Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:44:51 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  Responce to Cove Not Forgotten
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Responce to Cove Not Forgotten  (Read 5660 times)
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

Death be for dishonor!!! Long Live the Baron!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 02:44:03 pm »

And the fact that we're roleplaying means the following: Everyone is afraid of the Church, whether they are for or against them. The Church (especially templars) are quite big and scary, and Commanding Officers will allow them and obey when Church members ask to take the lead of an event or even stop what they are doing to do something else.

Why would we be affraid of something we have yet to see? From Ludwik's perpective he has never seen a church member in Cove and he has been around for what? Around 3 months, so for them to feel scared they need to see consequence of their actions. Perhaps if get some people to create some new characters (I will be willing to do so after tomorrow), get them to behave in a manor which the church disproves of and then punish them. Then, now there is fear of punishment, I would agree with the above statement. Make a big event out of it.

I appologise for the way I acted when i first saw the church but I was not in the mood and after tomorrow I am free at last.

I understand where Ludwik is coming from, even if we had or have read the boards, like he stated, its been like 3 months with no church action.  So Players and Characters alike forgets it there.  Figuring it a non-issue. (kinda like all the neat weapons and armor we cant use, its there but not in play) so has been the church!!  Its reenstatement just came to a shock to everyone!  Like geting into a RP PVP fight only to find out the rules have changed a bit and you can use Arties and they guy your about to fight is all geared up and you stand there in your GMer stuff!  It was a bit of a shock, We will have to adjust and play on.. Thats what good gamers do.  We did not like what happen with bags of sending but we accept it and play on.  This is the same thing!  And this coming from one who was pertty shocked about the whole thing!  I made mistakes, have to back pedal and move on!!

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 03:03:23 pm »

...That is what I said in the seperate thread I made. Smiley

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Mr Bloodaxe
Covian Guardsman
Covian Citizen

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2008, 03:53:17 pm »

I had read a bit of the info regarding the church, but as far as I was concerned, it had been overthrown by the Cove army and it was gone. I was not aware that it was going to make a return, my character does not hail from Cove and therefore does not hold all of the traits described on the website.

I intend to lay low, that's what all good scouts in training do.

Ludwik Bloodaxe, Junior Guardsman
Fredrik Bloodaxe, Citizen
Marcus Kobra
Regular Grenadier
Cove Command
Covian Legend

"Death is certain, When is up to your Medic."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 10:57:28 am »

Admittedly some Covian history is not well recorded or not in a definate order. This website I beleive has been re-posted more than once and information has been lost/ jumbled. I sympathize with "Tak" and Ludwig. When I first came to Cove as the short lived "Dyril Morvain" I thought we were at war with Kaldor! hahaha. I really don't think "Sig" was attempting to put either of them down for being new. i feel he took for granted their ignorance of what is felt as "long standing common knowledge" Its only common if you know where to look and read ALL of it. Plus a number of RPers have varied and diffrent ways of refering to Avatar and Guardian.  I think these "Books" posted by "Sig" will enlighten the newly developing RPer and the long standing types who have been saying Amen instead of Aumen, and simply not using the proper terminology. I myself don't know much of UO history and had no idea there where Arch-angels. *shrug* So lets all level on this and without too abrupt a shift in our RP, get on with our fun hmm Smiley Besides, If Marcus K sees anyone doing "unwise" actions. He will be sure to drag them aside and explain the "error" of their ways.

Have i mitigated this issue at all or just babbled my bum off?

Thanks,

Shane, AKA Marcus I Kobra, Watchman, Army of Cove

The Lord hath created medicines out of the earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them.
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 12:17:17 pm »

Yeah, I've always thought that the chruch was a fun part of the guild.. Especially since other guilds fear the mighty covian church.. as i played with Kyte, he maybe not follow the avatarian faith.. but when he saw a churchie he corrected his manners, and sure 'acted' like he did, and it also gave him a chance to try and hunt down 'blasphemers' with the church.. which lead to some awesome RP expierence!
Kyte's quote is from the other thread but as this is where the main discussion is i used it here...

The Church can be fun and scary at the same time and that will hopefully keep people entertained.

When Raiden was a recruit attending church mass was a promotional requirement and i'd always sit in fear of being chosen for confession. But then as Raiden got more experienced and a little braver he and Vince used to try and get eachother into trouble during mass and confess to the most ridiculous things in an attempt to shock or infuriate the clergy.

