Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:49:55 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrolling Log
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: Patrolling Log  (Read 285504 times)
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 22, 2007, 03:14:57 pm »

Leading:
Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant

Attended:
Grief Dryfh Gry, Hardened Guardsman
Aaron Cael, Guardsman Recruit
Duvort Stein, Guardsman Recruit
Talos, Guardsman Recruit

We headed out to the Graveyard, intent on killing a Lich or two, due to it looking a little overcrowded the last few times we had passed. I gave both Grief, and Duvort Stein command at one point, and everyone handled the patrol excellently.

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 22, 2007, 07:08:00 pm »

*A report submitted in triplicate, two-hole punched, stamped, dated, signed, and laced with a Covian ribbon.*

A Report of a patrol to the Altmere Outpost.
By Jakob D'Stoke, Guardsman Recruit.

This patrol was called for and led by Watchman Zoie Hayden, and attended by Guardsman Recruit Talos and myself.

From the barracks we headed in the direction of the Altmere Outpost to check for bandits and to secure the road for travelers. The way over there was practically uneventful with the exception of a headless naked humanoid thing attacking us. We dispatched it easily since, after all, it lacks a head.

I remember hearing stories of a village cursed by a wytch so that the people in it had no heads. Ever since these villagers have been wandering the lands searching for someone else's head to take as their own.

We arrived at the outpost and all was quiet. No sign of brigands or vagrants. Talos told us his brother had a house very near to the outpost so we went to have a look at it. Zoie thought it might serve as a lookout post. The house was built of dark bricks and had a foreboding decor to it. Talos explained that it belonged to his brother, a wizard of some sort. Wytches are eccentric people, to say the least.

On our way back, as we walked by the shore, a rather large sea serpent lunged at me and took me by the leg. I jabbed at it as best as I could, but if it had not been for Zoie and Talos I would have been dragged off into the sea and devoured. Zoie commented that she had never seen a sea serpent come out of the water and attack in that manner. She said that I must taste good.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Aaron Cael
« Reply #632 on: May 22, 2007, 11:06:54 pm »

Leading- Zhoie

Attending- Aaron Cael, Mercy, Talos, Anne.

We took a tour of the town to show Anne the sights of Cove, in this painting we are on the Covian docks, which could do with a remodeling if the Baron would care to share some of his vast wealth.  We also checked the tower to make sure nothing strange was about, and went to the bank to see that everything was ok.  Miss Zhoe was very good at leading us about.. although she forgot me once when I was hiding..

*Signed, Aaron Cael*
Dylan Freewater
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 26, 2007, 11:40:48 am »

Leading : Junior Dylan Freewater

Present : Junior Tyrael Styx

We went into Cove town and managed to check th' Docks an' th' Watchtower. The Docks had a curious vessel in it, we decided that it may have something to do with the navy and almost definatly was NOT a pirate threat so we left the area, no pirates were spotted. In the watchtower we found a lovely little bear which took a liking to me, we managed to shoo it out into the forest again without resorting to physical violence! All in all a safe, smoothly implimented patrol.

The Patrol in full swing...

Signed : Dylan Freewater
Dylan Freewater
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 26, 2007, 11:45:20 am »

Leading: Junior Dylan Freewater

Present: Junior Tyrael Styx

Following the success of our previous patrol we decided it was time to try and find something a bit more dangerous, so headed to the Altmere outpost. On our way we came across two regulars, one i recognised as Kas Valentine the other i did not recognise at all, Kas curiously fired a lightning bolt at Tyrael, so we left them to whatever they were doing. We came across nothing at all on our way to Altmere but on the way back we slayed an ogre, two water elementals and a sea serpent.. Easy pickings for the finest soldiers in Sosaria.

Altmere.. all is quiet.

Signed : Dylan Freewater.
Jakob Stoke
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

I am not a marsupial.

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 26, 2007, 06:05:10 pm »

Patrol to the Orc Fort.

Leading: Sergeant Hoagie

Attending: Guardsman Recruit Ronas Cerad, Guardsman Recruit Jakob D'Stoke.

Sergeant Hoagie formed a squad to patrol the border with the orc fort to the south/ This was done in order to continue to contain the orcish menace and protect our miners and civilians.

The patrol was an opportunity to practice our military discipline, team work and formations. Once at the fort, Sergeant Hoagie ordered us to make a complete incursion of it. After some fierce fighting, we forced our way in to their supply rooms and wrecked their stores. During the patrol, each of us recruits had a chance to practice leading the squad.

We returned to the Barracks without further incident.

El obispo de Constantinopla se quiere desconstantinopolizar. El desconstantinopolizador que le desconstantinopolice Buen desconstantinopolizador será!
Kerri
Covian Dreamer
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

To lazy for you..

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 26, 2007, 08:12:49 pm »

Lead by: Kerri, Guardsman Recruit

Attendees: Ronas Xerad, Guardsman Recruit
                 Sadi, Guardsman Recruit
                 Darian Krowen, Guardsman Recruit
                 Tolas, Guardsman Recruit
                 Jakob D'Stoke, Guardsman Recruit
                 Hoagie, Dragoon Sergeant
                 Zoie Hayden, Watchman

After an inspiring speech from Jack Sinist I took the above soldiers into the forest to clear it of its taint. There wasn't as many beasts as usual which is good, apart from a couple of stupid trolls. Using the Commands I had learned only hours before in my Cadre the group and I managed to bring them down and pillage any gold from their pockets.

