Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:40:30 pm
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Scouts Diary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Scouts Diary  (Read 14089 times)
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2018, 01:11:45 pm »

Tuesday, 5th June

It's been... about a month since I returned back to duty. I must admit, the past few years have been a torture... Both physicaly and mentaly. Vierna and her feckin' twats of drows have been chasing me all over bloody Sosaria! They won't dare to attack me or Pickles in Cove though. Vierna is strong, but not daft.

Yet... I find myself scouting the borders everyday. I don't care much about those Vesperians or Yewians. But I'll shoot every god damn drow that looks any suspicious at all. I won't allow them to take Pickles or me back into slavery.

And Pickles... oh my sweet, green haired Pickles... I can understand that she needed some time for herself. It was hell for her. But... when she told me that we should see other people... Well, I didn't admit it, but feckin' hell, I could feel how my heart bursted in my chest. Then she told me that she's meeting that lad Declan.

I hate him! I hate him so feckin' much! I met him... Promised that son of a bitch, if he'd ever hurt Pickles in any way, that his head is on my target list - and missing will not be an option.

Pickles would love if he and I would be nice to each other. Can't promise that. That bloody cretin does not know how lucky he is to have her. He doesn't deserve my sweet Pickles.

And all that because she went after blackrock... That stuff killed... her.

I miss you, my mouthy, always bad-mooded cousine. You died at such a young age. Just because you wanted more and more power. There's this new lass, she has a similiar name as you. She's not anything like you though...

Oh well... I guess I scribbled enough today. The doctor told me that this might help with my stress syndrom. But for now, it's back to keeping Cove - and Pickles - save.

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 05:32:11 am »

Friday, 8th June

I've been drinking last night in Stonekeep. At least I acted like I got wasted. Ilyana always told to leave behind a false impression on possible backstabbers to leave them in a false sense of secureness. And yeah, they totally bought my acting.

But something caught my attention. It smelled like fire, coming from the east. I ventured there, mostly on hope to find that son of a bitch Declan. I can not stress how much I hate this guy. I layed for a long time, lurking and hoping he'd pass by, so my bolts could pierce his weak flesh.

However, something else happened that night. That mad baron of ours is a bloody troublemaker, buy I like how it turned out. We're not on the edge of war with Vesper, allied with Yew. Even though that means a lot of scouting for me and my men, I'll also be working a lot with Pickles. She already grabbed my arm a few times and... came really close to her.

I love her... My sweet, green-haired Pickles. Maybe I can use these trying times to make her understand how I feel about her, that I'm not willing to let her go so easily. But for now, there is duty to be done.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 10:24:41 am by Leanne Melior » Logged

2x Covian Seal ⚜ Rage of Raaz ⚜ 2x Ribbon of Activity ⚜ Order of Leadership ⚜ The Richter's Crest ⚜ Order of Distinction ⚜ Jhelom Campaign ⚜ Coalition against Undead ⚜ Liberation of Nu'jelm
Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 08:08:17 pm »

Saturday, 9th June

Bloody feckin' hell, Baron... I know it's my duty to scout enemies... But why has it to be Vesper? That stench of fish is gonna accompany me for weeks!

I've been two nights and two days in this city. I disguised myself as a fisherwoman. Coloured my hair with a paste I made from wild fruits and herbs. Also added some fake facial make up. No one suspects a thing!

However, Vesper seems to be on the edge. I haven't seen a single redguard nor a member of the Trading Company. A few citizens, but no one of interest. The Baron is gonna kick me arse if I don't hand him a report soon.

Oh well, at least I haven't seen that other son of a bitch. I don't know if he stays in Vesper or ran back to Yew. My personal favourite would be if Vesper had caught him and imprison him for being from Yew. But I doubt it. Vesperians are after all useless.

I've returned home about an hour ago. Ilyrana handed me a black staff. I think it's the one Ilyana got from Keres when she became Commander. Guess I will hand it over to Facey, as she can't...

Now, I want to try and wash myself clean. I smell like a pile of fish. Too much to be okay!

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:02:03 am »

Sunday, 10th June

Yesterday evening was quite interesting. The baron started with the promotion as usual, promotions here and there, until suddenly the bell rang. To our surprise, Vesperians had tainted our soil, including the bear guy Escaflowne.