They'd usually have to try and stop Kelly from getting herself into trouble too!  Cheesy

The Church has been reintroduced to add some intrigue and conflict. No-one is trying to make players or their characters do anything they don't want to do, it's an opportunity to explore more RP avenues and create more diverse events.

Let's have some fun eh!? Wink

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Kelly Sanderson
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

By Jove and Sheeshy McGee!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 01:25:24 pm »

It's not the information that's jumbled, really. War is supposed to set some confusion. But I expect people to ASK if they are confused. So if any of you are confused about something on the website, ASK.

I think the website's pretty darn clear about the whole lot. And if it's the Church that baffles you, then you should read the Church Board if you want to take some interest.

I suppose that's it? It's pretty simple, to be honest. Command can only do so much. Get in-game tonight, everyone!

John Dell:
My ultimate aim is to nag someone to the brink of total blindness and hate that they kill me.

John Dell:
It's for me like for you and pies; if one is staring you in the face you just can't leave it alone.
Samuel West
Regular
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Beasting will continue untill morale improves!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 01:38:28 pm »

The church is a great part of BoC! It gives lots of RP oppurtunities

Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 03:15:36 pm »

WOW what a debait!!! already going on two pages...I have already made my peace and put my 2 coppers worth in.  But enjoying the flow of information that has been brought up!!! GO TEAM!!!

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2008, 01:47:47 pm »

Why would we be affraid of something we have yet to see? From Ludwik's perpective he has never seen a church member in Cove and he has been around for what?

That's a reason to be afraid.;p

Khae could give a lecture on the Shadowlords and the Church. Just need to wait a bit.
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 03:00:21 pm »

How does this affect those who use chivalry??

Children

I hath noticed a great many of thee, whilst not Arcanists, art familiar with a spell which doth allow thee to move from one place to another instantly...

ALL Arcanists and 'Recall' users (Including those who use scrolls/runebook charges) art also hereby required to step forth for branding.

Within a few weeks time, unbranded casters shalt be deemed wytches, unless they canst provide proof of their innocence.

Siegfried
Templar Preceptor
Covian Church
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 03:02:15 pm »

Children

I hath noticed a great many of thee, whilst not Arcanists, art familiar with a spell which doth allow thee to move from one place to another instantly...

ALL Arcanists and 'Recall' users (Including those who use scrolls/runebook charges) art also hereby required to step forth for branding.

Within a few weeks time, unbranded casters shalt be deemed wytches, unless they canst provide proof of their innocence.

How does this affect those who use Chivalry??

Re-review the thread for your answer. Edited

Signed

Father Siegfried,
Templar Preceptor

"Amidst the chaos and confusion, only one thing is for certain; no one is safe from the noose!"
Takeamada
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2008, 03:05:26 pm »

I guess their safe then!!

Delfer
Baron's Own Grenadier
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2008, 01:54:53 pm »

And the fact that we're roleplaying means the following: Everyone is afraid of the Church, whether they are for or against them. The Church (especially templars) are quite big and scary, and Commanding Officers will allow them and obey when Church members ask to take the lead of an event or even stop what they are doing to do something else.

Imagine some guys running around in game telling you to do things according to another religion which you may or may not believe in(or ever heard of) then they come and say you can't use your recall scrolls without being burnt with a metal stick. AND THEN you see them forcing around the military leading us into possible death trap scenarios(although of course we would prevail because we are Covians)
and then punishing us at the end for almost dieing. *breathes out*

I know this because I was like you just a mere few weeks ago until the church showed up and err... Nevermind, and this is what I've learned from experience. No offense to the church. Wink

Also when things are posted in the IC boards it's like putting a message on a bulletin board in the barracks or tavern or scouts HQ or stuff like that and should be treated as a real IG piece of readable material. Unless it says it's only for scouts or just  Grenadiers etc...

Hope I didn't make lots of mistakes I was in a hurry

Heheh i did because i never saw page 2 on this thread so I'm kinda responding to a very old post by Ludwik.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 02:16:15 pm by Delfer » Logged

The Adventures of Buttons: Forever Inappropriate

Del - " &^%$$#% Blues..."
Del - " &^%$$#% Bloranges..."
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length