Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2024, 04:49:08 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Land Navigation Course
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Land Navigation Course  (Read 2022 times)
Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« on: June 15, 2007, 06:18:10 am »

After spending much time lost in the nearby woods during my childhood, much to the concern of my parents, my father taught me about land navigation. I thought it a good idea to share this knowledge with my fellow soldiers.

We formed at the Barracks rooftop at 2120 hours. Attendance was small but enthusiastic.

Attending:

Senior Guardsman Tiberius
Officer Cadet Eve
Junior Guardsman Delcarakdur
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine
Grenadier Sergeant Raiden Morana
Watchman James Covium

Instructor:
Watchman Jakob D’Stoke

I explained the basics of land navigation. Land Navigation is the art of not getting lost while going somewhere. Three key things to know in land navigation: 1) where you are; 2) where you are going; and 3) the route you will use.

Key tools to use in land navigation are: maps, the compass, the sextant, and shoe polish to keep your boots looking good while not getting lost. Getting lost can be quite dangerous because it can lead to encounters with nefarious faeries set on doing immoral carnal acts upon the innocent and virtuous.

The class was separated into two teams. Each team was given a map and a set of coordinates for locations which they had to find in Minoc. Each participant was given a sextant, compass, and of course, shoe polish.

After the practical part of the class was finished, I recapped the basics of land navigation for those that arrived late to the class and then dismissed everyone.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Eve Thenasa
Senior Guardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Mae na fordd i rhoi Wil i welly.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 10:55:41 am »

Well done with leading such a course, I had alot of fun during the practical.

*signed*

Eve, Officer Cadet
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 11:01:07 am »

Aye grand work.

Me and Kas showed 'em how it was done. *winks*

*signed*

Raiden, Grenadier Sergeant.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 03:27:08 pm »

Agreed ! Grin

A truly inspiring lesson on navigation, well led Jakob.

Signed haphazardly in wiggly writing,
Regular Guardsman Kas Valentine.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length