The baron, Sanderson and Morana had a chat with them, while I stood guard. Also some weird senior grenadier popped up. I think his name was Ahmed? I'm not sure though. But he's a weeeird guy. Looked all over the library for some kind of sugar? I have really no idea what he put in his mouth, and I don't really want to know, as he offered me to try it - the same thing he kept chewing on for five minutes. Gross!

The negotiations with Vesper ended as expected. The Vesperians left and our baron with the Sanderson and Morana stood at the balcony boo'ing at them.

However, Sanderson told us afterwards, that there was an attack on Vesperian buildings? Or at least they claim it. I didn't notice anything and I was walking around the damn city. Probably just propaganda.

Corporal Sanderson went with us to Tokuno to stab some fan dancin' women. She's a damn fine lass. Very handsome. Quite sexy indeed.
It was around this time when Pickles showed up. Oh I missed her. Her smell. Her jingly cap.

We went to the Kind's deer in Stonekeep for a drink. And of course! Bloody feckin' knew it! Declan, that general nuisance and Lady stealer showed up! Put a jar of milk in front of Pickles like he knows it all. I could have smashed the bloody stone table in two when he stood there like this smug son of a bitch he is. I know, I know... Pickles would love it if we'd get along. Luckely, she had to take care of recruit Eason who was doin' laps because he and Pickles apprentice don't like each other, so I was able to make it very clear again to Declan, what I think of him. And of course that rat snitched it to Pickles. He doesn't know her like I do. Things like that just worry her. He could have played along and act like we're kind of getting on together. But no.  He chose to make her sad.

I had to promise Pickles to try my best. For her sake. I'll love her, no matter if she is with him or not. But... I can't make her sad. I apologized to her, for making her feel uncomfortable. Asked her if I could kiss her on the cheek. She said no, just offered me a hug. It kinda felt like she was stabbing my heart with a dagger. But... I guess she couldn't offer more, with that son of a bitch only two feet away from us.

I pressed her close to mine. Just to feel her heartbeat. Getting tickled by her soft hair. And making a memory of her sweet scent. I can use this memory as long as I'm disguised in Vesper... If only she'd return my feelings.

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:15:30 pm »

Evening of 11th June, Final Entry

I decided that this would be my last entry. Writing about my feelings is not the Covian way and... it hurts. Besides, writing is for recruits and arcanists.

I found a picture my cousine drew when she found out that Pickles and I were engaged. It's cute, and Ilyana was very happy when she found out. She seemed even happier than on her own wedding.

Heh. If she'd be still here and knew of Declan, she'd talk some sence into Pickles. Or just making up a reason to put a bounty on him to burn him at the stake.

I may not have my beloved Pickles back, but... at the very least I got this picture to cherish on memories...

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 05:57:36 am »

Saturday, 16th June

I know, I know, I've said it'll be the last time I'm writing my diary...

But something great happened the last couple of days! It all started when I found this weird scroll. I knew it would be of interest for Pickles, so I ran around like a madman, trying to find her. I told her that I'd have no idea what it is and she should take a look at it. Well, I sort of knew what it was... I think...

Anyway, she was very happy about it and gave me a kiss on my cheek. I can't describe the warmth that overcame me when she did. Gosh, she's just way too cute.

And now yesterday, I beckoned her to come with me before I went to bed and also gave her a kiss on her cheek, joking to share a bed with me. We both laughed and... She even stroke my arm up and down. I swear, my heart pumped like... I dunno... What's a good comparison? Getting hunted by a dragon? But... Without the fear. I just felt happy. Maybe there's a chance for me that she'll come back to me after all.

When I say her I love you, I want her to understand it's true. When I say her forever, I want her to know I'll never leave her. And when I say her goodbye, I hope she won't cry, cause that will be the day I'll die.

I can't wait to show her the place I was talking about... I hope she'll like it there.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 07:20:04 am by Leanne Melior » Logged

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2018, 08:52:42 pm »

Sunday, 17th June

I just arrived home, lying in my bed. It's way too empty...

Corporal Sanderson ordered us to go into the Underworld. Bloody twisted my ancle down there so I asked to leave early. Hope the others come home on one piece, already lost a grenadier to the worms. Pity.