We came across the graveyard after a few rounds on the forest and I remembered that when we first set out a church man demanded I get him a couple of thousand gold crowns. We went into the graveyard and were almost instantly fired at by a Lich, however using the form Command we pulled together and took down the lich with only a few scratches on our armour.

After clearing one wave of weaker undead I told the Soldiers to split up and kill on sight any other undead which plagued the yard.

Just before leaving another Lich teleported itself into the graveyard and began chucking its spells at us, again calling the FORM command we pulled together and took it down.  On leaving the graveyard we did another round of the forest then reported back to Cove as Zoie's hunt was nearing.

We collected around 4000 gold altogether, I gave 100 to each soldier 1000 to the church and the rest went to the Army stores.

Kerri, Guardsman Recruit

« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 05:54:01 pm by Darath Mithar » Logged

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 28, 2007, 01:37:31 am »

Lead

Recruit Carcer

Attending

Sergeant Hoagie
Watchman Mortan

---

Having just finished sentry duty, I walked back to the barracks to find Guardsman Stint and Sergeant Hoagie entralled in conversation with a bemused Arel between the two.

Taking initiative I recommended an early morning patrol through the woodlands. Though Stint disappeared, those of us left continued under the swiftfoot of myself. Not much to report other than all safe and sound.

Casualty Log

2x Headless
1x Ogre
2x Water Elemental
2x Deer (Double bullseye in a bet which Sergeant Hoagie lost!)

Gold Gathered

Signed

- Recruit Carcer

---

Graem Carcer
Watchman
Covian Veteran

"Parade, Parade Attention!"

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 30, 2007, 02:40:45 am »

Lead

Recruit Carcer

Attending

Cadet Valentine
Recruit Xerad
Commoner Leontine

---

Following a quiet night in the tavern, Cadet Valentine lined us up and suggested we do a local area patrol, with the suggestion of either the orcs or undead, we opted for the orcs and went ahead on our way, stalked by a slime, slash, elf mage who wouldn't stop pestering us.

At this point I requested that I be allowed to lead the patrol as a demonstration of my leadership abilities. Thankfully, Kelly cautiously agreed.

Proceeding on the the Orc Fort, our formation was kept tight and the healing was impecable. With our manpower we could only feasably make it three-quarters the way into the fort without alerting the brute's attention down by the docks. Our arms were kept busy however fending off bombs being hurled at us.

Despite this, not one casualty was sustained, and we arrived back at the Barracks with 7180 Gold.

Signed

- Recruit Carcer

---

Brandy Arrowsnap
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 30, 2007, 04:00:02 pm »

Lead by: Brandy Arrowsnap - Watchman

Attended: Falconheart - Watchman

Time 4:20 - 4:36  Wednesday 30th May 2007

We had seen a strange man carrying a weird dagger, he looked as if he was up to no good.

We quickly ran to the graveyard as we thourght he might have ran there. But instead we bumped into some vile creatures. We went in and emptied the graveyard suffering a couple of wounds, but none fatal.

We then went on looking in every building in yew but still no sign of this dark man. We then ran to the town as we thourght he might be hiding there and checked every bit of it, there was no sign of him.

Brandy Arrowsnap
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 30, 2007, 06:40:51 pm »

Lead by: Jack Sinist - Regular Guardsman
Attended: Brandy Arrowsnap - Watchman

Me and jack went on a patrol in cove town.

Time - 7:10 Date: 30th may 2007

Brandy Arrowsnap
Covian Guardsman
Guest Of Cove

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 31, 2007, 04:32:03 pm »

Attended: Brandy Arrowsnap

5:00pm 31st May 07

It was a boring day at barracks so i decided to check out all the buildings

Signed Brandy Arrowsnap
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 04:40:30 pm by Brandy Arrowsnap » Logged
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #642 on: May 31, 2007, 05:28:26 pm »

* Cove Barracks to Minoc Moongate - 5.50pm GMT, Thursday, 31 May 2007
* Patrolling the moongate to see that everything was in order.
* Jack Sinist, Regular Guardsman (led)
* Thomas Sendrich, Regular Dragoon

Everything in order, except an undead harassing Sendrich and a strange talking statue at the Covian Tavern.

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Dalamar
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: June 01, 2007, 04:25:00 pm »

Leading: Dalamar, Regular Scout
Attending: Falconheart, Watchman
                Duvort Stein, Guardsman recruit

I led these to lazy looking men to patroling our eastern boarder and look that cemetery is enough peacefull. Everything was in order and we headed back to barracks.

*Signed with red ink* Dalamar, Regular Scout

Mercy
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: June 01, 2007, 09:31:47 pm »

Leading- Watchman Mercy
Attending - Watchman Perrin
                             Recruit Darian

Following the sighting of some orcs walking around by the barracks I lead a patrol to the orc fort to find out what was happening.  We noticed they had made some barracades near the enterance and were gathering to the rear of the fort.  After slaying one of their brutes and several smaller orcs we made a disturbing discovery.  There was a field of dark energy inside the fort, it was small and probably noticeable only to those with arcane training but it could give the orcs some darker abilities.  We agreed it was best to retreat and inform those better able to deal with it.

Sadly there are no sketches as Perrin accidently dropped them whilst we were destroying the barracades and they were burnt in the flames.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length