Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 07:44:04 am
Website Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Join us on Discord! If you're having trouble with the invite link, contact Armitage Shanks#7063

+  Welcome to Cove
|-+  In Character Boards
| |-+  In Character Board (Moderators: Hoagie, Raiden Morana)
| | |-+  Patrolling Log
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59 Print
Author Topic: Patrolling Log  (Read 315779 times)
Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: January 18, 2006, 10:54:32 pm »

Orc Fort Patrol

Attended by:

Raiden, Regular Highlander (leading)
Vince Valentine, Officer Cadet
Nicholi, Watchman
Gantoris, Guardsman Recruit
Bayne, Watchman

A spot of orc bashing, every good Covians favourite past-time. *grins*

Cleared the orc fort so Covians can sleep easily.

*signed*

Raiden Morana, Regular Highlander.

Retired Commander & Grenadier Captain.

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2006, 10:58:20 pm »

Woodland Patrol

Attended by:

Nicholi, Watchman
Bayne, Watchman

We patrolled the woods of our fine shire.

Nothing out o' the ordinary ta report.

Although I think Vince was more bothered about his home furnishings, slaying a walking fur rug! *grins*

*signed*

Holder of The Richter Crest, The Baron's Cross, The Covian Seal (x2), Rage Of Raaz.

Veteran of The Kaldorian Line, First Minoc Campaign, Vesper Campaign, Yew Campaign, Second Minoc Campaign, The Border Wars, Vesperian Civil War & The Great Combine.

Raiden Morana
Cove Command
Administrator
Covian Legend

Hup! Hup!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2006, 11:02:52 pm »

Graveyard Clearing

Attended by:

Nicholi, Watchman
Bayne, Watchman

I led a patrol to the Cove graveyard to see how the Watchmen and Recruit would fair.

And to make sure nay deadites could wander Cove scarin' lasses an' scouts.

We made short work of 'em undead 'uns and secured the graveyard.

*signed*

John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: January 19, 2006, 06:31:54 pm »

Graveyard Patrol, 19th January 5 GMT

Lead by:
Officer cadet Kal Shadowhand

Attended:
Junior Thomas Sendrich
Recruit Geit something
"Recruit" Jack Sinist

We where slowly moving to the graveyard, a little to slow in my own opinion. Then again that Thomas looked rather... hurt. Anyhow, I must admit the fairly good leadership from Officer cadet Kal Shadowhand keeping us in a good formation. It did look like that Geit thing seemed to like the closeness of other men... I need to do something about that I think.

We slayed allot of bones and a few zombie looking, things. And a lich or two.

Gold collected: ~1000

Jack Sinist
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 10:00:18 pm by John Dell » Logged

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

Oct sayeth  (19:47):
We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Gregor Eason
« Reply #274 on: January 19, 2006, 07:43:18 pm »

Patrolling Log is for Logs ONLY. Keep ye chit chat elsewhere.

Militia Administration
John Dell
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: January 22, 2006, 02:44:00 am »

Graveyard Patrol Report, 22th January 1 GMT

Lead by:
Officer Cadet Vince Valentine

Attended by:
Watchman Nicholi
Recruit Jack Sinist

The grave stones seemed to need cleaning, that was Officer Cadet Valentine's opinion at least. We set off for the graveyard in a slow march. Upon arrival we where hit by skeletons, the watchman nearly soiled himself of fear... clearly not fit for the job. Me on the other hand showed them who was in charge, i put one skeleton after the other down the ground again.

After clearing the the grave yard officer cadet Valentine put a barrel of water on the ground where we, with our newly obtained rags, where supposed to dip them. I still can't see how I'm fit for this job, this surely fits some more low life recruit, not a splendid piece of work like myself.

We dipped our rags and start... cleaning and so forth. The grave stones where dusty as expected. Our work was interrupted a couple of times by sudden appearances of the lich. First time I saw one actually, buuut I wasn't frightened at all, I quickly made sure his face looked like it just had been over run by three horse waggons with 15 horses dragging it... either way I made quick work with them.

The newly soiled watchman found a long dead friend among the graves, I was nearly going to protest when I thought in my fear of my mind, that he was going to dig the body up and play with it. How lucky for me that officer cadet Valentine was there to put fear in him.

Monsters slayed:
+15 Skeletons
+10 Zombies
+4   Ghouls and the like
+3   Liches

Gold obtained:
None

Jack Sinist

« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 03:47:48 am by John Dell » Logged

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal."

We need more Swedes.
"I was stabbed."
Oct sayeth (19:47):
"But I will hold this in and carry on."