I hope my sweet Pickles manages to stay up. I could never forgive myself if something happened to her while I am gone. Not again! It's bad enough she had to endure torture by them feckin' drows. But I got her out of there... that's all that matters now.

I took her hand earlier and she squeezed it. Every touch by that gorgeus woman... feels like it cures every scar on my heart... The way she talked to old Eason... It's exactly that kind and loving character of hers I so deeply love. The church may say compassion is a false virtue... But eh, I've never felt the churchs codex, so who cares! I want to be like her. I want to care for others.

Speaking of old Eason... He has changed. Nowadays, he looks like a shadow of his former self. Poor man... He has seen a lot. And now it seems... his age got the best of him. I think Ilyana called that state dementia? Brain gets all mushy, those affected act strange and live in the past. Literally.

I wish there was something I could do to cure him. But I fear only death will set him free. As that day will eventually come, I swear to treat him with the respect he deserves, just like Pickles.

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2018, 10:04:31 pm »

Monday, 18th June

I watched the play of Rage of Raaz earlier this evening. A cry everytime... Pickles, and to be honest, all of them, made a damn fine job of acting. But Pickles was just flat out sexy.

Though I must say Kobra's painkiller are helping with... well, the pain... they also make my head completely fuzzy. I don't know what he all mixed in there, but that could bloody lay a horse on its feet.

Sweet Pickles helped me lay down at the Goblin. Even when on drugs she's beautiful. But then... HE came. Declan again... You know, I was trying to play nice. Eason junior told me some fairytale of letting her go. Bha! I'd never. The last time I've let her go, she... No. Not doing it again. I'm staying beside her no matter the obstacles... Even if she'd choose... him... I've sworn to protect her.

I. Will. Not. Break. That. Promise.

So yeah, there I sat, at the bar. Kind Pickles if I've felt better and aye! I did! He couldn't hold back a witty reply to which I roled my eyes. I tried to be good, I really tried. But ghu! He's was provoking me on purpose. Then he formed a ring out of wax, placing a ruby on it and wordless presenting it to me. Another provocation.

Pickles is not dumb. She asked us both for a talk. Declan went aggressive on me. He said I didn't even have a say in this. He doesn't understand that these feelings are mutual. I told him he doesn't care about her. He knows nothing about her, he even missed her play. He said where I've been on the casting. I WAS FECKING SHOOTING DROWS AT BORDERS! That's what I told him!

Pickles... ceased our fight. She said... She couldn't choose between us... Yet. So she chose neither. I cried. I still cry. Declan seemed rather pissed. Pickles asked us to give her some space for now. I will. I don't want to force her to anything. If she chooses me, it should happen because she wants to. Not because any other reason. Declan... I don't know. He went to talk private with her. I don't know what they talk about. But he may have shouted at here... Why does love have to hurt so much...

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2018, 12:18:01 pm »

Thursday, 21st June

I guess I'll only write a short entry today... I haven't seen Pickles the past three days. Not because I didn't want to... But she needs some time for herself now. And even though I bloody miss her, it has to be. She needs a lot to think through...

I haven't seen Eason senior in a while as well. I hope the old man's doing okay. That other guy tho, Senior Tiberius... First, I keep running into him whenever I am at Luna or Haven, and yesterday, I saw a random portal opening at the barracks. Curious as I am, I stepped through and found myself with other Covian guardsmen in an orc mine. And guess what, bloody Tiberius was there as well, leading a party along with Gimbly, Kazami, Tereleigh and Aylmer. I should have taken a break, but... I get all rusty when I can't run around, so I decided against my own health and stabbed a few orcs.

Poor Tiberius... I don't know what happened to him and Gimbly... He seems to have flashbacks of the past. There must have been a time where he had lost some men on duty. Maybe even back then when Cove only had a militia. I know definitely how he feels... Loosing people you like... People closer than father and mother... I still get flashbacks from the time I was enslaved by drows. All the humiliation, all the pain... I can't even think of how Pickles must feel from time to time. That poor woman has gone through a lot during that time... All them feckin' drows will pay with their life for what they did to her! The more I'm in awe how much she manages to stay so strong and joyful. She really is a fighter.

