Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:41:29 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Defending the Highlands !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Defending the Highlands !  (Read 1840 times)
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2006, 03:57:52 am »

Highland Sentry Report

Led by: Regular Highlander Kurt.

Attended by: Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine, Junior Guardsman Edmund Rufus, Guardsman Recruit Max O'Munpain.

It was the early hours of the morning and very little stirred around the vicinity of Cove barracks. Suddenly from the entrance of the building a deep growling voice roared.....

Kurt: "Seeeeeeeeeeeentrrrrryyyyyy"

Clearly someone had been rattling the Highlanders bed knobs as Kurt was convinced an Orcish invasion of Cove was bound to happen at an hour such as this. He ordered us into a line and went over the details of his proposed sentry. We would guard the entrance to the mountains and prevent the passage of any Orcish war parties.

Before long the barricade was erected, I was appointed to door duty and Kurt sent the other two guardsman on a patrol of the nearby fort. While the others were off fighting to the south I informed Kurt of the battle he had missed up in Minoc. He seemed interested until I mentioned the fact that we had been thrashed, at this point he commented....

Kurt: "I thought you said I missed a battle, hrrrmmmpffff."

.....strange lot these Highlanders.

Suddenly one of the guardsmen appointed to patrol came stumbling back, it was Edmund.

Junior Guardsmen, when will they learn !

Edmund Rufus: "Slightly more dangerous than we anticipated sir."

Kurt: "Gwah!? Can't take on a twenty foot Orc on your own!? Must I do everything myself....!?"

Into the fray went Kurt, leaving yours truly to defend the gates of our sentry. The brave Highlander soon returned drenched in blood and grinning like a madman. Having showered himself in victory he seemed a lot happier so I decided to drop the subject of our defeat at Minoc. A little while later Edmund and Max appeared looking worse for wear but slightly more experienced.

The mighty have fallen.

Kurt: "Ahhhhh finally, I'd almost given up hope. Alright you lot dismantle the sentry and head back to the barracks, s'about all yer good for, hup hup!"

We raced back to the barracks not wanting to disappoint our leader. The gold coins were divided amongst the group and we were dismissed.

Thank the Avatar !

Take that Orcish beasts.

State of the mountains: Safe for this day.

*signed neatly in partially runic handwriting*
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine[/i].
« Last Edit: February 28, 2006, 04:22:58 pm by Kas Valentine » Logged

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 07:41:41 am »

Exceptional report Kas!

*signed*
Delcarakdur, Officer Cadet of the 3rd Glenmore Highlanders

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length