Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 07:48:25 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  OOC Boards
| |-+  OOC Board (Moderators: Kelly Sanderson, Hoagie)
| | |-+  How did you find BoC?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How did you find BoC?  (Read 5222 times)
Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:13 pm »

Raiden gave me this idea, probably without knowing about it!

How did you find BoC? Who made you join, was it all by chance, or had you thought about it and finally took the big step? Was it your first role playing experience as well? How did it all happen?

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Mela Arkay
'Must be stopped'
The Light Company
Covian Legend

<3 PooSwallower

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:29:36 pm »

Octi wont remember it! But we chatted about it before it was even made gasp! I was in BoC the day it got on its own stone and since then was on and off.

Delcarakdur
One-handed and one-eyed Elf
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Mess with Delc and he will wack you with his stump

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 09:41:12 pm »

Got in about three months after all started!

Khae told me about the guild and it was my first experience of RP...ever!

Smiley 3000th post dedicated to OCTIE btw! For all his great work with the guild, firm leadership and also for some of the best moments of spontaneous RP I have ever seen!  Wink

Octie:
This thread has reached the pinnacle of its usefulness. We've established Kas is a hippy. Thread locked.
Zoie Hayden
Dragoon
Covian Guardsman
Covian Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 09:55:55 pm »

Jack Sinist abducted me and forced me to join.True story.

qom_riyadh
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 10:00:15 pm »

I've met one of the most friendly persons ingame : Lord Paidric, the well-known newbie helper. He introduced me to Vince Valentine. And that's how it went!
Hoagie
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Actually a Corporal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 10:00:58 pm »

A real life friend (Player of Drachir) made me join! Not regretted it once!

*Signed*
Hoagie Grayner, Commander
⚔ The Richter Crest ⚔ The Covian Seal ⚔ Order of Recruitment ⚔ Minoc Liberation Campaign ⚔ Kaldor Line Campaign ⚔ Vesper Civil War ⚔

Jack Sinist (•̪●)
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Growing up hurts when you compare

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 10:04:40 pm »

Got in about three months after all started!

Khae told me about the guild and it was my first experience of RP...ever!

Smiley 3000th post dedicated to OCTIE btw! For all his great work with the guild, firm leadership and also for some of the best moments of spontaneous RP I have ever seen!  Wink

Actually, you and I joined about the same time. The guild was started in the summer of 2004. Tongue

Jack Sinist abducted me and forced me to join.True story.

Best abduction so far.

My story isn't that exciting, I practically made myself join. Tongue
I had asked my mate Nec Mera (who joined up on the same day but left shortly after) if there were any RP guilds. And he told me there were a few, but really didn't go into it any further. So one day when I was riding on my new mount and swaying my paladin sword when I saw a bunch of strange looking militia men jumping out of a moon gate, someone was called Greystone, one was called Gimbly, and then I got confused and shut my eyes. Then I opened them again and asked if I could join, they partied me and told me about the site, I was confused and I -think- they gave me an ICQ number to Oct.

Nervous as I was I made my mate contact Oct and we made our characters and joined up. (The same day we came up with John Dell. A normal name the Baron said, what's more normal than a John. Tongue)

"Kyle! This is how the world works. If you want to find some quality friends you have to wade through all the dicks first."
Octiovus
Grandmaster tyrant.
Administrator
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 10:24:31 pm »

Well, it was all a bit odd. I got hit by a car and when I woke up, I had a vision. A strange peeing angel informed me that if I build, they will come. Sadly it didn't inform me that "they" were a bunch of ne'er-do-well hobos.

I've been stuck with this lousy job ever since.

Vince Valentine BoC (01:26) :
Don't mock me! I get 10% discount at tescos!
qom_riyadh
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 10:27:27 pm »

I knew that you had to be in some mental state to get into this mess, Chief...
Kas Valentine
Spellbook of Cove
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 11:51:57 pm »

I was fighting off the Orcish invasion of Cove with some close friends when Kas was asked to judge a competition by Whispering Green (I think) who had a large plot nearby which was acting as the prize. I had to monitor how many members of certain guilds were fighting the spawn and how often.

When the competition came to an end the Baronship of Cove was the guild with the most members fighting for the largest amount of time. As I recall there was initially some confusion over who had won due to the method I'd used to record the numbers being misinterpreted.

It soon got sorted out and the plot became the renowned....

I think some potion kegs and resources were included in the win too.

A little while after the competition I decided to jack in the life of the wanderer and become a fully fledged roleplayer with the glorious Baronship. I've had a few massive breaks since then but I've always been loyal to Cove and hope to remain so for a long long time.

(I was certain I had a picture of when the plot got handed over but I can't find it Angry)

Krieger
Head Beardsman
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Rubs beard.*

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 12:07:32 am »

It was when I first started playing UO about 2.5 years ago, and used to hang around Haven (also getting lots of help from Paidric), and suddenly a squad of Cove Guardsmen appeared. It wasn't like the recruitment parade today - they swiftly got themselves into a neat line, shouted off some chants in support of the Baronship, then marched off after a mere few minutes. I was like, "zomg how kl is that!!!111oneone," as I've always been into acting (used to attend drama school) and role-playing really appealed. So it took me about a year of training my first character, and plucking up the courage to get involved in the community (dunno why I was ever unsure), before I finally joined... LB, for whatever reason; I think it was just a recruitment parade of theirs I saw. I spent just under a year there, then finally decided I wanted to join that guild that I saw so long ago - that's fairly come on since then - that got me interested in UO RP in the first place!

.. story of my life, arrr.

Olchafa Serpernt
Covian Guardsman
Covian Regular

*Mutters*

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 12:10:17 am »

I had fought against cove a few times before i joined back in my old =H= and VOA days. I even remember mugging some people in the barracks.
We didnt RP with cove often but when we did it was always good RP followed by a good old fight.

I joined when i came back to the game for the first time and everyone in my previous RP guild (Kiran, Gerek and Jess's old alt i think) had joined BOC. Over time they left but i stayed on. I think this was just after the Kaldorian war, it might have been towards the end.
Iv been in for over a year and half, on and off.

*Signed Olchafa Serpernt*
userjosh5368
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 01:40:29 am »

It was just after SE had come out and i loved samurai's so i had some armour and was running past Vesper jail when i saw Octiovus after a small,chat he directed me to the Vesper townhall where a tornament was being held Shadwell and Kado were there and soon Shaddie lead me to the barracks! I have to say been with BOC ever since i've had my faults but apart from that BOC 110% best guild on europa!
Farfar
Danger to Sobreity
Citizen of Cove
Covian Regular

Cuddly little drunkard.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 05:00:53 am »

Well...

I walked around in the woods, drunk, lost happy, for the moment and stumbled upon the Britain moongate, there were some blankets on the ground, and upon them, a leaflet.
   I took a look into the leaflet, asked a wizard for a gate to the location of the rune. When i arrived, it took little time for some guards to trick me into the guild.

To make a long story short, i only joined! *grins*

*signed in thick handwriting*

Farfar.

Khaelieth
Citizen of Cove
Covian Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 05:11:09 am »

Hrothgar owed me money. Seriously. Way back during at around AoS's release, I lend Hroth and Mela (didn't find out it was her until quite recently) a mill to place a castle for me. Never saw that money again Cheesy

I then came back to UO, tried finding Hroth, found his guild and tried finding out how to get my money back.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length