And... then there are other people... Kal... Even though Sergio was my mentor, it was Kal who has thought me a lot. He's been dead for so long now. It was nice from Ilyana to lift his, Brennas and Kazamis banishment. I wish she had come to sence much earlier, maybe she'd be still with us.

Now I wonder... Did Abi ever realize that Ilyana is no more? Maybe... I should tell her. She can take it. It's not like she'd dabbled into dark magic to bring her back... Right..?

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2018, 10:04:46 am »

Monday, 26th June

I've been a bit lazy lately writing down my petty feelings...

I finally found the courage to speak with Pickles again a few days back. I asked her to come along, and kind hearten as she is, she came along. I took her to a place in the northern woods of Yew. Couples often marry there. And boy, she was very confused about the location. Heh. I told her not to worry, I just like the place. It's calm... It's pretty...

So I told her again, that I will let her some space, time to think - and no matter what or how she decides, that I will always have her back. She seemed to be very relieved by that, as she came in to hug me. My heartbeat raised so fast, I'm sure she felt it. That lovely body of hers so close to mine... That sweet scent of hers... Truly arousing...

In other news, I had to tell Abigail about what happened to Ilyana. Poor thing. Her ignorance must have been a bliss. All these years, she just thought Ilyana retired and was sunbathing somewhere in the colonies. Absurdly enough, Ilyana was never fond of too much sunlight. She always said it makes her dizzy.

So Pickles and I tried to tell her. Poor Abi was heartbroken. She hugged as both and cried like I've never seen her before. But... Something strange happened... Pickles and Abigail... They both talked about bringing her back? It seemed very confusing to me. I still don't understand how and what they are planning... I might write down a few lines when everything is clearer in my mind...

Abigail left, and Pickles and myself were alone again. I was very nervous. I stuttered, I blushed. I wished her goodnight, but... My feet refused to leave. I was just standing at the door, gazing at her, hoping she'd call me back. I saw it on her face. She was nervous too. Sucking in her teeth, biting her lips.

I admire her, every tiny inch of her. I was close to go in and kiss her. I know she wouldn't have rejected me at that point. But... I didn't. I promised her to leave her some space. It was an emotional moment, and when we kiss after so long, I want it to be not out of affect, but because we are both clear in our mind. I'm sure she understood.

So I left the arcanist tower. And went back on my routine to scout our borders.

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 07:57:15 pm »

Saturday, 30th June

I prepared the past days for the Covian baths, had a carpenter building the tubs and walked up and down the whole day to fill them with water. Eh, probably not very good for my foot. But to be honest, it feels better already. Kobras balm and medicines helped wonders. Got to thank him when I see him.

A handful of people actually came, so the effort wasn't in vane. I hoped to take a glance at Pickles, but... She didn't show up. Sadly...

I did notice though that Tiger Pants Mori and Riker Vaklu glanced at me multiple times, checking my chest and butt. Heh. They're definitely barking up the wrong tree here.

Also that gal Tingleith has returned to our troops. Nothing new to me. I noticed her displeasure with the redguards for a while. Scouted on them a few times. She didn't fit in with them. Does she fit in with Cove though? I think... She was trying to hit on me? I didn't know she's into women. I've never thought about her like that to be honestly.

I ignored her advances on me. My heart belongs only to one lass. The time of whoring around have been put to a stop the moment Liz kissed me the first time.

I hope to see Liz soon again... Words cannot describe how much I miss her...

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2018, 06:57:55 am »

Monday, 2nd July

"Old love lies deep", they say. And boy, that is true. Pickles and I kissed. I've never felt so happy in a long, long time.

But from the start!

As we intended, we went to Terort Skitas. Liz and I led a small force, mostly recruits and other young blood. We did find several journal entries and notes about an ancient wizard that meddled with shard travelling.

Abigail and Liz will look further into this. For me, it just seems like a huge danger to meddle with powers we do not understand. I could care less for anyone, but I don't want Liz, or Abi for that matter, to get hurt. I know, they want to bring Ilyana back for all cost, but... "The person you are looking for is not the one you knew", the journal stated. Will she recognices any of us? I don't know.

Liz promised me to be careful and not taking any risks. I trust her, but I'm not sure if I should buy that. She's always been a curious one. Curiousity killed the cat... curiousity killed Ilyana.

