Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:35:06 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Non-RP Characters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Non-RP Characters  (Read 5339 times)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007, 03:24:37 pm »

We're all equal OOC in BoC anyway. And we all aim to have fun with each other. It's not that hard if you can level the difference between role playing and reality.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
qom_riyadh
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007, 03:34:46 pm »

This could be an 'incognito' type guild - no one knows who's the BoC-player behind the chars of the new guild. Tongue
Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2007, 05:28:17 pm »

Aye, but like Jack said, I don't feel like anyone "outranks" me in RL from BoC. Whilst I respect those who have more responsibilities and so on, I still wouldn't be "Yes sir, right away sir" if I met the Baron in the street RL Wink

qom_riyadh
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 05:31:16 pm »

Aye, but like Jack said, I don't feel like anyone "outranks" me in RL from BoC. Whilst I respect those who have more responsibilities and so on, I still wouldn't be "Yes sir, right away sir" if I met the Baron in the street RL Wink

You should!!

*bets that Arma will be banned within 5 days*
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2007, 06:12:49 pm »

Aye, but like Jack said, I don't feel like anyone "outranks" me in RL from BoC. Whilst I respect those who have more responsibilities and so on, I still wouldn't be "Yes sir, right away sir" if I met the Baron in the street RL

Oh, you would.. you would. Wink

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 10:57:37 am »

Yes, we're all equal in RL and OOC and that doesn't cause a problem RPing inequality. But most of us don't know each other all that well outside of our characters in BoC. So it's much easier to roleplay the distance, respect, and authority that BoC demands between the ranks. If we all suddenly play the game together as equals and get used to that and get to know each other's *real* personalities too much, I think it'll make RPing a strict army heirarchy harder, or at least would detract from it.

For some reason, I fear that the purity and strict division between the ranks would be lost if we had another OOC guild; not to mention encouraging people to play on those characters a lot more than their BoC ones. 
I do like the incognito idea though..

Erik Arkay/Evinyatar
Banned for profanity on command forums
Cove Command
Covian Legend

I worship Cabbage

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2007, 11:04:16 am »

There is something other then RP and BoC? Surely you jest!

Return to the True Path I say unto you all!

The Power of BoC compells you!

qom_riyadh
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2007, 11:08:56 am »

The main thing which makes BoC as great as it is, are the rules and clearly stated hierarchy, so everyone knows who's one's supervisor and such. This eases following the rules etc etc.

If such OOC guild will be created, all of us would be equal in their ranks. Adding this to possibility of using every item/skill/spell the game provides, could create some mayhem.

Also the incognito idea has a nice advantage: You won't be able to put your IC/OOC dislikes into the guild and taking sweet revenge. The problem is that most of people well know the OOC chars of certain players, not to mention that many people listed their additional chars on the forums.
Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2007, 01:17:50 pm »

I don't see what the problem is.  If you can't continue to RP being a lower rank than someone just cause you get on with them OCC just boils down to poor roleplaying.  From what I've heard several of the BoC guild members have met IRL and I'm sure that hasn't stopped them continuing to play how they do.

Arma Renox
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

"What did you say about my hat?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2007, 01:47:58 pm »

I'll just join LUV then Wink Some one get me in! Tongue

Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 12:50:58 am »

If we all suddenly play the game together as equals and get used to that and get to know each other's *real* personalities too much, I think it'll make RPing a strict army heirarchy harder, or at least would detract from it.

I think everyone should put down their weapons and become citizens, free to partake in a comfortable lifestyle featuring such joys as tree chopping, seasonal dances and trade caravans. We could travel to the far corners of the realm delivering nothing more sinister than wine and good cheer. In fact we'd be such friendly compassionate folk that people would refer to us as....

Cove;
"The most peace loving town in all Britannia."

Take Qom as an example, I couldn't think of a more well adjusted laid back young gentleman, we should all be so lucky. Vive la révolution ! Kiss
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:58:17 am by Kas Valentine » Logged

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 02:09:26 am »

It is finally official, Kas is on drugs.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007, 02:14:20 am »

This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length