He also knew....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2005, 01:44:50 pm by Kiran » Logged

Darwin
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2005, 04:39:19 pm »

[OOC] Awesome story mate [/OOC]
Danichta
Guest Of Cove

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 04:47:36 pm »

[ooc] Creepy cool, well written  Smiley [/ooc]

I'm not a thief, I'm a Wealth Redistribution Specialist.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Danichta - Fortune Teller and Treasure Hunter
Nanosh Faa - General Laborer (and Dani's keeper)
Swinsweg Palmer - Bumbling Bard
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2005, 09:34:34 pm »

[ooc]Amazing story, keep it up  Cheesy[/ooc]

Joey Lanai
Dragoon Squad Leader
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

........=IIII=........

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2005, 09:58:50 pm »

(OOC: *Thumb up* Good stuff)

userjosh5368
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2005, 09:06:38 am »

Nice story mate rember some of these things when i was in coy
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 04:51:19 pm »

[ooc]You forgot to put that in out of charecter bracets.  Angry[/ooc]

Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2005, 10:00:32 am »

[OOC]
Another Highwayman, but... wasn't Olchafa dead? Colours blur through my head, I watch Olchafa uncertainly, but oh, the smile he flashed me as he watched me at my handywork..... He also knew....

Oh dear  [/OOC]

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length