I guess I can't change her mind, so I just make sure she takes no harm.

We exchanged a bit... she gave me a peck on my cheek, as the blood rushed through it. She turned her back on me, but I could sence she was smiling, so I laid my hand on her waist, as she patted my arm. I gave her also a peck on her cheek, until I eventually leaned in for a kiss.

She returned it. But I apologiced. She just smiled and said everything is okay. We kissed again... two more times. My heart still beats like I've run two hours straight and I can't stop grinning.

I did not go home that night. I climbed upon a near tree and kept guarding the arcanist tower. And stay in her presence.

Also, apologice dear diary... no scetches today. Some things are best left for a personal memory than a visual.

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 09:23:36 pm »

Wednes... I think?

I woke up... in the barracks? I remember being at an art class, packing up... herbs?

Got bored of that, so I started drawing... There was... appereantly some situation. Morana and... Kobra I think? Yes. It was Kobra... they arrested several people. Morana told me bring Rex Richter to the cells.

I may have shot him, so Sally and I had to drag him along.

Then... I think he tried an escape over the barracks roof. Bloody lunatic dragged me with him. Landed right on his fat body. Kobra said I broke my foot. Bloody hell... He patched me up, I remember huge pain and loud cracks. I passed out, I think.

Now I'm awake... Got to help Abi and Liz tho... I think... that's next night? I must get up then and help...

I still have the drawing I made... It's Liz and me... happily sharing time together. I hope... I can re-life this again in future...

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:29:24 pm by Leanne Melior » Logged

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2018, 09:21:34 pm »

Sunday, 7th July

Just a few words today...

First off, my foot still hurts. But at least I can walk with Kobra's device.
I saw Declan today. I don't know what he was doing in Cove, but... well... I actually I know. He came to see Liz. She didn't really gave him a glance tho. I think she decided for me. She's so gorgeus, I will love her until we're old and grey and saggy. Never leaving her again!

The crazy baron promoted two lads to scouts. That's something! Finally got a squad to lead!

That potential grenadier led a training. Honestly tho, it was just an excuse of grenadiers to beat our arses. Was not happy about it and clearly showed it. Feckin' grenadiers... think they're so tough. In the woods, these fools would be useless.

Oh well... I told Liz to take care of herself tomorrow... I know she will. I'm so bloody nervous I won't be able to sleep. I love her. Please... let her be okay...

Leanne Martin
Hoagie's pet
The Light Company
Covian Legend

Pickles' Shadow

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 07:42:52 am »

Wednesday, 11th July

They did it! They actually did it! Them crazy arcanists managed to snatch an Ilyana from another shard. Even one with a similiar history as my passed cousin!

But... I couldn't lie to her. The arcanists said we want to keep it a secret to her, that she isn't... "from here"... Besides, there would be no point. She was able to read through me like through glass. I told her how she died. And she told me how I died... Appereantly I took my life because of guilt? That I felt responsible for the death of a loved one? It must be Liz... She didn't give me any details... I don't think I really want to know more.

As much as I love my cousin, she does worry me a bit. She seems less insane than my cousine, but... I noticed she mouths back way quicker than the Ilyana I knew. Her stubborn head will get her and others in trouble again, for fecks sake. I'm not sure that would be wise. She said she'd tried to hold back, but... then again, she told me she mouthed at a Besieger for calling Pickles a wytch. While I agree that it's insulting to Liz, Ilyana or any arcanist for that matter, she should be cautios. She might stirr up the arcanists to mouth back more, which will result only in trouble. It is one thing if she fights with those backwashed sheephuggers, but if she does the same with a Covian templar... oh boy...

I must say though... Ilyana has some neat tricks up her sleeves. Out of different herbs, she made a paste that handled both the swelling as the pain in my foot. I can walk again without trouble. Just running is still a bit painful.

She asked me questions about Liz and myself. I didn't tell her that we went seperate ways and just slowly coming closer again... With that flaming temper of hers, she might just worsen things. Either forcing Pickles to something or burning Declan to a crisp. As much as I dislike him, I don't want that. It'd just hurt Liz...

I decided that I have to tell her again that I love her. And that I want us to be a couple again...

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length