First Story       --->      Smiley
Second story --->      Undecided
Third Story     --->     Sad
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 23, 2006, 09:03:20 am »

Patrol of altmere and the surrounding area

Guardsmen attending

Vince Valentine               Officer Cadet
Rupert Ridir                     Junior Grenadier   (Leading)
Kas Valentine                  Junior Guardsman
Thomas Sendrich             Junior guardsman (at the time)

Rupert lead a patrol up te Altmere, and then we circled back through th' surround forests. We used a secret grenadier method o' keepin' ourselves safe, reffered to by rupert as 'The flying ducks'. No serious hostiles encountered, a relativly peaceful patrol.

*Signed*
                 Vince valentine
                  Officer Cadet

Vincent Redfield
Ya, rly
Covian Citizen

.........=II=.........

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2006, 12:09:35 am »

1/24/06

Leading: Kurt
Attending: Vincent Redfield
Where: Orc Fort.

Not much to say, we pretty much obliterated 'em.

Vince's tears cure cancer. Too bad he never cried.
The cheif export of Vince is pain.
Vince can impregnate a woman jus by pointing at her and saying "Booya!"
Vince's mace swinging powers the sun.
In a duel, Vince's left testicle was cut out. You may know its more scientific name, Jupiter.
Vince never wet his bed as a child. The bed wet itself out of fear.
The movie Anaconda was filmed in Vince's pants.
Vince once killed someone so fast that he died the day before.
Your milkshake doesn't bring Vince to the yard.
Vince has only visited Europe once. This tragic occasion is now referred to as the Bubonic plague.
Dylan
Guest Of Cove

Guardman o' Cove

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2006, 04:42:25 pm »

A Lonely Patrol ter my Homeland

Led by:Dylan Freewater.

I headed from the barracks, ter Altmere through the forests, Not much to report, some brigands messing aroun' in the forest, soem headless beasties a birdy woman an' oi found an ogre INSIDE th' Altmere outpost, i killed 'et an' lay it on th' table ter rest, on th' way back oi was attacked by.. the sea o' all thing! Bwah! i destroyed the watery creature and stamped in th' puddle it left.

Dylan
Guest Of Cove

Guardman o' Cove

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 25, 2006, 05:16:06 pm »

Patrol to Cove Town

Led By:Leloo, Watchman
Present: Dylan Freewater, Recruit

We went ter Cove town an' oi checked every building there whilst Leloo lay at the gates having a nice snooze, then Delcarakdur appeared and took Leloo on as her apprentice, the Patrol was cut a little short by a free for all on the barracks rooftops ter test our skills.

Signed: Dylan Freewater

Dylan
Guest Of Cove

Guardman o' Cove

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 25, 2006, 09:28:52 pm »

Three Patrols By Delcarakdur

Led By: Delcarakdur, Regular Highlander
Present: Dylan Freewater, Recruit

Patrol One - The Graveyard

Delc took me ter the Covian Graveyard, oi had not been here before, i was shocked at th' amount o' crazy things living there, they were crazy 'cause they attack Covian soldiers without thinkin' o' the consequences! They were dealt with an' we left the Graveyard in a more peaceful state.

Patrol Two - The Covetous Mountain

Delc then told me ter test my navigational skills by finding the Covetous mountains. I did this wi' ease, although i ran inter some Ogres on th' way.. When in the mountains we battled Birdies, Grass an' Eyes, It were pretty fun in there, bu' we went outside an' found a ghostie, who was sad, so we left.

Patrol Three - The Orc Fort

Delc finally took me to the Fort o' the Orcs, this was a place i knew all too well, full o scummy scummy creatures an' giant bastards in armour, we incidently took two o' these fiends down, one each oi like ter think, an' Delc took the heads as proof.. I just sketched them... Seemed more sane.

Signed: Dylan Freewater.

Gregor Eason
« Reply #281 on: January 28, 2006, 04:06:31 pm »

Patrol of Baronship Household - 23.00pm GMT, Friday 28/01/06
Introducing new recruit to the Baronship Household.
Led by Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer
* Max O'Munpain, Guardsman Recruit

Gregor Eason, Exploring Officer
Covian Army & Baronship Council
Vince Valentine
Cove Command
Covian Guardsman
Covian Legend

Carl Hammond - Detective

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2006, 02:23:22 am »

Guardsmen attending

Vince Valentine   Officer Cadet   (Leading)
Max o'munpain    Guardsman recruit

A patrol to the swamps to show the recruit th' ropes. we slayed many a foe, even a beast o' th' swamps

*Signed*
     Vince Valentine
      Officer Cadet

Gregor Eason
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2006, 12:48:15 am »

Patrol of Orc Fort - 21.30pm GMT, Sunday 29/01/06
Keeping the Orc forces at bay!
Led by Kurt, Regular Guardsman
* Nicholi, Watchman
* Dermott Eason, Guardsman Recruit

Following the Promotions Parade and some sort of possession? Regular Highlander Kurt assembled Watchman Nicholi and myself to embark upon a patrol to the local Orc Fort.
Regular Kurt ordered a forced march to the Glenmore Highlands, where we readied ourselves for the forthcoming onslaught!
On breaching the defensive pickets of the Fort, we were immediately set upon by hard Orcish veterans. There were those that summoned to them mystic forces, and others that gingerly threw explosives at us! However, none could prove as devastingly destructive as the enormous Orc Brute!!
The ground quaked at the arrival of the giant creature, and I must admit.. struck a certain fear upon me.
Regular Kurt's voice cut clean through the air with orders. "SKIRMISH IT!" Heh. Absolutely damn right. No way we were going to fight that thing toe to toe. I ran to a safe distance, and readied my bow. As I reached to my quiver to arm a bolt, I realised I was out of arrows. Not the BEST news when facing a vast creature of doom and peril!

With nay much else to do, I drew my shoddy katana and charged the beast head on. I woke up a little later, with Regular Kurt announcing his grand defeat of the Brute, and the completion of our patrol.

Patrol of Covian Graveyard - 21.50pm GMT, Sunday 29/01/06
Slaying the evil forces of the Undead!
* Nicholi, Watchman

Night drew in as we marched to the Covian Graveyard.
T'was my first time entering the domain of Evil, and I must admit.. having just faced a few horrors of the Orc Fort, I was concerned over what I might find in the Graveyard.
Little did I know that my previous experiences would be thoroughly surpassed by the residents of the Graveyard; RESIDENTS EVIL.
I clutched my katana uselessly. We had not had time to resuppliy, and as I was having a trouble finding arrow stalls in Cove, I had to make do with a blunt weapon that felt alien in my hands.
We entered the Graveyard, Regular Kurt courageously leading the way. It seemed the Highlander had great experience in dealing with both Orcs and Undead; his presence was an inspiration to Watchman Nicholi and myself.
We carefully followed him in.
Inside the Graveyard, groans and voices came from all around. Shades of air loomed towards us, casting ancient wizardy upon our party. We charged.
The air vanished, the rotten zombies fell.. but one stood more prominent than all else. It's evil laughter feeled our hearts with terror, and even the tough Highlander Kurt.. could not help his skin shiver. T'was a Lich.
Casting with mighty speed and sharpness, it cursed Regular Kurt.. ridding the Highlander of his protective armour, and casted flames that burnt his vulnerable skin. Regular Kurt fell.
Watchman Nicholi gripped his axe, and charged the Lich! I did what I could to aid, but my humble combat skills were no match for such a creature. Nevertheless, Watchman Nicholi, fuelled by the sight of his fallen comrade, hacked and lunged at the Lich; eventually turning its manic laughter into cries of pain.. until finally, the beast was felled.
Upon Regular Kurt's revival, we stood guard around the Graveyard, and vanquished any foe that rose.
We left sometime later, our hearts still beating quickly from the terror.. yet our minds satisfied with a job well done.

Dermott Eason, Guardsman Recruit
Covian Army
Gregor Eason
« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2006, 03:38:32 am »

Patrol: Return to Orc Fort - 02.00am GMT, Monday 30/01/06
Regular Kurt and I returned to the Orc Fort!

Patrol: Return to Covian Graveyard - 02.20am GMT, Monday 30/01/06
Regular Kurt and I got some revenge on Undead folk! Later, Officer Cadet ShadowHand joined us.
* Kal ShadowHand, Officer Cadet

Patrol of Altmere - 02.40am GMT, Monday 30/01/06
We patrolled up the road from the Covian Shire, to Altmere, finding many brigands and unchallenged monsters along the way!

Patrol of Northern Swamps - 03.00am GMT, Monday 30/01/06
At the Northern Swamps we faced dire monsters crafted from the Swamp itself! One such powerful foe of the Bog fell the seemingly inconquerable Cadet ShadowHand!

Patrol of Vesper Graveyard - 03.20am GMT, Monday 30/01/06
We decided to drop in on the Graveyard of Vesper. Regular Kurt permitted some ranged shots from behind the safety of the fence!

T'was a LOT of patrolling.

Signed, Dermott Eason
Guardsman Recruit, Covian Army
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 59 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length